#OnAQuest for clean eats!

2013 is gearing up to be the year where I clean up my diet even more and, for those who follow me regularly, this has included me working to be more gluten friendly (not completely gluten free, but almost!) with complex carbs and healthy proteins to boot!
Quest protein bars have become my new recent discovery helping me achieve this goal!
(And you guys know how I normally only rant and rave about stuff I really dig!)

Disclaimer: I was offered Quest nutrition bars to sample and review through Fitfluential LLC. Beforehand, I’d purchased tried them and loved them on my own – all opinions are my own. I am being compensated for this post.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not allergic to gluten. I’ve just made a conscious decision to monitor the amount of it that I eat in order to me to ingest more complex carbs that are better for my system overall!
Quest bars have:
NO Sugar Alcohols (original line), NO Sugar used, NO artificial sweeteners (all natural line), NO junk ingredients, NO glycerin, NO soy protein, only 4-6 grams of non-fiber carbs
Via Quest:
We do all of the work for you. All you have to do is open the wrapper and chew!*

*Team Quest also recommends that you swallow after chewing.

Ha! Love it!
Studying for my exam, I’ve learned a bunch more about nutrition. Dietary fiber is a term I know very well now – fiber that is non-soluble and not absorbed into the body. (Use your best guess to figure out what it’s for 😉 Each bar I’ve eaten has had around 17 grams of dietary fiber in them!

I was able to try their ‘sweets’ line, Cravings, as well as their large selection of protein bars (flavors including apple pie, chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond, strawberry cheesecake, and chocolate brownie.) I loved everything I tried! I even shared my stash with co-workers who were around when I was snacking and my running partner, Kris and EVERYONE loved the taste of Quest bars! They have been my go-to meeting snack at work too!
You can get creative with them too!
I’ve heated a few of the flavors (mmm cinnamon roll & cookie dough) in the microwave about 10-15 seconds and added peanut butter and banana to the top or just had it warmed up to shake things up!

I’ve been able to find these online at QuestNutrition.com as well as at Vitamin Shoppe and GNC!
Have you tried these gems?
What do you look for in healthy, ‘clean’ sweet treats?

May 8, 2013, 10:46 am

My trainer gave me one of these to try, the cinnamon roll flavor. Guess I will try it after my run today!

May 8, 2013, 11:03 am

I have not tried them, but they look tempting b/c it sounds like they really are only packed with healthy ingredients!

May 8, 2013, 11:26 am

I freaking love quest bars and seriously eat one a day. I used to think cookie dough and pb supreme were my favorites, but suddenly I have taken an extra strong liking to the apple pie one! who knew?! LOL. I just love the stats on them.. almost seriously is too good to be true!

May 8, 2013, 11:39 am

yes yes yes, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Have you tried the pb and jelly one yet? So good. Glad you are trying to limit gluten too. 😉

May 8, 2013, 1:26 pm

trying! Beer is my weakness, but it’s a work in progress 😉 I haven’t made it to pbj yet! It’s still on my list! xo

May 8, 2013, 11:50 am

I’m so glad that you found quest bars and love them. I for some reason didn’t love them as much and really wish that I did; they seem to healthy and good for you. I still do want to try the peanut butter cups.

May 8, 2013, 12:24 pm

Oh you already know i love them!! I will find those cookie dough even if i have to order in bulk lol. The peanut butter cups were delicious too! So glad u introduced me to these:)

May 8, 2013, 12:50 pm

I did my review today too! I love the clean ingredients. I think I liked the cookie dough & choc brownie best right out of the package. Heated, most taste great! 🙂

May 8, 2013, 1:16 pm

I always say I am going to clean up my diet, but then I never do. I blame marathon training for that one. Good excuse, right????!!!

May 8, 2013, 1:25 pm

Now that I’m working at a running store, it’s tough to take a real meal break, so I’ll definitely keep these in mind!

May 8, 2013, 1:48 pm

No I haven’t but totally wanna!

May 8, 2013, 2:23 pm

They look so tasty! Can’t wait to try one myself!

May 8, 2013, 2:52 pm

Ooo! I’d love to try these. They sound awesome, and I love the idea of warming up the cookie dough flavor. Yum!

May 8, 2013, 4:00 pm

Never had these before because they’re whey and I cannot do dairy… But when people ask me what types of on-the-go bars they should be eating, I always recommend these because (well, they look delicious, lol) are very high in fiber, have next to no sugar and are very high protein as well. I just wish they were made with egg protein or pea protein, then I would be ALL OVER THESE!! Maybe I should write QUEST an email! 😉

May 8, 2013, 4:45 pm

I need to get some of these. They look freaking delicious!!

May 8, 2013, 5:03 pm

Love quest bars …and Lara Bars. They are my top two favorites! 🙂

May 8, 2013, 6:18 pm

My downfall is sweets. I need to try incorporating more things like these bars to satisfy my sweet tooth. Where can I find these?

May 8, 2013, 6:30 pm

I’ve heard sooo much about these, and was so excited to receive 2 of them in the mail. I heated them up in the microwave for 15 seconds too, put almond butter on top- OMG. They’re amazing!!

May 8, 2013, 6:42 pm

These look like good snacks to have on hand when a sweet-craving hits. I love when healthy food is disguised in delicious flavors! I bet they’re awesome heated in the microwave.

May 8, 2013, 10:20 pm

I’ll have to check these out! I like Larabars, but recently I’ve been too lazy to replenish my supply, and I’ve been eating raisins on long runs. Not bad, but boring….

May 8, 2013, 10:43 pm

A lot of those bars have tons of chemicals and preservatives in them! Ghese bars seem pretty clean! Cool!

May 8, 2013, 11:12 pm

I still haven’t tried Quest bars yet, but am going to! Lately I’ve been making my own Larabars, but I don’t think they’re 100% sugar free! (since I put peanut butter or other things in them) Pending my celiac test I may have to adopt the gluten free lifestyle as well – or at least as close as I can!

May 8, 2013, 11:55 pm

I REALLY want to try these!!!

May 9, 2013, 12:46 am

I sooo want to try these!!!

May 9, 2013, 1:03 am

So jealous you got a case free. I saw all the other FFAs Instagramming away and I had to try so I bough a case. I really enjoy the cookie dough, brownie, and cinnamon roll for on the go snacking w/protein to keep me full. LOVE those flavors and will probably buy them on a regular basis. the other flavors I can do without.

May 9, 2013, 1:03 am

Your post is so timely, my trainer JUST pulled one of these out at the gym tonight to show me. I hadn’t heard of them before, but was so excited to see the nutritional values – high protein, and its not soy! I’m going to have to try them for sure.

May 9, 2013, 9:24 am

I’ve been holding back on trying these Quest bars since I don’t have any problem with gluten. You’ve convinced me to give ’em a try.

May 9, 2013, 11:10 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I must be losing my mind. I thought I commented on this yesterday but apparently I’m imagining things. Anyways…. I need to find these bars. I have been looking for clean protein bars but haven’t had any luck, 🙁