Is it time for a LIFE PURGE?

Many of you know that hubby and I made a move this past weekend into a bigger place – FYI it’s also one story so that Jaeden doesn’t have to take the people-elevator up and down the stairs with his bad knees.

Anyway, back to my point, you never quite know HOW MUCH STUFF you have in your house until you move and immediately prefer to THROW it away rather than keep it!

I started thinking about how this is done in life quite often – in many different facets and areas:

Moving from house to house or Spring cleaning

Adding something to a routine or schedule

Adjusting to a new income whether more or less

Relationships of all sorts

PURGING is needed constantly to help us evolve and grow as people and individuals!

* Taking a peek at the definition *

purge (pərj/) verb – gerund or present participle: purging

1. rid (someone) of an unwanted feeling, memory, or condition, typically giving a sense of cathartic release

What should we be taking a look at when it comes to PURGING in our lives??

Getting rid of anything that no longer serves us a PURPOSE (ah ha, using my 2014 word of focus!) I am a true believer that everything in life should serve a PURPOSE!

So, when it comes to tangible things: can you get rid of it? Can you donate it? Do you even use it? Would someone else you know have a better use for it? Are you holding onto something from the past that you on longer need in your future?

When it comes to your schedule and having to make time: What do you do that seems purposeless (i.e. is it TV or limitations on social media – ah!) that you can remove to make more time to do something of more PURPOSE or for YOURSELF in general?

When it comes to relationships: Who in your life matters? Who brings positivity in your life and also thinks in line with how you think? Who around you shares the same goals? Is there someone in your life that is now bringing more negativity than positivity into your life? If there someone you’re around who doesn’t support you and your life?

Is it time for a PURGE yourself?

What areas in your life would you take a look at in more depth?

February 28, 2014, 12:17 pm

Great post Kat. I am definitely in need of some purging, but the easiest part is the material things. Purging other things/people will be much more difficult. Thanks for a great idea for springtime! My closet awaits later today!

February 28, 2014, 12:26 pm

Love this post!! We are preparing for our baby right no and I’m in big nesting mode. We cleaned the whole house, finally organized (and removed) our storage room and it feels so good!! Most of our items we donated at Goodwill, that way I don’t feel bad. Actually, the opposite, I feel I help somebody who really needs it instead if dusting in our house. This helped me to get rid of things easier.

February 28, 2014, 1:07 pm

It is definitely time for a spring cleaning type purge. Our closets and cabinets have been so cluttered. I need to clear the boys out for a day so I can just get down to brass tacks and empty things out.

February 28, 2014, 1:35 pm

Great post! We moved into our house in October and we did lots of purging then. Still have more to do as we merged two seperate households! I am thinking a garage sale is in order!

February 28, 2014, 1:56 pm

I need to purge all the bad food from my diet lol! I also need to purge my closet. I have so many clothes that I NEVER wear and probably won’t wear again. But every time I go in there to start I get so overwhelmed!

February 28, 2014, 2:37 pm

I have purged toxic relationships out of my life. I am much happier. I am about to move, so I will be purging stuff soon I am sure. I love the quote/pic

February 28, 2014, 2:38 pm

Great topic–there are soooo many areas where we can all stand to purge. I love purging, I must admit–I am a minimalist at heart in all areas of life.

February 28, 2014, 2:52 pm

Great post. It reminds me of a saying I heard from a motivational speaker: “if what you are doing today is not getting you to where you want to be tomorrow, then let it go”. Not exactly the same point, but relatable!

February 28, 2014, 4:18 pm

Is it weird I’m a better people purger than I am a thing purger?? Toxic peeps are out of my life however my closet could use some work! Haha!

February 28, 2014, 9:02 pm

Excellent post & spot on. I’ve been perpetually purging on all levels lately – long overdue

February 28, 2014, 9:44 pm

I started my purging late last year. I am still working at it. Great post!!

March 1, 2014, 12:43 am

I so need to purge!!!! Not food either – I know you get that but I had to cause ya never know… Life is crazy at times!

March 1, 2014, 1:27 am

Great post – I have definitely had to purge relationships and when I get on a roll with “things” at the house it’s the best feeling!

March 1, 2014, 2:48 am

Ugh, I desperately need to spring clean my closet–so many old outfits from college I don’t wear anymore. Hope you, G, and J are settling in OK! 🙂

March 1, 2014, 1:52 pm

One of my big resolutions for 2014 is to say No more often and leave more time for home and family. It is still a work in progress, but I am getting better!

March 2, 2014, 12:22 am

You’re spot on here. I’ve slowly but surely gotten better at these various types of purges. I need to work on clutter/physical cleansing the most and am actively working on it!

March 2, 2014, 10:44 pm

I need to purge bad eating habits, but cannot figure out how.

March 3, 2014, 6:09 pm

Last year was my “people purge” year where I really decided who was worth being in my life because they added value to it, and who didn’t need to be in my life because they were not good to me and didn’t bring happiness to me. This year is about purging bad habits, trying to be more consistent.