Weekly Workouts Roundup for Wk 1: SBBC challenge

Yesterday Yelp helped us kick off another awesome weekend with a Dino-brunch for their Elite team at Lowry Park Zoo!

I even behaved and had veggies and fruits and gluten-free cider beer πŸ˜‰

It’s Weekly Workouts Roundup time too ya’ll! Please join Meghan and I each week as we tally up our weekly workouts – it can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

For the month of March, we’re partnering up with Amanda at Run to the Finish for

Spring Challenge

(FULL details on Run to the Finish’s challenge here)! We’rebe your official post to linkup with each week with your workouts!

CHALLENGE BASICS
  • Earn 1 point per 10 minutes of activity
  • Earn points for eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies (1 point daily)
  • Free group forum
  • Meet other like minded folks to help you stay on track.
  • Receive a half marathon training plan
  • Receive a basic strength training plan
  • Win prizes!!
Week of 3/4/2013

SBBC Wk 1 Points:
3/3Contest didn’t start yet – crosstraining for an hour = 0
3/445 min walk & crossfit class + 7+ veggies = 9
3/5 45 min walk + 7 fruits/veggies = 5
3/6Crossfit class + 2 mi run+ 30 mi walk + 8 fruits/veggies = 10
3/7 5 mi moderate run in 48 min + 8 fruits/veggies = 6
3/8rest day but did 30 min yoga + 8 fruits/veggies = 4
3/9 – long run of 10 miles + 1 hour zoo walk + 9 fruits/veggies = 16
Total weekly points: 49 points!
+ Sharing #bestboot posts & daily water intake!

It’s that easy ya’ll! Join in the challenge and tally your points on the group site!

Oh and I happened to stop at a local running store to see my bud a.k.a. Brooks Running Guru, Gus and he was with a special local guest: the Runners World Gear Guy (his name is Jeff.) He was actually running with my local run group but I skipped out on the hillier route for a safer, flatter bet with the pesky IT.

Hubs and I enjoyed chatting it up with them before grabbing lunch!

How was your week with workouts this week?
If you could be a dinosaur which one would you be?
If you could chat it up with the Runner’s World Gear Guy what would you ask him?

March 10, 2013, 1:10 pm

I’m a lapsed blogger, so I linked to my DailyMile profile – hope that’s all right.

March 10, 2013, 1:22 pm

Woohoo for a trip to the zoo! I don’t remember the last time I’ve been to *a* zoo. I should probably visit the one in Central Park (I think?) this spring. πŸ™‚

March 10, 2013, 4:28 pm

Haha it was a blast, the NY zoo is probably awesome especially the Bronx Zoo

March 10, 2013, 1:31 pm

Love that! How fun that you had a day at the zoo…I love the zoo! πŸ™‚ -Christine

March 10, 2013, 5:12 pm

Way to go on your workouts this week!

March 10, 2013, 5:13 pm

You did great on the SBBC challenge this week- 49 points is awesome! I wished that I had more time to participate in these fun challenges. Maybe someday I will!

I really wanted a drink or two or three last night, but I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 9pm. I forced myself to stay up that late. I was ready for bed at 7pm. Blah. Got in a good 12 + hours so I think I got my beauty sleep. πŸ™‚

March 10, 2013, 5:33 pm

Thanks my friend! Once these challenges are done and were in the start of May, and summer, this girl is taking a brizake

March 10, 2013, 5:41 pm

Great week in workouts! You are killing this New Englander with your shorts and tank – it’ll be MONTHS before I can wear that stuff! Ugh!

March 10, 2013, 6:59 pm

The zoo looks so fun! Great job on your week, you’re really racking up the points!

March 10, 2013, 9:17 pm

Love the points system! There’s something about the numbers that always makes me feel very accomplished when I do it.

I love that pic of you with the Brooks guys – you’re seriously in!

March 10, 2013, 9:46 pm

Haha I think they were looking for a little person to represent πŸ˜‰

March 11, 2013, 12:36 am

Awesome job, Kat! So excited that you found Crossfit! πŸ˜‰

March 11, 2013, 12:54 am

Your Yelp stuff sounds so fabulous (jealous) and your workouts look great.
    Now we just need you to send hot, tall running boys to me. Use the pictures as a distraction to kidnap them.

March 11, 2013, 2:23 am

I have to get going on the yelp stuff so I can join you all at these awesome events! So fun!

March 11, 2013, 4:46 am

Fun weekend!! I’m jealous you’re in shorts! haha πŸ™‚

March 11, 2013, 11:05 am

Great week! Crossfit is on my bucket list!

March 11, 2013, 11:31 am

Great week in workoutland, Kat!

March 11, 2013, 11:52 am

Great week! Jeff was super nice! I asked him about his thoughts on the Newtons/transitions. Very helpful. Sad I didn’t see your face this weekend, but definitely understand the IT awareness πŸ˜‰
    I spent the majority of the weekend fridge shopping – gah that ish is overwhelming!

March 11, 2013, 4:32 pm

Hi, stumbled upon your blog for the first time and I am impressed. Loved your writings.. Subscribed and looking forward to more interesting posts. Keep rocking. x

Thanks,
    Borntoworkout.com

March 11, 2013, 5:52 pm

Last week I did pretty good with workouts, 5 days of running 4 days of CrossFit. This week I started off right with a long run yesterday (Sunday) and hope to make it 6 days of running 5 days of CrossFit. If I could ask Gus any question it would probably be “What’s you number one tip to maintain proper form while running?”

March 12, 2013, 2:30 am

Thanks for hosting the link up! I had a horrible first week but I’m figuring it’s leaving me plenty of room for improvement in SBBC!