We’re Going, Going, Back to, Back to, Austin!

Earlier this year, G & I visited Austin (his first time there, my second) and enjoyed a week with family throughout the city I love so much! (You can check out those posts HERE)

We’ve set our sights on hoping to one day live in Austin, but want to do it when the times is right and we have all of our ducks in a row!

So, in the meantime, we’ll visit .. repeatedly 😉

I’m happy to say that we’re already planning a 2014 trip there next April AND we’ll be able to do a race I’ve had my eye on since it’s inaugural year: The Austin 10/20!

A 10 mile race with 20 bands and stages, it encompasses what being in Austin is ALL about – the LIVE music capital of the World!

I can’t WAIT until the 2014 medals and shirts are unveiled!
On our 2014 leg, we definitely want to run around Lady Bird Lake, see the bats again, make repeat trips to the Whole Foods in Downtown ATX that has EVERYTHING awesome you’d ever want in a Whole Foods, and see LOTS more live music for sure! (one day we’d like to be able to go to Austin City Limits and/or SXSW!)
We love the art!

And a taste of the country!
Oh yea…and the food 😉

ATX people – who’s running the 2014 10/20 race??

Use the code RUN1020USA that can be used all the way up to 4/10/14 for a $5 discount!

What racecations do you have on the 2014 radar so far?

September 27, 2013, 12:51 pm

Congrats girl! I’d love to visit Austin one day!

September 27, 2013, 2:54 pm

You totally should – tons of stuff for even the kiddos to do!

September 27, 2013, 1:00 pm

I’ve never done a racecation. I really want to one of these days. There’s on in Pensacola, FL I’d like to do, mostly because we visit Perdido Key each year and I’d love to get there more often.

September 27, 2013, 2:54 pm

If you came to Austin, you could hang with Lindsay again haha

September 27, 2013, 1:22 pm

I have heard great things about Austin- it is definitely a city I would love to visit someday. I really enjoyed our trip to Houston a couple of years ago. There is just something about Texas! My hubby and I also thought of moving there someday until we realized how much we would hate our lives in the summer!

September 27, 2013, 1:40 pm

I loved living in Austin when I went to grad school at UT and I need an excuse to go back! I’m trying to figure out which racecation it will be! Have fun 😉

September 27, 2013, 2:04 pm

I might be seeing you there!!!! My hubby’s bff (He doesn’t use that term, I do) lives out there and we are due for a visit with the baby next year. I’m trying to convince him to go in April for the race. Fingers Crossed, that race has been on my bucket list for over two years. I’m such a live music fan, that this is right up my alley. And Austin is absolutely beautiful that time of year.

September 27, 2013, 2:09 pm

Did my comment get eaten? I said…hmmmm…you are planting a seed….I do love Austin…

September 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

So awesome! I’m heading to San Antonio in January and hope to make a side trip out to Austin!

September 27, 2013, 3:00 pm

awesome, it’s only an hour away – you HAVE to stop in and get a donut from Gordoughs

September 27, 2013, 2:42 pm

It’s so cool when races offer live music. One local yokel 5-K I did last year had three bands staggered around a 1.5-mile loop, so it was neat running by and hearing different types of music mid-race.

September 27, 2013, 5:05 pm

THAT looks like fun!! I have one race-cation on the 2014 calendar and that is Boston. After that….well….there is *talk* of going to Europe to do an Ironman 70.3 BUT, that is just talk. It’s our 10 year anniversary next year so we were thinking of going to Europe for a couple of weeks anyway…might as well race while we’re there, ha ha. But we’ll see if that actually happens! 😀

September 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Awesome, that looks like a ton of fun! There are SOOOOO many places to go for racecations — I just got back from Killington, VT for the Spartan Beast race. It as awesome!

September 27, 2013, 6:27 pm

I would love, love, love to do the SeaWheeze half marathon in Vancouver. Now, if I can only convince my husband to take us there!

September 27, 2013, 7:33 pm

That should be a really fun race. Christine has a good friend that lives in Austin and absolutely loves it there! Hope you get your dream location in the not too distant future!

September 27, 2013, 7:40 pm

How fun! I’d love to do a racecation one day!

September 28, 2013, 12:14 am

Fun! I’ve never been to Austin but hope to one day. It sounds like such a great town!

September 28, 2013, 12:28 am

Austin is one of my favorite cities of all times!!! Hook ’em Horns!!!
    I have a great friend who is doing the 10/20 race – she did it this year, too.
    What a fun trip to look forward to!

September 28, 2013, 2:20 am

I’ve never been to Austin, but it’s definitely on my list of places to visit!

October 3, 2013, 12:20 am

I’ve been wanting to run that since it started! Sounds amazing and I really want to visit Austin. Hopefully I can work it into the schedule soon.