Weekly Workouts Roundup – Week 13 Marathon Training

Fresh off of my LAST 20 miler run, and premature compared to past week’s post, today I recap Week 13 of Marathon Training!

*We’re going away for a friend’s wedding this weekend, so I am sure to be a busy bee tomorrow on our usual post day & may not be ‘of keen sense and sight’ to post πŸ˜‰ *
Link up with Meghan & I as we recap our workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup!
It can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

Week of 9/29/2013
9/29- 6 mile recovery run
9/30- Arms cardio circuit (Chest/Tris/Back/Light legs/Core) 1 hour
10/1 – 9 miles, including 8 yasso 800s + PM bootcamp

10/2 – arms (Shoulders/Bis) kb/db circuit 1 hour
10/3 – 8.5 easy miles (including intervals at the end) + PM bootcamp

10/4 – rest day
10/5 –20 mile long run (4 miles at MRP)
43 total miles + circuit training
Ah….give me my TAPER! I try to always keep it real here on the blog. I wouldn’t be able to chat with you any other way πŸ˜‰ Marathon training has been an AWESOME journey! I can’t believe that my body has done the things it’s done…it’s forgiven me…and pushed through the miles and miles of training. With that being said – I’m pooped! I had 6 miles at MRP (marathon race pace) today but was happy to just have the 4 I did. I’m sore all over – I ice and soak and roll and use compression like a maniac.

Everyone says “that’s why not everyone does marathons – they’re not easy business!” I totally agree. I see why I also said I wouldn’t do one in the first place πŸ˜‰ Knowing that I’ve raised money to help The Little Things for Cancer and that I’ve grown so much as a person physically, mentally, and overall, I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Now, I just want to focus on the next 3 weeks, playing it smart and remembering to train using my head – so that I can put all I have left into the race itself!

Gigantic ice baths help A LOT

With this whole government shutdown business & unfortunately due to the Boston Marathon incident that happened earlier this year (Boston Strong!), there have been some adjustments to the security at Marine Corps Marathon and what’s allowed and what’s not. I’m okay that I can’t take my Camelbak – I’ve just used it mostly due to the crazy hot humidity we’ve had here in Florida. I’m also hoping the route can stay as-is and the race is easy to get in and out of –

I can’t wait to RUN DC!

How was your week in workouts?
I’ll give ya a dollar if I can taper, like, now πŸ˜‰ο»Ώ

October 5, 2013, 5:41 pm

They are not easy business! So proud of you for all your hard work. I am not sure I have a marathon in my future!

October 5, 2013, 5:49 pm

You are killlllling it! Love your work hard/play hard life πŸ™‚

October 5, 2013, 8:29 pm

Awesome job! So proud of all your growth as an athlete and person this year. Very inspiring. πŸ™‚ I stuck to running, weights, bike, and Insanity a few times each this week.

October 5, 2013, 10:36 pm

Nice work! And you definitely earned that taper. πŸ˜‰ I finished my last “long” run (i.e. 10 miles, lol) today and will be tapering this week for my race next Sunday. Taper buddies unite!

October 5, 2013, 11:33 pm

You are doing so awesome! Hang in there once you get to taper you will be itching to get to MCM. You are going to kill it! πŸ˜‰

October 6, 2013, 11:03 am

I can’t wait to see your MCM results….you may become addicted to marathons after you see how well you do!

October 6, 2013, 2:48 pm

I ran MCM in 2010 and even though it is well organized, it is packed. The way DC traffic is, getting in and out will take forever. I don’t blame the organizer it is just the city. I would recommend to take a hotel the night before and after in walking distance. The only way out is bus or metro and each had a line for 203 hours.

October 6, 2013, 2:48 pm

I meant 2-3 hours πŸ™‚

October 6, 2013, 6:00 pm

You’ve rocked your training Kat! You’re almost there!!

October 6, 2013, 6:26 pm

Love the gigantic ice bath pic! ha! I know you’re itching to taper. Almost there! Another great week of training done!

October 6, 2013, 9:14 pm

Tapering started today, woohoo!!! I can’t wait to run DC!!

October 7, 2013, 10:21 am

Awesome training week Kat! That pool looks so inviting in the picture…:)

October 7, 2013, 12:54 pm

Wow Kat! I can’t believe the time is almost here! You have done amazing in your marathon training and I’ve loved following your journey!

October 8, 2013, 9:51 pm

You had a great training week! I can’t wait to hear all about your MCM experience. You. Are. Ready!

October 9, 2013, 8:56 pm

EEP 3 weeks?!?! Helloooooooooooo taper! I hope you enjoy it and don’t go crazy like many people do. I find it absolutely delightful to have a ton more time and give the legs a rest right before a marathon. As for the Camelbak, you know I adore mine and use the heck out of it but you totally won’t need it during the race. They have plenty water stations (and food stations). Three. Flipping. Weeks!!!

January 27, 2014, 10:06 pm

Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely
    different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design.
    Excellent choice of colors!

Also visit my site kick ass torrents –