Weekly Workouts Roundup Wk of 12/31

A new year – with no new excuses! Time to keep doin’ work!

Yes, it is the start of a new year … and YES everyone should set goals and accomplish them in honor of the new year. I, HOWEVER, believe that nothing should change for the better if only temporarily. It takes 4-6 weeks to build a habit – PSA: If you’re gioing to make a resolution to workout you should keep doing it until it becomes habit! I didn’t make any resolutions that were any different as a result of it being a new year. I thought of this week as just a continuation of my training, another week to check on my plan to see what I’d be up against come Monday. I’m not knockin’ anyone who jumped at the chance to visit the gym this week to work off all of the holiday sweets and treats, I’d just like to see them in there past March 😉

End scene.

Feel free to grab a button and linkup any time this week with your Roundup!

Week of 12/31:

This past weekend I felt very sluggish and slow – due to the humidity? – but come Monday I was back at it! I had a wonderful tempo run Monday where I felt like my breathing was under control and I was very focused on being consistent with my cadence as well. I couldn’t believe I went from 10:00 pace this past weekend and was up to 8:55 on Monday. I knew that New Year’s Eve would be a fun one – which it was – but knew that I’d limit myself just a smidge since I knew I had a run planned in the morning. Being OCD really prevents drunken debauchery. Kris and I kicked off 2013 with a Tuesday morning run – which we normally don’t get to do because of out work schedules. I was going to start Crossfit this week but decided to wait until I can get in for the quick intro at the local box. Instead, I continued my WOD-style workouts at the gym to boost my strength training. Since this was my last week of speedwork before Disney weekend, I gave it all I had for 6 killer 800s. Many of my friends are running the Disney full, such as Kris, so this weekend’s runs were less about pressure and more about enjoying the calm before the storm. I had a cool 10 mile long run Saturday along with the same Sunday for 4 recovery miles.

The countdown (a.k.a. taper) begins now.

This also means I will be sleeping in this week 😉

How was your week in workouts?
Do you believe in resolutions?

January 6, 2013, 1:28 pm

Enjoy the taper–you earned it! I didn’t set “resolutions” this year (week?) because like you, Kat, I just saw it as an extension of my training; it’s just another week of getting after it. 🙂

January 6, 2013, 1:42 pm

Yep, with WDW marathon next week, Sunday was an easy 10 miler for me too. No resolutions for me, I’m just trying to get back on he track of healthy eating. I do hope to add more core to my weekly workouts.

January 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

I love resolutions! They’re usually things I want others to know I’m working on and they help me stick to a plan. I guess different stuff works for different people.

Yay for sleeping in this week, soak up that extra rest!

January 6, 2013, 3:01 pm

Yea that’s true, I just know less pressure means success!

January 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

Nice job this week! I did set goals, not resolutions.

January 6, 2013, 2:36 pm

Hi Kat! I am back on board with the weekly recap and link up! I hope you will stop by my blog and link up too!
    Cheers, Tara xo

January 6, 2013, 3:44 pm

I am not a big fan of resolutions either but I love checklists! I love the feeling of crossing something off the list when it is accomplished. I’m trying to stetch myself this year and goals are the best way for me to get stuff done! 🙂

January 6, 2013, 7:32 pm

You had a great training week, Kat! Yay for taper time. 🙂 And I’m catching up from yesterday, hope you figure out what to do with the allergy shots.

January 6, 2013, 8:27 pm

Yes! Yay for taper! You’ll kick butt for sure Laura!

January 6, 2013, 8:29 pm

What a great link up Kat! I’m going to join in every week now! So happy I found your blog yay xoxoxoxoxo

January 6, 2013, 10:54 pm

Thanks for dropping by! Glad to meet another awesome fit chick! 🙂

January 6, 2013, 8:45 pm

Way to keep on track Kat and I love the advice on NY resolutions. Totally true to make life changes or at least goals, not resolutions. WDW Half Marathon is a blast. You are going to have so much fun. I just got an email on Friday from an organization that gave me an entry so I am going to run it as well. I hope to see you at the finish line.

January 6, 2013, 10:54 pm

Thanks Brad, way to go at Ragnar! I hope to do it one day!

January 6, 2013, 8:50 pm

Awesome!

You and I are on the same wave length…re: ‘making it STICK’ 😉 (Tis’ not the first time!) lol We must be sisters…yes? 🙂

January 6, 2013, 10:54 pm

Indeed sister friend! Or at least cousins! 😉 xo

January 6, 2013, 11:27 pm

Humidity is the worst! I am thankful I only have yo deal with it in the summer! Great job on your runs! Good luck at your race!

January 7, 2013, 12:26 am

Another great week of workouts Kat!!!

January 7, 2013, 2:35 am

I love your Make Your Resolution stick image.
    Goals and Life Changes kick resolution butt.
    GoalGetter2013 🙂

January 7, 2013, 3:30 pm

Great advice! I’m definitely trying to stick to my NY goals! I even printed myself out a training plan for RnR, but I already deviated this past weekend thanks to an overzealous wedding party haha! BUT I am proud to say that I still got in my miles 🙂 Linking up tomorrow