10 Random Things about me – and You?

My buds Kathryn Beth nominated me for a Liebster award! How sweet?! I hadn’t done a few of these I’ve seen myself tagged in – bad blogger friend! – but I always think about the fact that Beth IS the reason why I even started this blog & Kathryn has been such an awesome running rockstar that I have to oblige!

Plus, I thought it may be fun to share 10 RANDOM things about myself here!

1. What is your go to snack? (from Beth) ALMONDS! Oh and Quest Bars! They both make me feel full and help curb those sweet cravings!

2. What is your favorite at home easy meal to make? (from Beth) Healthy Nachos! Any ground lean meat and roasted kale with salsa and then corn chips or plantains – I could eat it every day!

3. What is your favorite way to unwind? (from Beth) Going for a walk. I tend to do that a lot mid day on my break to get a mental getaway and unwind during the day. On weekends, letting loose with friends is my fave!

4. How many pairs of running shoes do you currently own? (from Beth) Too many. Way too many. And I want more.

5. What race is on  your bucket list? (from Kathryn) Marine Corps was pretty high up there and I was able to do that as my first full last year! I’d love to do Big Sur!

6. What is the best piece of advise you’ve ever received? (from Kathryn) Success is a journey, not a destination! Focus on the process to see progress instead of the outcome!

7. How did you come up with your Blog name? (from Kathryn) Easy – it’s my name 😉

8. What is your favorite TV show? (from Beth) + What is one thing people don’t know about you? (from Kathryn) The Walking Dead! Brains and zombies – ah! By the way, I am NOT into scary movies. I hate them all. I have to vivid of a memory to watch them and get any good sleep. BUT if anything involved Zombies I love it! So weird! They make me laugh!

9. What is your favorite running route and why? (from Beth) Right by my house, an easy out and back that’s paved – love the ease of it and never get sick of it!

Gotta love living by a golf course

10. Who has been your biggest fitness inspiration to date? (from Beth) Hard one! Too many honestly. I mean, no one really has been ONE example that inspires me. I am SO inspired by my many friends from those I know locally and those online – they inspire me daily to keep going and give me encouragement even from miles away! If I had to choose one fitness personality I love it’d be SHAUN T easy. When I did Insanity I lost my last 15 lbs and grew addicted to High Intensity workouts. He’s also been an advocate of fitness and fun while also setting an example through his own life to be free and love who you want. That inspires me! I hope to meet him this summer ah!!

Thanks ladies, that was fun!

Instead of nominating another 10 peeps to do this post,
 I’d like to ask that YOU PEEPS post below some answers to these questions!

I LOVE getting to know more about people and it’s be like a fun exercise in group therapy! ;)

May 14, 2014, 11:56 am

Love this!! Marine Corps does look like a GREAT race! And those healthy nachos look delicious!

May 14, 2014, 12:23 pm

Love your quote up there, that is so true, it is all about the journey, the lows lead to greater highs 🙂 I also have waaaayyy too many running shoes, but there is nothing wrong with that 🙂 Have a wonderful day! A race on my bucket list? London…when i am ready to blast a 2:30(ish marathon) where all my family and friends can watch!

May 14, 2014, 2:32 pm

Thanks Tina! Ooh London, that’s a good one!

May 14, 2014, 12:48 pm

Ah…. Big Sur is definitely on my bucket list. It would be an extraordinary challenge to train for while living in Flat Florida, but it would be the most scenic and breathtaking marathon for certain.
    Currently, my favorite running route is the Tampa Bay Trail, but you know I’ll be looking for a new one after the move. I’ve already been scouting out the area.

May 14, 2014, 2:32 pm

We can go together! 😉 With our families of course haha

May 14, 2014, 12:56 pm

Yay MCM!! 🙂 I also am a big high intensity workout junkie. I love these random facts posts 🙂 -C

May 14, 2014, 1:05 pm

Love your motto! Everybody is always on a path to improvement, regardless of how many stepping stones they reach along the way.

May 14, 2014, 1:08 pm

My favorite running route is right outside my door too! There’s a sidewalk for miles and it is just so easy to step off my porch and start running!

May 14, 2014, 2:33 pm

It’s so easy that way right?! We have things to DO!

May 14, 2014, 1:08 pm

I love the silence I can’t!!! Awesome! My favorite thing to say to myself is Suck it up Buttercup!

May 14, 2014, 1:44 pm

Fun post – I always enjoy these types of posts. I guess my favorite route is my neighborhood because it’s just easy to walk out the door. I live in a historical area so lots of old homes to look at and I’m downtown AND close to the river so I can head that direction, which is usually perfect for sunrises.

May 14, 2014, 1:48 pm

Yum!! I agree, I would never get tired of healthy nachos! I could eat homemade Mexican every DAY (just any excuse to add avocado!)

May 14, 2014, 2:35 pm

MMMM I couldn’t do the ‘bad’ nachos, so made it work!

May 14, 2014, 1:54 pm

I also have too many running shoes. I realized it when my coworker was asking me for advice and I started talking about my trail shoes, my pavement shoes, my gym shoes, my long distance shoes….

May 14, 2014, 1:58 pm

I’m going to need to try that plantains/ground beef/kale recipe you mentioned-that looks delicious! I love these awards. It’s always great to pull back the curtain and show them what really makes you tick. I just did one of these a few weeks ago, so feel free to check out my answers! http://food4thoughtnyc.com/2014/04/19/introducing-me-the-liebster-award/

May 14, 2014, 2:36 pm

awesome! The recipe is easy! Just a hodge podge of roasted veggies, ground lean meat, c hips, and salsa!

May 14, 2014, 2:25 pm

Yay!! If you have Showtime you need to watch Penny Dreadful! It’s creepy and right up your alley. Big Sur looks amazing! Do it.

May 14, 2014, 2:36 pm

ooh, we don’t have ST lol – I’m happy we even have TV! DO IT WITH ME!

May 14, 2014, 4:50 pm

can i come eat and run with you? i’d so love that!

May 14, 2014, 10:08 pm

I love the running route by my house too; it’s one of my favorite ways to unwind and relax when I’m home.

May 15, 2014, 2:25 am

I cannot believe you didn’t say I am your biggest fitness inspiration! I mean I am on the elliptical every single day for 101 minutes, LMFAOOOO!!!!! Okay, no, I am probably the last person people should look up to! LOL!