Our time in Chicago

I hope you’re all having a great week! I just wanted to do a quick photo montage of our time in Chicago! We didn’t come up here for any races – SHOCKER – just to spend time with Shannyn and her beau and take in time in the city!
We DID make time for workouts to balance our the indulgences we’d FOR SURE be taking part in haha! We brought the T25 and Turbofire workouts and were able to run once it was ‘warm’ enough ๐Ÿ˜‰
We ventured downtown to see the Bean in Millennium Park for fun photo time!
Shannyn was even cute enough to make a St. Patty’s dinner of corned beef and cabbage as part of our meal experience.
Lovers of all things artsy and cultural-like, we did a second day of walking around off of Damen to check out book stores, street arts, and eats!
Donuts. In every city. I can’t help it.
Wicker Park was a movie right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Native Foods was delicious!
St Patty’s Day required a bit of GREEN FUN which we were happy to take part in as well.
What’s your favorite part of experiencing a city and/or Chicago?
Are you a suburbanite like us who likes the urban life here and there?

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

March 19, 2014, 1:50 pm

looks so fun! I have never been there before!1

March 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again ..

BOOOOO HISSSSS.

I’m glad you guys had a great time ๐Ÿ™‚

March 19, 2014, 4:26 pm

Hoping it’ll be reunion time for us all soon!

March 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

I love Chicago. So much to do and see there! I loved running along the lake paths and that you can hop on the train and get just about anywhere.

March 19, 2014, 4:29 pm

I agree – very easy to follow Heather!

March 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Looks like you had a great time! ๐Ÿ™‚

March 19, 2014, 2:52 pm

Glad you enjoyed our beautiful city! Although our weather still is not great.

March 19, 2014, 3:20 pm

I’m definitely a suburbanite but enjoy a visit to the city now and then. I love to check out restaurants that the locals enjoy when I go to a new city, especially in a foreign country. So glad you had fun (when do you not have fun??) and of course the photos are great!

March 19, 2014, 5:51 pm

Looks like you had a great time and wonderful hosts. I have only ever flown through Chicago so I can’t say much about it. I do live in a ‘city’ but to me it’s not really a big one,at least not compared to NY, Chicago etc. It is nice to get to a bigger city once in a while but it isn’t somewhere I’d want to live. Maybe thats the fact that I grew up in a small town, the current city I live in is a nice combination of small but still plenty of city life.

March 19, 2014, 7:34 pm

I love donuts too. Also can’t help it. lol! Yay for the Bean and artsy fartsy stuff!

March 19, 2014, 9:24 pm

Looks like a great time! Had to to go to Chicago for a convention once, fun city – always something going on. My fave was the art museum and just walking around the different neighborhoods

March 19, 2014, 11:19 pm

I have never been there – did Oprah look you up? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looks like a lot of fun but cold! ๐Ÿ™‚

March 20, 2014, 12:21 am

Looks like you had a fun time girl!!!

March 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

Looks like fun! I haven’t been to Chicago since I was 12. I need to get back up there. I remember it being lots of fun then, but it would be even better as an adult. Welcome home!

March 20, 2014, 5:56 pm

I’m glad you guys had a good time in Chicago. I can’t believe we were there the same time. I also love that mural of the runners on the bricks. So cool! xo

March 20, 2014, 9:08 pm

I love Chicago! We usually wind up there every year or so, as my parents live two hours south. There’s so many fun activities to do there, but one of my favorites will always remain shopping on Michigan Avenue. ๐Ÿ™‚

March 21, 2014, 4:06 pm

MMMMMM Doughnuts!!

March 21, 2014, 10:06 pm

Looks like you had a fantastic time and great job fitting in workouts! I am headed up to NYC soon and the only reason I’m running each morning is because I have a race coming up, otherwise my vacations are usually short on the workouts=) I’m definitely a city girl at heart, I love being in the mix of everything.
    ~Bre