Change of plans

So, yesterday was a frenzy in the world of Twitter and Facebook and acceptance notifications for the Inaugural Nike Women’s Half in DC April 28, 2013.

I anxiously awaited word and checked and rechecked my email hoping to hear I was in too! I mean, Nike knew it was my birthday week didn’t they? I’d signed up as soon as registration opened, and they knew that right?

Well, this came late last night:

I know right.
Immediately I looked into a Plan B. I still needed an April half to get me into the second level of the a Half Fanatics and tack that goal of 6 in 6 months off of my bucket list. However, I wasn’t doing it in Florida…too hot man. So, after counseling my running partner, we decided to make a girls trip out of this:

Oh yeah. Myrtle Beach, here we come!

Have you ever had to enter a race lottery and lost were declined?
Oh and we have the winner of my Therafit giveaway!
Patti – you’ll have 48 hours to get in touch with me with your contact info!

December 13, 2012, 1:21 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t get into Nike 🙁 Hopefully you’ll get in next year! The Diva’s race does look like a blast though

December 13, 2012, 1:22 pm

I adore your resiliency.
    this is something I work on with my seven year old DAILY…
    such a key to a happy life.

December 13, 2012, 1:45 pm

It’s so much easier when I realize how short life is!

December 13, 2012, 1:26 pm

It blows that you didn’t get in but I’m excited about your girls trip! You’re going to have a blast!! Have you seen the Diva medal? It’s huge!

December 13, 2012, 3:30 pm

Yes! Bling bling for 100 dollars LESS! Xo

December 13, 2012, 1:26 pm

aww I’m sorry, that stinks! but i’m glad you took it with a grain of salt and are headed to myrtle beach, what a great place to run a half!

December 13, 2012, 1:28 pm

Oh girl. I’m sorry. 🙁 But yes, I know that disappointment. This year will be round three for me for the NYC marathon lottery and I fear I won’t make it this go around either due to Hurricane Sandy and all the participants who didn’t get to run the marathon. I think it may push everything back another year. Oh well.

I’ve got a good little local half marathon race for you, Chasco Challenge. It’s on 3/9/13 and it’s only $40. 🙂

December 13, 2012, 3:31 pm

I’m going to be in Austin I march or I’d consider!

December 13, 2012, 1:32 pm

🙁 Sorry you didn’t get into Nike but the Divas Half Marathon looks like a ton of fun! I’ve seen them at expos and always wanted to do it!

December 13, 2012, 1:38 pm

I don’t even know what a race lottery is! I thought you either signed up in time or didn’t? Guess I was naive.

December 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

You sign up in a period of dates and then they randomly pull..so doesn’t matter when u sign up…boo

December 13, 2012, 1:55 pm

I ran the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (that’s a half) two years ago and it was a good race. Myrtle Beach reminds me of Florida though, as far as the touristy stuff.

That one is usually in October though. I didn’t know the Women’s Half was going there now. Pretty cool! I hope it ends on the boardwalk. Sooooo pretty there!

December 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

Never been there so excited for the visit and girls trip!

December 13, 2012, 2:13 pm

OMG… I signed up for this race just before I went to bed last night. So excited that I actually know (well, we have chatted through twitter) someone that will be racing.
    PS Sorry you did not get the Nike race, but glad to see you immediately went to plan B.

December 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

Yes! It was only 68 bucks! Cool! We’re looking at hotel etc now!

December 13, 2012, 2:58 pm

I absolutely understand! I have been denied by the NYCM and half marathon lottery for years! I’ve basically paid the entry fee in lottery charges 🙂 I love your resiliency and having a backup plan is helpful! You will kick ass no matter which race you run!

December 13, 2012, 3:33 pm

Thanks 😉 I’m excited for the visit, never been there!

December 13, 2012, 3:02 pm

Sorry you didn’t get in but Mrytle beach sounds like a blast. Good replacement!

December 13, 2012, 3:45 pm

yayy us!!! watch out Myrtle Beach!!!!! lol

December 13, 2012, 4:08 pm

The NYC Marathon.. tried the first year and denied 🙁 It doesn’t matter how soon you register 🙁 It stinks that running these races are so popular! We are still waiting to hear about NY and how that is going to work out. Yay for plan B though 🙂 I hear great things about those races!

