Family Fun in Vegas on a Budget – Part 2: Dates with Boo
Happy 2 year anniversary to us!
We got married 2 years ago in BEAUTIFUL Antigua at the Sandals Resort there!
A lot was learned in our 1st year, as it would be with all newlyweds – Our 2nd year was no different!
What I … or we .. learned in our 2nd year of Marriage:
* Make your life a story – We both have realized that tangible things aren’t what we want our life about. We live for the moment and enjoy time with each other and those we live doing fun things or going on travel adventures. We want to make memories that can last a lifetime! Hubby is my best friend, he’s the one who is ALWAYS there no matter what happens and loves me every day through my own faults. So, I want to make life the best I can WITH him and keep adding pages to OUR STORY.
* Look to God before looking to your partner – In one of our church services we remember hearing the pastor talk about how we tend to look at our spouse for things that we should be looking to God for first and foremost: Guidance, direction when it comes to arguments, an answer to a bad day. We need to look to God first – especially IN arguments – before reacting or talking about anything in-depth. It will ensure we aren’t saying things in a knee-jerk way and are genuine with our responses.
* Grow together through new experiences & what brought you together – Both of us came into our relationship pretty independent and having experienced a ton in our respective lives. We’ve learned that we continue to grow as individuals regardless even when we’re together. With that, we also work to experience new things so that we grow closer as a couple, too. We’ve been to many new places together and done many new things (running through Vegas, hello!) and only get better from those! With that, we try to remember to stay grounded with what brought us together in the first place and those things we share in common. We started off meeting at the gym, so this year have been very focused on having fun with fitness but together as much as we can too!
* Set long term goals together – When we were dating and well into our first year we talked a lot about things we wanted to do or wanted to accomplish. This year felt like the year we MADE THINGS HAPPEN. We also made sure to sit down and physically write down our goals for the year together. Things we wanted to happen and by when so that we didn’t derail from our plans. Individually, too, we check in with each other and set each other straight when we start to fall off or lose focus of things we said we wanted to accomplish. Tough love should come from your partner of all people!
* It’s everyone, not just us – We’ve learned this more and more over our years together, but whenever we tackle something tough we tend to get frustrated and think “what is going on here?” The more I have learned to open up to my husband and open up to friends, I realize – it’s NOT just us. We’re NOT the only ones who argue over silly things or have bad days. Everyone has their issues and it’s all in how you get better at communicating when those happen. Just makes it easier when we realize we’re not completely crazy 😉
So, CHEERS to Cinco De Anniversary and Cinco De Mayo!
What did you learn in Year 2 of Marriage?
Cotton or China, what 2nd year present would you pick?