NYE was RAD!

Last year we were grandma and grandpa and stayed in on NYE. Maybe we were exhausted from wedding planning? Well, not this year…not completely 😉
We were invited to an 80’s themed party at a friend’s place and were totally excited to make tubular outfits and rock on as we rang in 2013!
Hubs had a blonde mullet wig – far cry from his day-to-day ‘do – and I just decided to go with the side pony along with the dress I found a few weeks ago. Hubs’ tights? Yeah…those are mine…
We showed up around 9pm to see that my friend Jess and a crew of super far-out decorators set up an awesome 80’s scene! Snacks and drinks oozed 80’s (Rice Krispie treats and Razzles for the win!) and there were even board games, a slide show of memorabilia (hello, Atari!), tunes from the era playing in the background, and a photo booth for us to make fools out of ourselves with too!
Being the workout freak that I am, I made sure not to take in too many libations as I knew I’d be up early to run the first run of 2013! Gar took away the prize for best-dressed guy and we played a few games of Twister to limber up – man, I hadn’t touched that game since I was … like … 11! We all danced the night away to MJ and Madonna – time flew by and it was midnight before we knew it!
 Twas a fantastic way to ring in the new year and reminisce about the 80’s 😉
In the world of workouts, I did this semi-quick WOD on my lunchbreak Wednesday that kicked my butt! Nothing like effective and efficient workouts for the win!

Yesterday was my last day of speedwork before the Disney Half next weekend! I set out to do 6 x 800s (since I hadn’t done that many in quite some time) and snuck into the high school by our house to try out their track! Hubs had been there a couple of times this week while he did his run/walk rehab and said it was quite squishy! He went with me to do more rehab and it was nice to have company through those bad boys! 1 mi w/u with 6x800s at 3:54 avg, .25 recoveries, and cd were complete. Friday = a glooooorious rest day! 😉

How have you kicked 2013 into gear Week 1??

January 4, 2013, 1:56 pm

You night looked like SO much fun. Your costumes/attire were perfect and you obviously had a wonderful time. I have a “past” with Twister from my college days….won’t elaborate but it was fun back in the dark ages for NYE in 1975! haha, but you were not even born yet!

January 4, 2013, 4:14 pm

haha it was so much fun, like party-yoga! I was a 1980 baby 😉

January 4, 2013, 2:02 pm

Oh you two look fabulous!!!!!!! Sounds like such a fun way to bring in the New Year!!!

January 4, 2013, 4:14 pm

Thanks Mindy! and yes I will be at the expo after my race Saturday!

January 4, 2013, 2:35 pm

Looks like a fun New Year’s! And one of the things I’m going to start doing after Disney is some real speed work. Since I work at a school and we have a track it doesn’t make sense why I haven’t actually tried to start doing that yet. I’m going to find a training plan that steps it up a little bit in mileage and speed and use that one before my next race. I can’t wait for Disney!! I saw you tweet that you’d be at the booth until 1, but I’m coming after school so I won’t be there until later in the day. Have so much fun! Disney expos are the BEST!

January 4, 2013, 4:15 pm

It’s ok, I’ll try to go back to the expo after my race Saturday! Yes, speedwork is huge for me! It definitely helps my legs but also works to push me with my breathing in small spurts so I condition myself

January 4, 2013, 2:45 pm

Awesome! looks like you had an awesome time!

January 4, 2013, 3:18 pm

First of all, I like the white background of the blog.
    Second, I showed my boyfriend the picture of you and her husband on NYE when you uploaded that picture on Instagram. Weird? I said, they are definitely going to have fun tonight.

I love the track, especially over the summer when some cute High School boys are throwing the football around. I guess it makes me run faster.

Good luck at your race!!

January 4, 2013, 4:16 pm

Haha, that’s cute Ashley! It was so much fun…when I took off my makeup I just shoot my head .. “Never on a regular day!”

I tried to make the blog more simple, so glad you guys dig it!

And yes, when school is out in the summer I WILL be doing my Yassos and speedwork there for sure…pool boy scout!? lol, jk..I’m married, what am I thinking ;op

January 4, 2013, 3:23 pm

OMG! Like totally rad! 😉 looks like it was fun!

January 4, 2013, 3:45 pm

OMG I love your outfits!! They are awesome. I can’t believe the Disney Half is next weekend! You’re going to do great!

January 4, 2013, 4:17 pm

Thanks Christine! I can’t believe I’m about to run my 3rd Half already!

January 4, 2013, 3:52 pm

80s parties are the best!! Love it. While you were going back to the 80s for NYE, we celebrated 90s style with ‘NSYNC, Britney, and the best and cheesiest music of the 1990s!

January 4, 2013, 4:18 pm

I TOTALLY wanted a 90s party to be our next venture! MCHAMMER?! NKOTB?!

January 4, 2013, 5:24 pm

Totally awesome outfits!!! Looks like a lot of fun. We were all sick and still getting over it. I’m hoping to kick some butt starting next week!!

January 4, 2013, 8:05 pm

Thanks Natalie! I hope you’re feeling better soon!

January 4, 2013, 5:42 pm

Great costumes looks like a fun night. We had munchies and played board games all night with the family.

January 4, 2013, 6:22 pm

Looks like so much fun!! you looked great!!!

January 4, 2013, 6:59 pm

The 80s party looks like so much fun! Even though I’ve been working out regularly, my true 2013 triathlon season training officially starts on Monday–ekkk! I’m excited and a bit nervous!

January 4, 2013, 7:31 pm

Omg is that 80s attire? It looks like what I wear on a daily basis. I must be stuck in the 80s! lol

January 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

That’s such a fun idea for a NYE party!

January 4, 2013, 10:16 pm

I love that you played TWISTER!!! Classic!!!! I freakin’ love that game! Looks like you had a blast! Cheers, Tara xo

January 5, 2013, 1:07 am

I love 80s parties!!! Your outfits looked fabulous!

January 5, 2013, 2:37 am

that looks just wonderful! i want to hang with you guys! ya’ll seriously look so fun all the time!!!! my nye was spent taking care of the sick nine month old. puke and all. poor bubba. thank god she’s all better now!!! we were up all night, but not in that kinda way ;o) love ya girl!! heeehee

January 5, 2013, 2:40 am