Weekly Workouts Roundup – Feeling that “Get up and Go!”

Week of 5/18/2014
5/18 – 5 mile run
5/19 – Insanity Round 5 (1 hour)
5/20 – 5 mile interval run
5/21 – Turbo Fire 30 min + Arms + P90x3 Yoga + Mid day walk
5/22 –  4 mile negative split run
5/23 – T25 Speed 2.0
Planned: 5/24 – 10k-7 mile long run
Planned: 5/25 – Disney day, theme park walking
Total Miles: 21

This week has been the week of “a new routine is kicking in!”

With the weather here in Florida getting RIDIC and being 95 degrees by the time I get off work, early morning runs are now in full effect! I’m already an early birdy, but taking time to get up an hour earlier was tough cookies in the beginning! This week, though, the new routine is kicking in!

Hubs even got in on the action as he began his SOLID P90X3 focus this week, and made an appearance a few days when I was coming back from my run! He is NOT a morning person – I tend to annoy him with my chipper antics, BUT with Shakeology fueling him right he is all amped up some mornings to do his workout and knock it out of the way early.

Runs have been consistent – I am trying to be sure to do interval, progression, and/or tempo runs so that I am getting caloric burn during the week – focusing on long runs for endurance and volume on the weekends. Workout A.D.D. hasn’t left me, so our new workout room full of fun T25, TurboFire, Insanity, P90X3, weights, and mats – OH MY – fuels that craziness inside of me!

***********************

I’m finally feeling that GET UP AND GO!

* Patience – I have to remember it’s OK to be off kilter a few times in the beginning, not knowing which sneaker is right and forgetting my contacts on a run or two

Early to Bed – I couldn’t expect to wake up early if I didn’t go to bed early right? Tough as it is to not stay up I have to make sure to settle down, unplug, and fall asleep in enough time to get 7-8 hours of sleep in especially to ensure a a.m. good workout

* No Sugars or Caffeine late – I’m not a caffeine person in general, but I try to steer clear of sugars late – a bouncy Kat won’t wind down – at all

* Fuel right with a proper dinner – I’m not one to eat before I workout in the a.m. so I’m sure to eat a hearty dinner so that I am fueled for the morning!

* Clothes laid out – or I do end up wearing my “I Run So I Can Eat Cupcakes” shirt out at 6am, half asleep, and it’s not cute

How do you get adjusted to a new routine or schedule?

May 23, 2014, 11:06 am

Ahh I love the positivity on this page! You make me excited about summer training! I am heading down to Florida on Tuesday actually! I am kinda scared of the humidity for my runs, but should be fun! Have a wonderful weekend, sounds like you are ready to go!

May 23, 2014, 11:21 am

oh routine, it’s hard to change but i think it makes us better in the long run. Adjusting and refocusing!

May 23, 2014, 12:07 pm

Great job as always Kat!! Love that the hubby is waking up early with you! Have fun at Disney!

May 23, 2014, 1:08 pm

Wow, your enthusiasm is contagious! You make early mornings sound so do-able. I’ve been going in to work an hour early every day for the last couple of weeks; I’m going to take advantage of getting used to 5 am by moving my runs to the morning as soon as I get caught up at work.

But there will be NO chipper antics until after the run. 🙂

May 23, 2014, 3:13 pm

Aw thanks girlie! haha it’s just too early!

May 23, 2014, 1:09 pm

I always lay out my clothes the night before – both workout clothes and work clothes (even down to jewelry). It’s the only way to go 😉

May 23, 2014, 1:40 pm

Loved the “chipper antics” approach. They’re what get me through the many tasks of the day 🙂 Great post!

May 23, 2014, 6:21 pm

I’m with you on all those tips.. go to bed early, lay out the clothes– I’m such a structure and routine kind of girl!!

May 23, 2014, 7:11 pm

I love your positivity!!! And I have to ask how you like the weight set that you have? I was going to buy one for my hubby and would love to know what you think. We’re going to set up a weight/exercise room in the new house.

May 23, 2014, 7:15 pm

Agree! The more structure and planning I have the better I do. Looks like a very solid week! : )

May 24, 2014, 10:12 am

Nice work–and I love all the cross training. You’re covering your workout bases. 🙂 It usually takes me about a week to get used to a new routine. When my season started this year, the early wake-up calls were tough–and I’m a morning person!–but after the first week, it got a lot easier.

May 26, 2014, 2:03 am

I struggle with the early to bed. Love how you have it all so well planned out. Rock on!

May 27, 2014, 4:32 pm

Great week of workouts! I think my favorite one was walking around the Disney parks though 🙂 I got back on track with my training last week and it sure feels good! xoxo