ICE, ICE Baby!

For my birthday, my work group decided to do a group outing with me and head to the ICE Event held every year at Gaylord Palms in Orlando!
After having cupcakes for breakfast and running a couple of miles to negate that fact, we headed to O-town early to grab lunch beforehand at the resort. Gaylord Palms is super nice! There’s sections of the resort named for different areas in Florida: St Augustine, Key West, etc. I’ve wanted to stay there but it also costs a pretty penny to stay along with the price you’d pay for any spa packages etc…which would be a must!
After a stroll around the resort we headed in to the ICE exhibit! I got pretty darn excited as I saw the theme of the display this year was “Merry Madagascar!”
Tidbits of info: ICE! is Florida’s favorite frigid Christmas tradition, with over 20,000 square-feet of frosty 9-degree bliss played out in a winter wonderland of exciting hand-carved sculptures. Artisans take shifts in the 9 degree exhibit creating sculptures from characters to ice slides from Two Million POUNDS of ice!
Yes, it is around 9 degrees on there! You’re given fashionable parkas for that very reason and believe me they come in handy!
I won against hubs on the ice slide!
I’m so over cupcakes….from hubs to peeps at work, I’ve seen gigantic amounts of cupcake love. I love them, but they won’t love my hips. Miles of running wouldn’t undo the damage…so it’s about time to pass them on for adoption to other pals of mine. I have to get back into this running game! Doc Oc, my TENS machine, has been working fantastically! I mean, I feel much better in regards to recovery after each run – it’s become by routine to use Doc after each run. Add to that the fact that Hubs has been stealing Doc from me after each session for his ankle and his PT is noticing a huge difference in his range of motion – that alone shows me it’s working!
Let’s get back to business!
Just me, Doc, and Jaeden
Have you been to any Christmasy events lately?
Does the TENS machine impress you?
1 more day for this Giveaway!

December 12, 2012, 12:52 pm

oh I’ve wanted to do that ICE thing so bad! My aunt goes every year… always looks like fun!

December 12, 2012, 12:55 pm

I want to go to ICE! I always see people’s pictures from it but have never been. Looks like fun! And sometimes you just need a little break from running. I think a few days off is just fine, especially since you trained so long for that first half and just ran another one three days ago!

December 12, 2012, 1:36 pm

It’s fun if you make a day of it! I’m taking a rest day today finally with some stretching – so hard to not run when I’m eating a ton of cupcakes! haha

December 12, 2012, 12:58 pm

Ahhh awesome! I am actually wanting to go to ICE this year 🙂 We need to get back to morning runs – except now I work at 7am. Ouch!

December 12, 2012, 1:37 pm

I’ve started to like evening runs! I tend to feel more warmed up by then. But it’s whatever works with my crazy schedule too 😉

December 12, 2012, 1:42 pm

How awesome! This looks like so much fun! We own a timeshare in Orlando and it’s not too far from Gaylord Palms. We’ve visited there in the summer and it’s amazing! I would love to see ICE! I wonder if it will still be there in January when I’m there for the marathon? Yes girl! Love me some stim! Glad it’s working for you! I think it’s helping my knee tremendously!

December 12, 2012, 2:58 pm

I think it might be gone, but you can always come visit!

December 12, 2012, 1:44 pm

I love ICE at Gaylord Palms! I’ve been 2x now! People just need to be aware if they go to ICE they have to pay for parking, which is a pretty penny!

December 12, 2012, 2:12 pm

Thanks for reminding me about ICE! We have to make a trip to Orlando before the end of the year because we have free medieval times tickets that expire. We are going to try to hit up ICE now too.

I was prescribed a tens unit for PT on my neck and shoulders years ago and I still use it periodically…as does Hubby. We love it!

December 12, 2012, 2:59 pm

Just be sure to remember the parking that Erinmmentioned for ICE!

December 12, 2012, 2:38 pm

Man, I should totally do that ICE thing. It looks super fun!!

I get to see you twice this weekend. SO. HAPPY!

December 12, 2012, 2:42 pm

My daughter loved looking at these pics with me, what a fun weekend!

December 12, 2012, 3:00 pm

Aw how cute! It’s so much fun, I wonder if it is in other places too?

December 12, 2012, 3:56 pm

ICE looks so fun!! And cold 😉

December 12, 2012, 4:20 pm

Awesome pics! Love it!

I’m going to an Xmas Craft show tonight!

December 12, 2012, 4:54 pm

That ice slide looks like so much fun!

December 12, 2012, 5:43 pm

Now stop, collaborate and listen!! If youre sick of the cupcakes send em my way lady! Ain’t no party like a cupcake party! Heehee! So glad u had a blast at ice! It does look so fun!!!! Love u!

December 12, 2012, 8:37 pm

Looks like so much fun. I love you reference to the Vanilla Ice song. My daughter used to love to dance to that song.
    Keep up the color in your life.

December 12, 2012, 9:55 pm

I have always wanted to do the ice stuff! How cool! 🙂

December 12, 2012, 11:45 pm

What a blast…..you have fun with everything you do. So funny that you beat your hubs on the slide!

December 13, 2012, 12:02 am

Hope you had a great birthday! We are going to ICE tomorrow! We’ve never been. How long does it take to go through it?

December 13, 2012, 3:25 am

I did thank you! Takes like only 20 ,minutes…and parking is 15

December 13, 2012, 12:35 am

What a fun looking place!! I want to do an ice slide!

LOVE the parkas!

December 13, 2012, 1:13 am

As always, I love your blog because you have so many awesome pics!!! It looks like you are having a blast! Cheers
    P.S. I love the parkas!!!!!

December 13, 2012, 1:41 am

Never heard about the TENS machine, sounds interesting, but looks a little scary 🙂

December 13, 2012, 7:07 pm

I love the ice pics Kat. I am looking forward to going as well. I have to tell you while I am happy you found that the TENS machine works for you, I am a little concerned. Running shouldn’t make you hurt. Injuries are one thing, but if you are just doing a training run, or even running a race you should not hurt every time. What do you say we get together and I take a look at your form and maybe I can help?

December 13, 2012, 7:57 pm

I don’t necessarily hurt after every run – I use the TENS for more preventative help. Sitting all day at work has been killing my hip flexor now that I DO run more, so waiting on it to get raised. Running doesn’t make me hurt, SITTING makes me hurt