What’s In Your #FitnessCloset?

Some of my Fitfluential blends and I thought it’d be fun to I a themed post today around what workout gear is in our closet – linking up with my buddy Pavement Runner!

Luckily for me, we have a 2 bedroom with 2 closets, so hubby and I split all of our clothes into hers and his closets. It’s not just me who loves a LARGE variety of clothing! Hubs is a mega shopper himself!

In regards to workout footwear, it’s a pretty easy bet that I have tons of Brooks sneakers consuming resting comfortably in the safe confines of my closet.

Shirts: In my dresser drawers are mostly race shirts (over 30) and Brooks tops. I usually like support tanks and lack a lot of cold weather clothes. I don’t hang them….and wish everything was as wrinkle-free as dri-fit material 😉

Bottoms: I enjoy the occasional Capri when doing crossfit or when it’s cold. I usually stick with my favorite – skorts that have shorts on them. Depends on the mood, you know.

Sneakers: I’m a Brooks Pure Cadence addict. I am using 6 pairs currently in my rotation. I know, I have a problem. I track their mileage on a notepad so I have even mileage and can know when they’re ready to retire. Other than that I have a pair of Adrenalines I’m saving for marathon training and 2 pairs of Vibrams. I use those and my Pure Flows and Green Silence (also Brooks) for cross training and lifting.

Short and sweet today as we’re heading home today and I’m sad to leave the lovely city of Austin! We WILL be back!

I’m still recovering from my half Saturday at the Zooma run in Austin (Bastrop.) Boy, those hills took a toll on my legs…namely my right IT….but I couldn’t be happier with a sub 2 finish…solo this time! I’m still working on my recap that’ll be posted, for sure, this week!

So, tell me, what’s in your fitness closet?

March 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Fun post! I keep my fitness gear sectioned off in my closet–I have a total of three baskets one filled with shorts, t-shirts, socks, sports bras, etc, a second with cold-weather running gear, and a third with yoga apparel. Oh, and I also have another bag where I store all my biking gear. Needless to say, I have a lot of workout clothes! 🙂

March 25, 2013, 1:16 pm

lots of capris/long pants/tanks!! love fitness clothes! would live in them if i could!!

March 25, 2013, 1:19 pm

You are SO neat and organized! You should SEE my mess of a fitness drawer! 🙂

March 25, 2013, 1:33 pm

Tons of Oiselle!

March 25, 2013, 1:55 pm

You are definitely more organized in your workout clothes than I am! Hope the ITband feels better soon girl!

March 25, 2013, 2:04 pm

Yeah…I’m definitely not this organized. I don’t fold workout clothes. I throw them into a drawer…it’s a mess.

March 25, 2013, 2:16 pm

My fitness closet has tripled in size the past year… it definitely rivals my regular closet. I *MAY* have to take over the dresser in the guest bedroom soon! Every few months I go through and reorganize it and refold everything. I’m glad that drifit folds up tiny and is super easy to cram a whole lot into one drawer!

March 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

hey Katrina…. look at me keeping up with.you early in the week ….this never happens … funny that this.is the topic I actually did.closet spring cleaning this weekend and reduce the amount of unused workout clothes I have …I’ve decided if its not drifit or yoga capris or any type of sorts it needed to go …so now instead of 2 overflowing drawers u have 2 nice neat and comfortable drawers (which just means I need more workout clothes ;)….hopefully my honey will jump on the bandwagon …he has 3 overflowing drawers …looking to get bins for our closet to keep all excercise items centralized …. I wish I had my own closet ….sigh!

March 25, 2013, 2:30 pm

Can you come organize my closet?! lol

March 25, 2013, 2:51 pm

I have so many clothes, its insane. I converted one of our spare bedrooms into a walk in closet 🙂

March 25, 2013, 3:36 pm

capris, fitted shorts and tanks take up the majority of my fitness gear! and tons of different colored sports bras! haha. but my new obsession are jackets!

March 25, 2013, 3:52 pm

super tidy

March 25, 2013, 3:55 pm

My fitness closet contains a lot more than I thought it did!! It’s actually two drawers and then part of a closet. Yikes! Apparently I own 12 pairs of capris. Oopsy!

March 25, 2013, 4:10 pm

I love themed posts. It’s funny how little things like what you have in your fitness closet actually speaks volumes about a person. I am not as organized as you are. I have a drawer full of sports bras and I usually just throw a tank over it with a pair of running shorts. I love comfortable clothes to work out in and often just buy items at random but I’ve never bought workout clothes for a certain occasion, probably since I have a hard time getting into anything specific and go in between running outdoors, treadmill at the gym, walking, yoga and aerobics.

March 25, 2013, 4:13 pm

your drawer is all nice and neat! My shirts are crammed into mine lol!

