Weekly Workouts Roundup Wk of 2/2

Back to life and back to reality after an awesome vacation in Key West
Link up! (I usually always do this post on Sundays!) as I recap workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup! It can be any day also!

Week of 2/2/2014
2/2 – 30 Burpees & T25 Speed 2.0
2/3- Run 5k + Taught & completed Basic training class w/65 burpees too
2/4 – T25 Core Cardio
2/5 – 50 burpees + Taught Insanity class, 50 more Burpees
2/6 –  Travel on boat day – rest
2/7– 2.25 mile run + 30 burpees
2/8 – 2 mile run + 3- burpees
Total Miles: 7.25 miles  /  255 Burpees
I choose to keep up workouts on vacation due to personal preference and to maintain what I’ve done before vacation and not lose my mojo! I have no races coming up until we head to Austin in April, so not training heavily at this point – BUT like I always say, if I want to PLAY HARD I’ve got to WORK HARD first! Vacation means a little indulgence doesn’t it?

I’m still making sure to do some BURPEES each day – these definitely are a FULL body cardiovascular and strength movement that work the arms and legs AND core! I had fun doing them Monday after class and plan to incorporate them into class as well as with clients [who they fit into a fitness plan with.]

I get back to it today and readjust to my schedule, which is definitely hard after 5 days of vacation! I did my own personal Run Streak when in Key West and ran each day I was there. It was tough, considering the Key itself is barely over a square mile around Duval street, but it gave me a chance to see areas by the water and parts of Key West on foot.

How was your week in workouts?
When going out of town for vacation, do you REST or do you maintain your workout schedule?

February 11, 2014, 12:23 pm

Good for you in being consistent with your workouts while on vacation. I’m usually very active while on vacation. I may not always do a “formal” workout, but I am getting some activity in!

February 11, 2014, 12:43 pm

Great job on your workouts Kat. Can’t wait to hear all about your vacation!

February 11, 2014, 12:46 pm

You were very consistent, and awesome job on all those burpees! I like to keep up my workouts when traveling, too.

February 11, 2014, 1:25 pm

I am planning a vaca with my hubby this spring and I am planning on being active, but probably less regimented!

February 11, 2014, 1:44 pm

Keeping up with workouts while on vacation is always difficult. I always struggle with that!

February 11, 2014, 1:56 pm

I love that you kept up your workouts while on vacation! Such an inspiration!!!

February 11, 2014, 7:04 pm

I pretty much always workout on vacation – I find that I need that time every morning to really enjoy the day!!!
    Great job getting all those burpees done!

February 11, 2014, 9:26 pm

I’m starting (finally) to ramp up my workout schedule. It feels good. I’m curious as to whether I’ll get real workouts in while on vacation… I’ll definitely do some swimming and maybe whatever water sports the resort can offer, at the very least.

February 12, 2014, 2:35 am

Last week was jam packed for me 🙂 Between T25 and running, I did something every day! I love staying active on vacation – I feel like I am cancelling out the goodies that I indulge in – and it helps to combat bloated belly. 🙂 I sooo want to go to Key West!

February 12, 2014, 6:28 pm

Good for you keeping up the workouts on vacation! I think I am pretty good about getting workouts in while on vacation but maybe they aren’t as long as they would be if I were home.

February 13, 2014, 9:46 am

Yep, I tend to back off workouts during vacation too. If I’m going to sit on my butt all day at the beach and read, then I need to earn that downtime first! 🙂