The Roundup + a Pretty Muddy Winner!

I just got back from our recovery run this morning.

I’m not gonna lie, it kinda hurt. I think yesterday I got lazy with my form and didn’t tuck my tookus up enough and hurt my left calf ( not hurt-hurt but you know what I mean) and my right hip flexor is screaming at me. It could have been the hills I was duped into running too. In the end I know it’ll make me stronger, but still..

Anyway, to recoup some energy into my tired, old bones, we ventured out for some errands yesterday and FINALLY made it to the new Red Robin that opened up here in town!

We knew there would be a wait with it being the newest happenin’ place open right now, so we got there earlier around 5pm and walked around the mall until our table was ready – 30 minutes later we got a text saying the table was up! The reservations were even made on an iPad, ah technology!

Hubs enjoyed catching up on football in the waiting area with TVs on the floor.
I’ve only been a few times, when I visited family up north, but I was so excited for Red Robin to open up by us. With affordable meals and bottomless fries, it was the perfect post-long run day eatery!
Food: I got the Shrooms burger with a side of broccoli

Gar had the Original Tavern burger, since he was a newbie to the whole experience.

Verdict: We loved it! Great food at a great price! The hostess was very nice and we felt a bit rushed by the server but I kind of blew that off since it was opening weekend and all. We’ll definitely be back!

Moving on, here’s a roundup of this week’s workouts!

35 miles total.
The most I’ve run in a week, and yeah I’m feelin’ it! But in a good way!
I feel very accomplished and know that all of my hard work will only pay off at the Women’s Half in 2 weeks! Now, I semi-taper and work on strength and avoiding any actual injury-injuries!

How was your week in workouts?

Feel free to link up with us by adding this button and linking your post below- it can be any day in the week that you do your roundup too!

So, who gets to get muddy with me next Saturday at Pretty Muddy Tampa?!
Congrats Cassie! I’ll be emailing you to get your response so you can have your FREE race entry!

The Pretty Muddy Tampa race is this coming Saturday November 10 in Dade City

If you’d still like to register go here

Check out the Pretty Muddy Tampa Facebook page too!

November 4, 2012, 3:25 pm

Nice job!! What a great week. I need to go to Red Robin. They have one close to me at the Citrus Park mall. I’ve heard so much about those fries from SkinnyRunner…

November 4, 2012, 9:27 pm

Don’t forget to add your link Meghan 😉 They are delish! But definitely not a weekday eat for me – only after these miles I can do those fries 😉

November 4, 2012, 4:10 pm

happy taper!!! I may possibly see you at women’s half! if not, I will hopefully come cheer you all on!

November 4, 2012, 9:26 pm

Thanks Genna! Feel free to come and pick me up off the pavement! 😉

November 4, 2012, 8:32 pm

Great job on your 35 mile week! Rest that hip a bit and enjoy your taper. You’ve earned it!

November 4, 2012, 9:24 pm

Thanks Laura! 🙂

November 4, 2012, 9:43 pm

Hope your calf and hip flexor get less angry at you! 🙂 I love Red Robin, so delicious!

November 4, 2012, 10:42 pm

Red Robin is delish! The garlic + parmesan fries are so so good, but agreed – they’re a treat! Good job on the mileage!! Take care of that hip 😉

November 4, 2012, 11:38 pm

My workouts were all over the place this week because of Hurricane Sandy, but what’s a girl to do? Missing two runs isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I’m excited to hit up two yoga classes this week. 🙂

November 5, 2012, 12:26 am

You are totally dominating your workouts. I cannot wait to be healthy so my workout schedule can look a bit more like yours and a bit less like my Oma’s.
    I’ve never had Red Robin before. We don’t have those in SC and they were not in Indy when I lived there either.

November 5, 2012, 1:43 am

Aw you’ll be there soon girl! I was surprised they decided to give us a RR because I’d only been to them in PA and up north.

November 5, 2012, 1:29 am

Yum! I love Red Robin! Whenever we go we always ask for the fries right after we order 🙂 Great job on all your runs this week! Yay for 35!

November 5, 2012, 1:44 am

I was so full from the broccoli I didn’t eat the fries…I should have just substituted 😉

November 5, 2012, 1:59 am

That brocolli looks surprisingly good for fast food. We have tons of Red Robins but have never eaten there.

My right hip hss bern hurting. I think you’ve given mr some insight as to why.

November 5, 2012, 2:02 am

New shoes help too if its time! From is so important but sometimes I’m just so tired lol

November 5, 2012, 3:12 am

Awesome week of running, 35 miles is not too shabby! I have never been to Red Robin but now I have “Red Robin, Yummmm” stuck in my head 🙂

November 5, 2012, 11:21 am

Great job this week Kat! Those 14 mile runs are not easy. I love Red Robin, especially since they will wrap any burger in lettuce leaves instead of bun for you.

November 5, 2012, 12:03 pm

Those burgers look delish!! Can I admit that anytime I read ‘Red Robin’ I automatically read it in the sing-song commercial voice followed with ‘yuuuummmmm’.

November 6, 2012, 1:22 am

Seriously have no idea how you do so much without any breaks in between! Awesome job, Kat!!

November 6, 2012, 2:29 am

I have returned to tell you that I nominated you for the Inspiring Blog Award! Check out the rules here: http://runnergirlrevisited.blogspot.com/2012/11/7-things-nominating-blogs-that-inspire.html