Weekly Workouts Roundup – Marathon Training Wk 12 Vlog Update

I may have had my weeks messed up from the last post – so, My Bad!
Link up with Meghan & I as we recap our workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup!
It can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also! Good luck to Meghan today as she does the  Irongirl Clermont Sprint Tri!

Week of 9/22/2013
9/22- 20 mile long run
9/23- Arms cardio circuit (Chest/Tris/Back/Light legs/Core) 1 hour
9/24- 9 miles, 6 at tempo pace

9/25- arms (Shoulders/Bis) kb/db circuit 1 hour
9/26 – 8.5 easy miles (including intervals at the end)

9/27- rest day
9/28 –16 mile long run (11-16 tempo ish)
53.5 total miles + circuit training
Another “in-between-the-20-milers” week this week. With me doing my last 20 on Sunday, I skipped a recovery run on Sunday and continued with the rest of my ‘normal’ training routine. The legs are feeling pretty tired, so I haven’t been doing much weigh training with them. Here’s an  update Vlog I did on Friday! >>

I posted on Instagram yesterday that I’ve had some tummy issues – I honestly think they link to “that time of the month” – sorry guys but it’s the truth πŸ˜‰ So, I’m VERY nervous that it’ll come around again…just in time for Marine Corps Marathon. I’m hoping and praying that it’s not as bad as this month’s was, as it affected 2 long runs, but know that no matter what happens I’ll just give it my all the best that I can!

How was your week in workouts?
Ever have these lovely lady issues affect your running?

September 29, 2013, 12:59 pm

Great job with your training Kat! Boo on the lady issues! Fortunately I don’t have a period right now because I have an IUD. So it doesn’t affect my running. But I can definitely see how it could. Hopefully your schedule will not be during MCM!

September 29, 2013, 1:05 pm

SO excited for you! I ran MCM last year and it was the best! SO inspiring and SO much to look at. You will be great! Do not doubt yourself. I’m living vicariously thru you this year!

September 29, 2013, 1:36 pm

You know you are my hero! πŸ™‚

September 29, 2013, 2:41 pm

Such solid training- nice work!! I know the feeling with stomach- I had two runs this cycle so far where I HAD to find a bathroom and that’s never happened to me before. But worrying won’t help anything. Fingers crossed that you”ll be feeling great on race day!

September 29, 2013, 3:05 pm

Wait, two long runs and 30 days left?! Holy cow, this is so exciting! During my long run (long for me, not for you ;)) last week, I had some stomach issues, which I think stemmed from dehydration. And my stomach wasn’t too happy for the rest of the day. Things get wonky for me during that time of the month as well. πŸ˜‰ Keep up the good work!

September 29, 2013, 5:34 pm

I can’t believe you are all just 4 weeks from your race. You are ready and hopefully the stomach issues are just a passing thing.

September 29, 2013, 5:46 pm

We can only do the best we can with what we have & you are doing that – hang tough! πŸ™‚

September 29, 2013, 6:51 pm

Not a great week workout-wise but that’s ok. I’m ready to start a new week. It’s almost taper time!!

September 29, 2013, 7:04 pm

You are amazing, Kat! You’re going to rock MCM!

September 30, 2013, 1:40 am

oh the lady issues. not fun, but sometimes i think it fuels the fire with the run, right? LOL

September 30, 2013, 2:13 am

I feel ya on the “time of the month” issues. I actually had to experience ANOTHER Ragnar Relay during my time on the month. That’s another issue all in itself. You’re doing great though. Keep it up!!

September 30, 2013, 2:50 am

KAT VLOGS!!! YAY!!!!!! I am loving it! πŸ™‚ Now you need to be a guest on my show. And PS: I am OBSESSED with your DUMBO T-Shirt. I think if you wear that puppy when you run your marathon you will WHOOP ASS!

Not going to lie, you already WON this marathon in my mind. You’re ALWAYS running! I cannot run even a 1/2 a minute. LOL. I ELLIPTICAL. AHHH HA HA HA!

September 30, 2013, 11:44 am

Haha, that’d be epic girlie! Thanks a bunch, I feel the same – but have to remember to finish this journey haha

September 30, 2013, 3:14 am

Loved seeing you on video!!
    Hoping you have a race with no girly issues. I’ve had one where that was there, but only really hit hard afterwards when I was very crampy and sick feeling.
    Looks like some solid workouts for you this week! Nicely done πŸ™‚

September 30, 2013, 10:00 am

Sorry to hear about your tummy issues. I’ve been there, but I’ve also had really great long runs during that time…which shocked me at the time!

September 30, 2013, 12:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the tummy issues, Kat. Guys have it so much easier! They don’t have a lovely visitor once a month that impacts their running! I’m not looking forward to running a 10k in two weeks when I know I’ll have to battle similar issues while on the course. πŸ™

September 30, 2013, 8:01 pm

I also loved seeing you on the vlog!! Yay! I’m praying for you that you keep that smile on your face! Hopefully those “visitor tummy issues” don’t come back so severe next time. Stay confident!