Taking it to Savannah – Fitbloggin 2014
When staying in an AMAZING city there’s nothing better than being with a ton of AMAZING people!
I’ve already recapped my Fitbloggin/Portland experience with these posts:
Now let me recap my time with the PEOPLE I was sad to leave!
First and foremost – this woman was the one who [along with her fearless crew] put on an awesome Fitbloggin conference and all-the-while grinning and smiling for all to love!
THANKS RONI, WE HEART YOU!
The sessions I attended –
* Writing the Perfect Pitch – Kymberly Williams-Evans, Alexandra Williams, Jamie Walker,Margo Donohue
– How to pitch professionally to brands using proper grammar and writing skills along with the right approach. Great tips on proper writing reminders and ways to seek brands appropriately
Jamie & Margo
*How to Create a Media Kit that Showcases Your Brand and Gets Companies Knocking on Your Door – Erica House, Shannyn Allan, and Annabel Adams
– How to put together a media kit to help you network and branch out to brands who you want to work with. These ladies rocked their presentation and got a lot of great feedback from other bloggers who are now reaching out to brands they hadn’t before!
* I met Tenley Molzahn, a local Oregonian, from the Bachelor who is also a gluten free cook and blogger herself at the Soy Joy panel she conducted. What. a. Sweetheart! She’s such a nice person and chatted with everyone – yay Tenley! She gave tips on how she eats clean, especially on the go and answered some other questions about planning and organizing.
The nightly events –
* Opening Reception / Badge-making party with team builder – where we all met up for the first time!
* Ignite Speakers + yogurt night + karaoke: These were great 5 minute speeches where each speaker had pre-planned slides change every 15 seconds on a topic of their choice.
This guy made me laugh at the Ignite presentations as he spoke whilst having a baby inside of a baby backpack as night attire.
This lady also cracked me up with her Ignite presentation with her collection of memes
* Closing reception (a.k.a. Club Fitbloggin)
Erica, Katrina, and I at the closing reception
You can find us in the club.
* My best takeaway of the weekend – My homies *
How many of us can we squeeze into a pic on the way to the food trucks??
My twin and I finally meet. And drip sweat in a trampoline workout 🙂
Gettin’ diva gangsta with our Free Hugs headbands! Represent!
I was mesmerized by Carla‘s pack-pack
Erica rocked the fashion show!
Martinus is a model on the side
Katrina is not only my name twin, but an awesome Oregonian 😉
My soul sistah, Dani, we dig the brewskies like none other
I had the BEST roommate and miss her bunches already!
A JAM-PACKED weekend of social media, friendships made, laughs chuckled, hugs shared, and memories etched in my brain forever!
Biggest lesson: Enjoy the people, take it all in, and get out of your comfort zone!
(Oh, and bring a checked bag for all of the SWAG!)
What I loved:
*Sweatpink girls: they were all over the place! Jamie, Becky, and Alyse were hanging out with us, speaking in sessions, leading fitness classes, their engagement was spectacular!
*The hotel: fancy schmancy pants!
*The things to do: So many sessions to choose from and people to get to know and hang out with!
*Meeting people I’ve been talking to forever in real life: self explanatory
*The ability to be myself: I really loved that we all came together, being ourselves, and there was no judgement, it was definitely evident by the smiles from wall to wall of the hotel!
What might be made better:
*Shorter sessions with less overlap
* Reviewing sessions beforehand for content – possibly having the multiple presenters work on one presentation instead of smooshing a few together that are similar
All-in-all I loved my days in Portland and am forever grateful for the people I’ve met and gotten to know – I definitely want to go back next year and HOPE that it’ll be in AUSTIN!