Weekly Workouts Roundup – Wk of 2/9

What do you do after a Spartan Race? Pack and pack some more!
Link up! (I usually always do this post on Sundays!) as I recap workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup! It can be any day also!

Week of 2/9/2014
2/9 – 4 mile run in Key West + 30 burpees
2/10- 2.25 mile run in Key West + 10 burpees
2/11 – 2 mile run + TRX resistance circuit and 50 burpees
2/12 – Turbo Fire HIIT 30 + Taught Insanity Round 4.1 + did 50 burpees
2/13 –  5k RUNch
2/14– Buddy workout + 50 burpees
2/15 – Spartan Sprint 4 mile Obstacle Race (incl 105 burpees) + moving
Total Miles: 15.35 miles /  295 Burpees (Overall 1000 #FFBurpee Challenge Tally: 815 – 185 left to go before February 28!)
What a FUN week! .. ok let’s do some real talk – It’s been a pretty STRESSFUL week getting back into it after being in Key West and SMACK DAB into a busy week! BUT the excuses stop and I just go at it! How do I fit it all in? ANY WAY THAT I CAN! Much of the time I knock it out in the am OR I run home to hang out with Jaeden and do Turbo Fire or T25!

He never minds a visit mid day
Burpees have been a staple in my workouts and I’m gambling to say I LOVE THEM! I’ve learned to maintain consistency with my form, whether I do full floor burpees or plank burpees, so that I don’t compromise it and hurt myself. I tend to do about 10 at a time and then a brief rest before continuing and break them up – kind of like I do with runs and light posts. It seems to be working and I think I’ll try to keep them up even AFTER the #FFBurpee challenge!
Yesterday I was able to enjoy a FUN time with a client who ran her first mud run with me at the Spartan Special Ops Sprint! BOY that was a tough race! It was neat that here in Tampa and within the Spartan series, it was the first Special Ops Sprint race – 4 miles including 18 obstacles…and 105 burpees.
A Full recap to come soon!

How was your week in workouts?
Any race shoutouts?
Burpees – love them or hate them?

February 16, 2014, 1:50 pm

Great workout week! No burpee challenge for me. A spartan race is on my to-run list.

February 16, 2014, 1:53 pm

I can finally say, after 1 year, burpees aren’t so hard to do anymore, and neither is jumping rope!

February 16, 2014, 2:46 pm

Great job Kat! I can’t wait to hear about Spartan!

February 16, 2014, 4:40 pm

phew – keep up the good work! Have to admit I had to google burpee – only know the seed company 🙂

February 16, 2014, 6:47 pm

All those burpess, plus tons of strength work and a Spartan race? Awesome week, Kat!!

February 16, 2014, 7:24 pm

LOATHE burpees!

February 16, 2014, 9:26 pm

I just finished my 1,000 burpees yesterday. I must admit I now like..dare I say LOVE…burpees! I did 150 of them, alternating between running and burpees yesterday to finish the 1,000 for the month. Today I didn’t do any burpees and it felt like something was missing. I will be doing more burpees tomorrow…new goal to get to 1,500 by the end of the month.

February 16, 2014, 11:46 pm

I had a pretty good week in workouts. I am getting pumped to run the princess half this weekend!!

February 17, 2014, 3:40 am

I have done the Tough Mudder and next up is the Spartan Race. I arrived on this page from another site where you showed were you started from at 150lbs. I am glad you are staying healthy and active.

February 17, 2014, 5:34 am

I’ll be able to participate in this next week for sure! This week was a little bit of this and that, mostly walking outside with the kids since it’s finally warm, a little yoga, and lots of unpacking/moving boxes! {That’s a workout in itself!} Starting the 21 Day Fix tomorrow and I have a feeling I’ll have PLENTY to share there, haha! 🙂 Sounds likes you had a great week!

February 17, 2014, 9:43 am

You are a total roxkstar for doing so many burpees! Just thinking about them makes me tired. Nice work this week!

February 18, 2014, 1:39 pm

GREAT WORKOUT GIRLIE!! And love your little puppy!!