Whatever Wednesday: Mud & a Poll

Yesterday is finally over! Overcome with relief of the political mumbo-jumbo that’s come, this isn’t a super long post. And there’s a giveaway.
2 notes on Election Day:
I voted. I was in an out in 25 minutes.
I went to Starbucks for a free wristband and a pumpkin chai soy latte.

They spelled my name wrong. Again.
This Saturday is the ever-elusive Pretty Muddy race! My first mud race ever. I’m not racing.  I’m already too sore and hurty from actual run training – I will be enjoying myself and the company I am with!
I am Pretty Ridiculous.
Off I go to the gym for a WOD for strength today. I envision wall balls and step/box jumps. I actually look forward to strength training!
Poll:
Do you prefer strength training or cardio? Why? Favorite moves/exercises?

November 7, 2012, 1:13 pm

I’m a cardio junkie. Running, spin, high heart rate classes. why- endorphins! I just don’t have strength training down well enough – or do it enough – to reach that yet.
    Cant wait until Saturday!

November 7, 2012, 1:18 pm

I love cardio, but once I started getting into strength I really started seeing the benefits. I’m scared of box jumps. I just won’t do them. I see myself tripping over the box and slamming face first into the ground in front of the box. I’m excited for Saturday, although until two days ago I did NOT realize it was an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. I’m having a time figuring out when I’m going to get 13 miles in on Saturday…I might long run Friday afternoon…

November 7, 2012, 1:41 pm

im so excited for you about this mud race! totally jeally over it. i want to do one some day fo sure!! hope your wednesday is wonderful!! xo

November 7, 2012, 2:05 pm

I love strength training but I also love cardio!

Pumpkin Soy Latte sounds amazing!

Have fun at your mud race! Get diiirrrrrrrrty! 😉

November 7, 2012, 2:06 pm

Wish I could join your ladies for the mud run. You all are going to have a blast! My vote is cardio! I love running and Zumba!

November 7, 2012, 3:17 pm

We’ll miss ya and look forward to meeting u!

November 7, 2012, 2:26 pm

I love weights but I’m learning to like cardio.

November 7, 2012, 2:34 pm

I love me some cardio. Eff all that weight ish. Lol! But I’ve been doing it! And I’m sore!

November 7, 2012, 2:34 pm

I prefer strength training but I know I NEED cardio. I love both power yoga and weight training.

November 7, 2012, 2:40 pm

Ahhh, don’t make me choose between cardio and strength training! Love both, but I definitely have more cardio days (five or six) than strength training days (two or three) most weeks. Have so much fun this weekend at the mud run! 🙂

November 7, 2012, 4:06 pm

I love CrossFit because it combines both! Can’t wait to see you get Pretty Muddy on Saturday!

November 7, 2012, 4:51 pm

I definitely prefer strength training because cardio is so painful! Unfortunately, I need both in my life. I love powerlifting (especially squats and deadlifts) more than Olympic lifting, but only because I’m better at it!

November 7, 2012, 5:03 pm

I have to admit, the very first thing I noticed on this post was your MASSIVE BLING on your hand!! wheeeew! Hubby did good!!

I like strength training! 🙂 Cardio gets boring!

November 7, 2012, 5:41 pm

Haha Sarah, a woman after my own heart 😉

November 7, 2012, 5:48 pm

I am more into weight training. I LOVE pushing the iron around and building some extra curves 😉 Makes me feel like a badass lol

November 7, 2012, 6:14 pm

I am a cardio junkie. Give me a long run, bike, swim, roller blade and I am one happy camper. Why? It is my meditation. I get more planning done and ideas vetted during cardio than I ever could at work. I do have issues getting them put to paper when I get home, but I am working on it. Good Luck Kat and the rest of your friends doing the mud race this weekend. It looks like a lot of fun. Kat if you want to do Tough Mudder after this you can join our team… 🙂

November 8, 2012, 1:10 am

Whens that Brad! I’m doing warrior dash next February!

November 7, 2012, 6:30 pm

Enjoyed every bit of your blog post.Really thank you! Want more.

November 7, 2012, 6:39 pm

I prefer cardio, but strength is really important for me since my bones are not great. Have fun at your mud run….sounds messy!

November 7, 2012, 7:14 pm

First thing I noticed was your name spelled wrong and then I continued reading!

I like the wall balls! I love strength training over cardio, although I don’t need much of it! Hopefully it kinda stays that way!

November 7, 2012, 10:13 pm

You KNOW I prefer cardio girl! Specifically…running! 🙂 Hope your workout was great! And tell those starbucks people to get it right!!! 🙂

November 7, 2012, 11:09 pm

I love both cardio and strength! And I love that Les Mills Pump gives you cardio kicks while you are doing strength training.

I’ll be at Pretty Muddy on Saturday, too.

November 7, 2012, 11:15 pm

i love strength training over cardio by far! I like doing the short workouts and then moving on! Plus i love how i feel after lifting weights… sore!

November 8, 2012, 12:51 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 8, 2012, 12:52 am

I prefer cardio over strength training, especially running! I have the hardest time fitting in strength training, I am getting much better at it though! Best of luck to you at your mud race!

November 8, 2012, 1:04 am

Before and After photos… it’s a must. Have fun!

November 8, 2012, 1:40 am

I wish they had those mud races in canada! ummm right now i am loving cardio more than weight training but i go back and forth!

November 8, 2012, 2:14 am

I LOVE both! I love the sweat and pride I feel when lifting heavy and I love the way I can escape and be lost in my thoughts during cardio.

November 8, 2012, 2:25 am

I love cardio! However, before I got injury I was finally starting to add in some cross training and strength moves. Right now I am focused on just getting my distance running back, but once I am healthy I plan on doing some more strength stuff in hopes it prevents further injuries.

November 8, 2012, 2:29 am

Oh you know where I’m at with that one!! 🙂 Pretty Muddy is only three miles, isn’t it? That should be a piece of cake for you 😉
    Looks TONS of fun, and I hope they come to Michigan next year!!

November 8, 2012, 8:43 pm

That Pretty Muddy photo has me really nervous now. Good Lord, I don’t want to be eating mud. I think I’ll be on the take it easy trail with you.

I voted and got a free Indivisible bracelet too! YAY for freedom and free red, white and blue chackas!