#GoalGetter2013 Update: March!

For Motivational Monday I thought I’d recap my March Update for #GoalGetter2013!

(See original post HERE for complete details and a list of the fabulous ladies I’m partnering with for our year of KICKING MAJOR BUTT)

I can’t believe we’re at the start of 2nd quarter! Ah! I sound like I’m at work! LOL

Personal Goals for 2013
1. Stop saying “no” so much to hubby. I have to say that we had a great vacation that helped me chillax a bit more and do better with this … at least I think so 😉
2. Purchase my CPT kit to certify by Summer 2013 – I have been reading a ton and plan to tinker around with the practice exam soon! Eek!
3. Continue our 15 hours a week (at least) commitment for hubby/wife QT – Always a priority!
4. Pay off the rest of our debt – work in progress5. Read my bible, continue to, daily – I get updates from my Daily Bible app, gets it done daily!
6. Do random acts of kindness spontaneously – Continuing to be aware of doing this!

Us circa 2011 engagement photo shoot – he be checkin’ me out

Fitness Goals for 2013
1. Continue my 6 in 6 months goal through April – The last one is coming up on 4/28, #5 was done on 3/23!
2. Start crossfit to increase strength – I tried out box #2, but due to cost have decided to do my own WODs at the gym
3. Ride my bike more – the stationary bike is a start…
4. Run with hubs as he rehabs his ankle, sign him up for a race – He’s signed up for Miles for Moffit (5k) & the Dumbo Double dare 10k in Aug & has been doing my shorter runs with me!
5. Train for & safely run my first full Marathon – this will begin in the summer, I’m already looking at some changes for my plan
6. Make yoga my friend again and do it regularly – this has happened at least once a week!

Things I’m looking forward to in 2013
1. 4 Disney Races! – the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare is next, just booked out flights to Cali!
2. Runcations: Austin, Myrtle Beach,Washington D.C., Disneyland in California, Las Vegas too! – Myrtle Beach is next month!
3. FitBloggin 2013 in Portland in June – Yay! I’m so excited to learn and workout and hang out with a bunch of blends IRL!
4. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary in May – Booked!
5. Doing my first Full Mary, hopefully, at MCM!See my button up in the top right hand corner? That’s my fundraising button where you can read up about my journey to my first half marathon and how I’m now working towards the MARINE CORP MARATHON on OCT 27th this year!! I wrote a post discussing how to see when running is too much or how much running IS too much running. I’m excited for some adjustments – pretty significant ones – that will be coming for my marathon training in July!

Always fun to get out and moving – even for a little mini golf!

Time to post your #GoalGetter2013 photos to Instagram!
Feel free to grab a button on my right sidebar to represent!

How have you been doing with your 2013 goals, give me an update!
ALL progress is MUY BUENO!

April 1, 2013, 11:58 am

I love all your goals. You are doing amazing with your running and I know you’ll rock that marathon!

April 1, 2013, 11:58 am

IM SOOO ROCKING MY GOAL
    looking forward–not constantly checking the rearvew 🙂

April 1, 2013, 12:10 pm

So awesome!! love following your 6 in 6!! You got this!!

April 1, 2013, 12:22 pm

You have huge goals this year, yet you seem to be taking them in stride and conquering them. My big goal is to go sub 2 in a half. This year has been tough with the passing of my Dad, so training has been not quite normal. I got close last month with a 2:02.05 a PR, but not quite there yet.

April 1, 2013, 12:55 pm

Loving my goal(s) 🙂

Great job with yours girlie!!! xo

April 1, 2013, 12:59 pm

Great job girl!!!! You are ROCKIN’ those goals!!!!

April 1, 2013, 1:17 pm

As always you are rocking your goals. Great job chica! I am doing pretty good with mine, at least I think I am. I will check in with them at the end of April.

I am so excited for my racecation that starts on Thursday. I essentially packed yesterday. Yep, not excited or anything. 🙂

April 1, 2013, 1:57 pm

Thanks Tasha! You’re doing a fantastic job, whatchu talkin’ bout Willis 😉 Racecations are SO FUN! Enjoy it for sure!

April 1, 2013, 1:56 pm

Gorgeous pic! Love the hubby look 😉

You’re doing awesome, Kat!

April 1, 2013, 1:58 pm

I love your goals, and you’re rocking them! The quality time goal is great and so important!