December 13, 2012, 4:57 pm

Yep, can’t be all caught up on not getting in…plus I saved $100 on registration, crazy right!

December 14, 2012, 2:44 pm

NICE!! And it will probably cost less to travel there 🙂

December 13, 2012, 4:16 pm

Bummer! At least it sounds like you have an awesome girls race-cation planned! Have fun!

December 13, 2012, 4:50 pm

Super bummer you didn’t in — Diva’s Myrtle Beach race was my back up plan too. And it looks equally awesome! I love that you already have a girls weekend plan… sure to be a good time!

xoxo

December 13, 2012, 4:59 pm

Totally excited, still a little bummed but can’t be negative!

December 13, 2012, 5:42 pm

The Nike half would’ve been fun, but the Diva half in Myrtle Beach sounds like a total blast! Plus, if you make it a “race-cation,” you can’t go wrong!

December 13, 2012, 5:43 pm

I’m so sorry. I feel so lucky to have gotten in, but I feel terrible when I think of all the deserving runners who didn’t. I would have really enjoyed meeting you there. I hate the lottery system.

December 13, 2012, 5:50 pm

I’m so happy for all of those of you who got in! It’s a great opportunity – the lottery does stink though! Staying positive!

December 13, 2012, 7:04 pm

Every year for the New York Marathon I have been declined. We will see what happens this year, unfortunately, it falls the day after IMFL which means even if I do get in, I will have to defer. Of course, I had the reverse this year, I never in world thought I would get into the NYC Triathlon, but I did and I wasn’t counting on it, but it will be fun anyway. Good job keeping with you goals Kat. Love it!!!!

December 13, 2012, 11:09 pm

I’m sorry that you didn’t get into the NWM. That really stinks. I know you were really excited about it. Maybe it means there’s a reason that you’re supposed to go to Myrtle Beach? It makes me wish I had entered so I could transfer by bib to you if I’d gotten in. :/ Is it Kristen you’re going to SC with? Have fun!

December 13, 2012, 11:33 pm

I didn’t get in either. Ah, well, no biggie! 🙂

December 13, 2012, 11:57 pm

Glad you were able to get a good Plan B! Personally I’d rather run at Myrtle Beach, but then I live close to DC and never cross the bridge to run LOL.

December 14, 2012, 1:40 am

Sounds like a fun back up plan! I never entered a lottery since I prefer smaller races. I have a hard time with crowds and learned this the hard way at the Marine Corps Marathon in 2010.

December 14, 2012, 2:56 am

Seriously. Arrrggghhhh…
    You will be a hour away and I will be in Nashville running my, hopefully, redemption marathon.
    I entered the NYC lottery. I got in, but my training partner didn’t so we decided on MCM instead so we can do it together.

December 14, 2012, 3:16 am

Yea I’m glad to have mine with me at myrtle beach, maybe you’ll be there the Thursday we get there?!

December 14, 2012, 3:58 am

PLAN B IS GONNA KICK @$$$$.(Pending it doesn’t break already summer vacation plans) We will get to wear CROWNS for a whole 13.1 miles (instead of just 1 from Burger King)!!

December 14, 2012, 4:00 am

Haha lemme know, it’s gonna rock and the medal is super sweeeeeettttt

December 14, 2012, 4:44 am

This is all new to me, but I like the way you took the bad news and turned into something positive.

December 14, 2012, 5:09 am

Hello. I am the winner of the therafit sneakers. my email address is cootertiger@yahoo.com. Thank you for letting me the message on my blog. I tried send an email here, but it wouldn’t let me. Please send me an email so I can get you my information. Thank you soo much!!

December 14, 2012, 6:40 am

That’s great that you are rocking Plan B! It sounds like a fun race!

I’ve never entered a lottery for a race. I think I might for the NWM, though! Um, Tiffany? Yes, please!

December 14, 2012, 12:02 pm

It’s too bad that you didn’t get it, but great that you can roll with the punches and come up with an excellent plan b! That’s always hard to do!