Weekly Workouts Roundup – DONE with #RWRunStreak

After 40 days straight of running, I’m again resettling back into a different workout routine – changes are always good right?

WeeklyWorkoutsRoundupNEW

Week of July 5, 2014:

Saturday 7/5 – 2 mile walk

Sunday 7/6 – 4 mile run + PiYo

Monday 7/7 – PiYo Class

Tuesday 7/8 – 2 mile am run + core

Wednesday 7/9 – 5k am run + PiYo Class

Thursday 7/10 – 1 mile run + Insanity

Friday 7/11 {Planned} –  PiYo Practice + T25

I wrote about my intent to see the #RWRunStreak through HERE and made sure that my focus was SAFETY and FUN over speed and pace as each day and run went by. On the 4th of July I sealed the deal with DAY 40 – the longest run streak I’ve done successfully.

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 8.49.21 AM

What do I MEAN BY SUCCESSFULLY? I mean without injury or risk to other workouts or plans I had going on. My goal was to just DO A RUN A DAY A MILE OR MORE. My goal wasn’t to go ALL OUT and race each run.

What did it do for me? It gave me a lot of ME time – Each day I went out to run I listened to new music or a PiYo or Insanity lesson or even a part of an Audible book I was listening to. I worked on my FORM also. I took the time to listen to my breath and be sure that I had proper posture throughout my gait. I stuck to a goal I wanted to accomplish regardless of where I was. I went to Vegas and Savannah during this streak and took time from those trips to maintain my focus on this goal.

Push beyond your surface capabilities and ANYTHING is possible!

Push beyond your surface capabilities and ANYTHING is possible!

Were there any cons to the streak? Not for me, honestly. Yes, waking up early in the morning is tough but that’s how it is no matter what here in Florida in the summer. It’s not like I wasn’t already up and planning some sort of workout. Is it nice now to have the ability to say “eh, I don’t feel like running today” – yup.

Would I do it again? HECK YES! I loved it and loved being able to run because I WANTED TO – not because I HAD to. I know I have half marathon training coming up again later in the summer so I’ll tackle that part of training when I get there and enjoy this ‘freedom’ now to workout as I see fit!

What about the rest of the week after? Well, I’ll recap in IN FULL but we also took on the 3 Day Refresh and I learned a new PiYo Lesson. I’M LOVING PiYo and felt like I was cheating on Shaun T – so I’ll have to mix in T25 or Insanity soon to balance it all out 😉

This guy would be proud!

This guy would be proud!

How was your week in workouts?

Have you ever taken on a challenge in your workouts to prove something to only yourself?

July 11, 2014, 7:33 am

You are amazing. I don’t think i could do the streak. and i still need to try PiYO!

July 11, 2014, 8:01 am

YAy for your streak! I’m on a 2 week unrunning streak 🙂
    Jennifer F recently posted…Colorful Protein Smoothie & Run or Dye 5kMy Profile

July 11, 2014, 8:44 am

Way to go in keeping up with the streak! And I love that you pointed out that you did so smartly and safely. Not every run has to be about speed. Just getting out there for a mile or so to clear your head can do a lot of good.
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Friday Five – July 11th – Five Things I Love About MovingMy Profile

July 11, 2014, 8:55 am

I am so impressed that you ran over 300 miles in 40 days. That is a huge number and the best part is you stayed healthy with your pace/plan. I have never taken on a challenge in workouts, but I did take on the Dopey Challenge which was a huge deal for me as a 60 year old! 🙂
    Pam recently posted…Fitness SnapshotsMy Profile

July 11, 2014, 9:05 am

Training and running my half marathon was definitely a challenge for myself!
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…14 Ways to Save Money on Your WeddingMy Profile

July 11, 2014, 9:33 am

I’m looking forward to the holiday #RWRunStreak between Thanksgiving and New years. I will hopefully be ready to run again by then, so I’m planning to do that one. It will be great for the same reasons you listed above. =)
    I haven’t worked out much these past two weeks because I’ve been sick, but I finally managed 2 miles of walk/running yesterday and loved it! I miss running.
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…Fitness Snapshots – #FridayFiveMy Profile

July 11, 2014, 10:11 am

Congrats on the streak Kat! I’ve done it the past 3 years and love it! I’m usually ready for a break by the time it’s over but this year I’m still streaking strong! Not sure how long I’ll continue it but I’m enjoying it right now! I need to try Piyo!!! I’m loving everything I’m hearing about it! Wish we lived closer so I could attend one of your classes!!! 🙂
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…Fitness Friday…July 11th Edition!My Profile

July 11, 2014, 10:14 am

Way to go on completing that challenge! You rock!
    Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted…Friday Five 23My Profile

July 12, 2014, 6:43 am

Believing in yourself goes a long way 🙂

July 12, 2014, 10:01 pm

Wow. Cannot believe you did so much while you were doing the streak.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Family Time – My RocksMy Profile