April 1, 2013, 2:41 pm

I like the pics in this post 🙂 You’re doing fantastic with 2013 goals – QT is something that I need to pay more attention to. Lately I’ve been taking the weekends to go zero social media. I totally feel ya on the itty bitty running break come May/June. Need to finish my recap for March too 🙂

April 1, 2013, 4:21 pm

Thanks 🙂 I try to shut SM down completely but feel like I have more catching up to do when I get back at it – I usually take advantage when hubs is catchingup on sports

April 1, 2013, 4:17 pm

Your goals for this year are amazing. Of course you are sticking to your goals and mastering them! You’re an inspiration. My goals are coming along. It’s taking a little bit longer than I thought but i’m not giving up! I took a few Yoga classes but haven’t been sticking to it, so that’s something I am going to work on!

April 1, 2013, 4:59 pm

Great goals! I’ve been doing pretty good this year. I need to really focus on my eating habits.

April 1, 2013, 5:17 pm

So funny that you call it a quarter. Obvs in the work world today is Q2 and this morning I found myself thinking, “I need to look at my weight loss journey as a business plan” as absolutely boring as that sounds to me! But then you just used the same term and I totally think that’s how I have to look at it for me. Have a great week!

April 1, 2013, 5:27 pm

Great job! I’ve been up and down this year with my goals which isn’t ideal, but I just moved home to Massachusetts and my mom is really dedicated to her health so hopefully that will help me really stick to it. Its always so easy to be optimistic on the first of the month!

April 1, 2013, 5:28 pm

WHEN WHEN WHEN are you coming to CALI?!?!?!?

April 1, 2013, 7:00 pm

UM HELLO! When I do the DUMBO DOUBLE DARE! Labor Day weekend girl – we’re trying to have a big FFA meetup, you’re SO in! 😉

April 1, 2013, 6:03 pm

You are amazing! I wish I was doing better with my resolutions, but this semester I decided to take 20 credits along with an internship and two part time jobs so I haven’t had the time. Hopefully towards the summer I’ll finally have the free time to start working on my goals!

April 1, 2013, 7:02 pm

That’s a TON for you to balance, don’t be too hard on yourself – getting those things things done themselves IS accomplishing goals! 😉

April 1, 2013, 8:28 pm

amazing goals lady! love the engagement pic as well i think we are getting ours done in may, we’ve been waiting for the nice weather to arrive! i want to do yoga once a week too, it just never seems to happen i really need to get on that!

April 1, 2013, 10:54 pm

You are killing it when it comes to accomplishing goals. Way to Go!

April 2, 2013, 1:09 am

You have quite the year coming up!! So jealous of all of the run-cations 🙂 Actually, I’m just jealous of all of the running!

I LOVE that picture of you – so pretty!

Keep up the good work and go get those goals 🙂

April 2, 2013, 1:24 am

You are rocking your goals! Great job!

April 2, 2013, 1:31 am

Such a great year of runcations!! Have a blast! 🙂

April 2, 2013, 2:13 am

Ooh, yes, I need to make yoga my friend again, too. And you have so many exciting things coming up!

April 2, 2013, 2:22 am

So many great goals and your runcations sound amazing. I cannot believe number 6 is this month.
    Also cannot believe you are gonna be 90 minutes from me and it is the weekend I am in Nashville.

April 2, 2013, 11:12 am

Sounds like you’re doing a great job of meeting your goals, friend! If I lived in Florida, then I’d ride with you all the time. 🙂

April 2, 2013, 11:35 am

Way to go with all of your goals, Kat!! I love the 15 hour goal with the hubby! QT is such an important aspect with maintaining a healthy relationship. <3

April 2, 2013, 1:00 pm

Loving the #goalgetter update! Cheers, Tara xo

April 2, 2013, 3:42 pm

Great post! I too prefer doing WOD at my home gym. I just can’t afford the cost of a box as much as I want to go to one. With taxes and insurance increased, and all other things going up, I’m loving paycheck to paycheck and hate it. 🙁

Who are you getting your CPT through?

Congrats on your progress! 🙂

April 2, 2013, 5:53 pm

This year is shaping up to being a good one. Way to get at those goals!

April 2, 2013, 7:22 pm

It just dawned on me yesterday Kat that I have not been very good with my goals and updating so, April is a fresh start!
    Went through and set my goals for this month and going to clean up my goal page too!
    Love the Q2 comment! Ha! Great job at the goals and what race are you doing in DC? Im headed to the Nike Womens Half end of this month!

April 2, 2013, 10:32 pm

You are ROCKING!!!!!! Life is one big goal to me right now.. taking it a step at a time! 🙂

April 3, 2013, 12:32 am

what a great list of goals; i especially liked the one about you getting into yoga again. i do yoga as part of my active recovery and it helps me stay flexible and prevent injury. this month i start sprint training now that the weather is warmer 🙂