Weekly Workouts Roundup – Marathon Training Wk 11!

5 weeks until the big day?! Say What?!
Link up with Meghan & I as we recap our workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup!
It can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

Week of 9/8/2013
9/8- 6 mile easy/recovery run
9/9- Arms cardio circuit (Chest/Tris/Back/Light legs/Core) 1 hour
9/10- 8 miles, 6 at tempo/RP

9/11- arms (Shoulders/Bis) kb/db circuit 1 hour
9/12 – 6 easy miles (swapping with Sunday’s plan since going away for Fri/Sat night)

9/13- 15 mile long run
9/14 –Rest day (shew, I needed the pool!)
35 total miles + circuit training
A semi-cut-back-week, it was a little tough getting in this week’s runs with swapping around my days. Since I was going away for a friend’s bachelorette weekend, I wanted to knock out my run beforehand on Friday morning. After a consult with coach, I was able to swap Sunday with Thursday and Saturday’s long run for Friday’s rest day. Ah, the pool – that was my motivation! The weather’s been a tad cooler, but the humidity is still lingering – my breathing has been tough this week, but I am trying to let it adjust and worry about the mileage and pace only when it matters.

I will say that I am at the point where I am tired ALL of the time. I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night – and hit the hay early on nights before long runs to save my energy. These cut back weeks between 20 milers help a lot but I want to be sure I don’t lose focus on strength training and core training – I’ve got to stay strong!

I shoved a bunch of miles in so that I could celebrate and enjoy the weekend for sure!! Work hard and play HARD!

3 weeks until she’s married!

The winner of the KIND BAR Nuts & Spices sample pack is

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Congrats Victoria!

How was your week in workouts?!
Anyone else tired ALL of the time while marathon training?

September 15, 2013, 5:07 pm

Great job Kat! I can’t believe you only have 5 more weeks until MCM!!! Yes I remember being so tired during marathon training. Just keep trying to get your rest…you’re expecting great things from your body and it needs rest. Looks like the bachelorette party was fun!!!

September 15, 2013, 5:34 pm

5 weeks?! How exciting! Yes- marathon training takes so much out of you. I found that my first marathon training cycle was the worst- I was completely spent after my long runs, the rest of the day was ruined! But it gets better and your body adjusts. This time around, I still need a nap after the 20, but then feel great for the rest of the day.

September 15, 2013, 6:01 pm

Tired. All. The. Time. And wow cant believe its only 5 weeks away! Ur gonna do great! U have trained hard but smart and have been dedicated throughout! Cant wait for u to experience the marathon itself! Its kinda like the celebration of allll ur training:)

Kristen S.

September 15, 2013, 7:07 pm

Way to get the miles in! I am freaking exhausted all the time. I can’t seem to get enough sleep either. When I go to bed early, I wake up wide awake in the middle of the night.

September 15, 2013, 7:18 pm

Great job this week! I haven’t started my marathon training yet but excited and scared at the same time! I like your motto, work hard and play hard 😉

September 15, 2013, 7:36 pm

Amazing how you manage to get in your miles no matter what is on your calendar. I bet the bachelorette party was fun!

September 15, 2013, 10:15 pm

Great job with the training Kate!!! 5 weeks to go! Yahoo!

September 15, 2013, 10:41 pm

That’s nice that you get to run first before the bachelorette party!
    Go go go! Good luck on your race. It’s getting closer! 🙂

September 16, 2013, 12:09 am

I love that you train and have fun! You are the best! Keep kickin it girl!

September 16, 2013, 12:59 am

I understand hat feeling. I too am at the point where I am tired (and sore) all the time.

September 16, 2013, 1:52 am

Nice job moving all your runs around to still get them all in. Definitely commitment! And I feel you on that always tired thing. I’ve gotten so good at sleeping. I used to go to bed way too late, but now I just can’t. Tim said he feels like I’m an old lady the other day as a joke. I’ll take it!

September 16, 2013, 1:31 pm

Wow, time is flying! I’m enjoying following your training. It’s going so well and I’m sure you’re going to have a great race. 🙂 As for the fatigue – I’m a little on the tired side during half training! I’ll probably be a zombie when I attempt the full 26.2. Haha!

September 17, 2013, 1:54 pm

Yes, I’m tired during my marathon training too! And hungry. I had forgotten about all that. Sounds like your training is going well — my marathon is on October 12 so I’m about a week ahead of you. Sometimes I take a nap in my car during lunchtime LOL.

January 27, 2014, 9:39 pm

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right.

This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I
    had spent for this information! Thanks!

My web site Splendyr Instant Wrinkle Reducer