My lil lungs: an update

Gotta love the thumbnails that YouTube chooses 😉
* Pardon my emo-esque demeanor – I was pretty tired from the food-coma I was in!
Just another day at the asthma doctor
Do you have any physical limitations to your running or life in general? How do you deal with being frustrated?

December 26, 2012, 1:30 pm

Hang tough.. I have fought asthma years. Don’t get discouraged, once you find what’s going on, I’m sure you will get the right formula for you.

See you out there on the road

December 26, 2012, 2:37 pm

Thanks Pete! Trying my best!

December 26, 2012, 4:54 pm

Having asthma definitely makes it a challenge. I found that Pranayama Yoga – controlling your breathing exercises helped me a lot. I have yet to find a decent doctor.
      right now what has really helped is my symbicort inhaler. 2 puffs a day

December 26, 2012, 5:03 pm

They have me on Qvar right now which is helping – I LOVE Bikram too as that helps a lot – I can’t wait to find out what the actual culprit is!

December 26, 2012, 1:30 pm

Oh man, that is frustrating to have the one thing that isn’t ok with your running be out of your control! I hope they figure it out. I am terrible at dealing with running frustrations!! Good luck Kat.

December 26, 2012, 1:34 pm

Im sorry ur dealin with this 🙁 Theyre gonna figure out whays goin on and get u all fixed up!!!!

December 26, 2012, 2:37 pm

Thanks Kris, it helps to have a buddy with me! 🙂

December 26, 2012, 2:00 pm

That sounds so discouraging! I dealt with knee pain off and on a few years ago when training for a marathon, which isn’t the same at all, but I understand the frustration somewhat. Hope you get it all figured out!

December 26, 2012, 2:04 pm

I feel your pain girl. Stay strong, I hope they find the culprit. You should def try out the expand a lung. It has helped me just in the few days I’ve been using it;)

December 26, 2012, 2:17 pm

How frustrating! I have exercised induced reactive airway so I empathize with you!

December 26, 2012, 2:23 pm

hang in there, pretty lady!! so sorry that youre still dealing with the asthma crap. that makes me so sad! saying prayers for you! xxoo

December 26, 2012, 2:44 pm

So frustrating that you have to deal with that and can’t breathe. It must not only be uncomfortable but a little scary at times too? And yay for Disney! Hopefully you’ve got some sort of answers by then or have a magical run through the most magical place on Earth so that you’re not as affected for your next race. I can’t wait for it to arrive!

December 26, 2012, 2:58 pm

I have to take a puffer every time I go for a run. I suffer from exercise induced asthma….and when I have a cold…it’s a million times worse!

Hang in there my friend!

xo

December 26, 2012, 4:32 pm

Thanks Kierston! sometimes it does help to learn that others struggle just the same sometimes!

December 26, 2012, 3:02 pm

I completely understand your situation, I am an over 40 asthmatic , who was told 6 or 7 yrs ago I couldn’t run ( at the time I was running 1-3 miles) I forced my self to run increasing my distance a lil at a time, & have since run , 13 marathons & hope to do a 50 miler this year,right now I am out of commission for a couple of weeks, due to an allergic reaction I had from a trail race, I’m allergic to certain trees & it hit my asthma, it was my own fault I should’ve taken an allergy pill, but I think I’m invincible, lol, I’m a fellow SPA so if you ever want to commiserate, come friend me on fb. Other wise good luck

December 26, 2012, 3:06 pm

Thank you so much for sharing with me Debbie! I am going to friend you now! 😉 the Doc definitely wants to see exactly what’s triggering my fits so I know which medicine is the best, and then ill be happy at least knowing what to be aware of

December 26, 2012, 3:20 pm

Booo! Let’s hope they figure this out asap! Darn these allergies and asthma cramping your style! <3

December 26, 2012, 4:33 pm

I know the test isn’t fun…the numbing of the arms and sticking of the prickly things…but I’m just hoping to know what’s going on. Thanks Beks!

December 26, 2012, 4:53 pm

Sorry Chica. I know how much it sucks having a limitation, considering have been injured off and on this year. Hang in there! And Merry Christmas!!!

December 26, 2012, 5:11 pm

Ees ok chica! We’ll be the comeback girls! Merry Christmas!

December 26, 2012, 4:59 pm

🙁 Hate you’re having these issues girl! Breathing is a must while running lol! Hope you get it all figured out soon! Boo on asthma and allergies!!!

December 26, 2012, 5:14 pm

Lots of physical limitations due to previous injuries and reoccurring injuries. It totally sucks, but I have to keep in mind if I pushed myself without taking time to heal, or heal properly, I’d be way worse off and may prolong my inability to run.

Easy to be frustrated (and totally understandable – hang in there! It all works out in time (have faith)

December 26, 2012, 10:10 pm

Thanks I definitely have faith and will do my best to not let it be an excuse to not do things I want to accomplish! 😉

December 26, 2012, 6:29 pm

Oh that stinks! While I don’t have asthma, I work with many patients who do in pulmonary rehab. Usually it takes time (and lots of tests) to find the answer but you will. Running is making your lungs stronger than ever. Don’t give up!

Good luck!

December 26, 2012, 10:10 pm

Thanks Ang! That’s why I love to do it – can’t wait to figure out the puzzle!

December 26, 2012, 6:38 pm

Awww, hang in there, friend. 🙁 Hopefully the doctors will have a better idea of what’s going on after the test. On the bright side, it will be one NYE you’ll never forget, right? 😉 (Also, loved watching your vlog and hearing your voice for the first time!)

December 26, 2012, 11:29 pm

Oh no, Kat!! Hopefully they’ll figure out what is causing the problems! Stay strong, girlie!!

..and what is that freaky thing on the wall..?

December 27, 2012, 2:53 am

It’s ok Jen, thanks! It’s my Donnie Darko painting 😉

December 27, 2012, 12:37 am

Listen to your body… you are strong and know what you can do. Wishing you nothing but health for 2013 and continued strength.

(love the paintings behind you — darko bunny?)

December 27, 2012, 2:54 am

Thanks B, same to you! yes, it’s a Donnie Darko painting I did 🙂

December 27, 2012, 2:28 am

Just think, you’re one step closer to figuring this ALL out!! You’re a trooper 🙂

I have a lot of health issues/problems but I always tell myself that there is someone out there who has it worse than me, that always helps me keep on trucking! You try and do the same!!

December 27, 2012, 1:05 pm

You seem to handle everything in stride, and hopefully the doctors can figure out how to make things better with appropriate medication. We are all pulling for you. Look forward to meeting you really soon!

December 27, 2012, 2:42 pm

Definitely important to take care of yourself, which you are doing. 🙂 You are a rock star!

December 28, 2012, 1:30 am

Aw, love, I just want to give you a big ol’ hug. I hate that you’re going through this and I hope they get you fixed up like brand spankin’ new.

December 28, 2012, 2:17 am