March 25, 2013, 4:33 pm

Most of my closet is fitness clothes and a whole drawer in my dresser, lol

March 25, 2013, 4:48 pm

6 pairs of the same shoe? wow. That is LOYALTY. The most I have had of one shoe in rotation is 3. That’s about as high as I’ll go with the same shoe. Luckily, they stay consistent and I can always pick up last season’s when they go on sale.

I see a yellow donald in your drawer!

March 25, 2013, 5:16 pm

Yes! I’m so happy to be a part of the Brooks ID team this year – fanatical! Yep, that’s THE Donald from January’s WDW half 🙂

March 25, 2013, 5:28 pm

Woot! Congrats on your half PR!!! Awesome. And I think Brooks should be paying you for all that loyalty!

May pick your brain on Austin–I leave Friday!

March 26, 2013, 4:14 am

My “almost” PR 😉 So glad to be part of the Brooks ID team this year! I think well be back to atx maybe moving one day!

March 25, 2013, 5:36 pm

Your closet is so neat! I couldn’t show mine – clothes everywhere! LOL!

And congrats on your PR – can’t wait to hear about that ZOOMA race 🙂

March 25, 2013, 5:42 pm

I’m excited to read your full recap, you rocked it! But I hear you- those hills took a toll on my legs last year, too.

March 25, 2013, 7:37 pm

I wish I had the room you have! I’m working on my stash, it’s building, I think I’m always waiting on the mail to deliver more! right now I have some shorts and a couple running tanks on the way. I’m resisting more brooks as well! I have 2 pair of PureFlow and 1 Cadence. That’s some dedication rotating them and noting mileage! *bowdown*

March 25, 2013, 8:49 pm

Lots of tank tops!

March 25, 2013, 10:27 pm

Ive taken over 3/4 of mine and Brandons closet… one whole rack is now workout tops bottoms and race shirts which has pushed my other clothes to both closets in both spare rooms lol..Brandon says he is gonna start throwing stuff out little by little so i wont notice.. i will! Love my new Champion skort .. the skorts are def startin to grow on me. Capris when its not 95 degrees… love them cuz they dont ride up! Ive gota mix of tanks and dry fit short sleeves/long sleeves but will def be breaking out more tanks now that its warming up. Is it bad when i go shopping i dont even go to the “regular clothes” section anymore lol. And when i do i force myself and i never find anything.. my shoe collection is maybe half of urs..if that 😉 ps. Awesome race! I missed u!

March 25, 2013, 10:43 pm

I love reading these “what’s in your closet” posts. Isn’t weird I am curious to see what your typical workout closet is like. I am happy to know I am not alone with having too much workout clothes. Hubby is complaining but what can we do. Girls need too look cute too when working out. LOL! 🙂

March 25, 2013, 10:59 pm

LOVE all this fun stuff I am reading & you have some cool things!!! Everyone is way more organized than I am!!! 🙂

March 25, 2013, 11:44 pm

what a great topic!! i usually get most of my fitness gear (tops, shorts, and leggins) from target or old navy. i am a cheapo, but i really love them! i am not a big yoga pant person or capri person. i like leggins or shorts best!! oh, and im a headband freak of course. can’t stand the hair gettin’ loose! hahaha! safe travels home, love! xo

March 26, 2013, 12:32 am

My closet is so small so most of my clothes are crammed onto shelves. I seem to be accumulating more and more fitness clothes very year because I buy more and get it at races, but yet never get rid of any of it.

March 26, 2013, 2:20 am

Your drawer is so neat… you are my organizing idol, lol! I need to get organized, maybe this weekend! I took all of my stuff out this morning for my post and was surprised at what I had, and what I want more of!

March 26, 2013, 2:29 am

I spy a zooma T! I wish I had hers and his closets haha

March 26, 2013, 11:30 am

You would be proud-just bought my second pair of Pure Flows 🙂

March 26, 2013, 5:59 pm

Love this post, and that you and the hubs have separate closets. Manfriend and I have two closets in the one bedroom (I don’t know how we scored that but I’m not complaining) so my fitness gear can comfortably take up 90% of my closet without worrying about sharing!

March 26, 2013, 8:10 pm

I use an app on my phone to keep track of the miles on my shoes. It’s called runner’s log. Really easy to use!

March 26, 2013, 11:17 pm

I think I’m going to move into your fitness closet. What size shoe do you wear? 😉

March 27, 2013, 3:22 pm

Wow, you are so organized! To be honest, my fitness clothing are hardly ever folded. I am a huge freak about keeping my clothes wrinkle-free and folded, but when it comes to by fitness gear I don’t have to worry about that because they don’t wrinkle! I have a small, separate drawer with my sports bras, but the rest is all in one drawer. I have a collection of yoga capris, spandex shorts, and Dri Fit tees (in all different colors).

March 31, 2013, 5:49 pm

I enjoy the occasional Capri when doing crossfit or when it’s cold. I usually stick with my favorite – skorts that Workout Clothing have shorts on them. Depends on the mood, you know.

November 5, 2014, 3:17 am