A Photoshoot + The Delta: A Sign of Change

While at the Reebok Headquarters this past week, I was excited to learn about the direction the company was taking with their niche – one of my favorite topics – and understand how to explain it to others to support the brand that I’ve grown to love (their products and philosophy!)

Reebok went through a change recently where they adjusted their marketing strategy and also their branding to focus on the sign of the DELTA – A Sign of Change.Β The new Reebok Delta symbol represents the positive and transformative change that fitness can have on a person’s life. Through the millennia the delta has been a symbol of change and transformation. The Reebok Delta has three distinct parts each representing the changes – physical, mental and social – that occur when people push themselves beyond their perceived limits and embrace an active and challenging life.

As my life has shifted from racecations and running primarily, I too am in the mode of focusing on complete FITNESS in my life and the life of others – I have to understand that change is good for the mind, body and soul, and to embrace it in order to continue to grow.

With the shift towards overall fitness, Reebok has partnered with The Spartan Race (stay tuned for Wednesday’s post,) Les Mills, as well as their well-known affiliation with CrossFit to reach who they call the Fit Gen – a generation of people who are focused on fitness to help them be better at work, at play, and through a multitude of ways both in the gym and out of the gym. They also began their sector of Reebok ONE where they interact and partner with fitness professionals to provide knowledge and support to the Fit Gen. Reebok ONE is the group I worked with all week through the contest that I entered back in February.

reebok3

With this SIGN OF CHANGE also came a change to apparel options at the company! My favorite part! Reebok caters to literally every sport through their apparel line – Running, Crossfit, Weightlifting, Studio Classes, Dance…you name it, they have a product that’s made for it. On our tour we learned about the Science of how products were made to fit each particular sports moves and needs and were able to try out some of the 2014 as well as Spring 2015 collection.

IMG_5479

Part of our trial came during our photoshoot! Wednesday we met up in South Boston at the studio of a fantastic photographer, Michelle Joyce, who Reebok uses for much of their catalog and website photos (models and products.) I was so excited to work with Michelle and have the chance to ham it up for the camera!

Kat2

Kat1

When hubby joined me later in the afternoon, he was even able to goof off with me during my shoot time.

IMG_5465

I went home with many options to try out while running, teaching, and working out at home – I am definitely impressed with the quality of Reebok’s gear and their style. They’ve really delved into the market to find out what the people want in their workout gear and are specific to tailor it to each individual sport and workout style. What more could we ask for?

Do you look for gear that fits your ‘sport’ of choice?

Shoes – tops – bottoms – What’s your favorite type of gear to get?

September 8, 2014, 7:19 am

Looks like you had a blast! Did they have any new dance high tops? I’ve been waaaaaiting for those. πŸ™‚ That’s interesting about Reebok’s marketing change. I like their idea of the Delta and change.
    Diana recently posted…Easy Tortellini Soup RecipeMy Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:15 pm

You’d love the new sneaks I got girl!

September 8, 2014, 8:46 am

Looks like your visit with Reebok was a blast! If Wednesday’s post is similar to my Spartan Race post from last week, then I think your readers are in for a treat! πŸ™‚

September 8, 2014, 8:48 am

Looks like y’all had such a good time! I love their CrossFit shorts

September 8, 2014, 9:16 pm

I have a pair and love them

September 8, 2014, 8:48 am

How fun!!! I love Reebok running clothes! They are awesome! I wore a Reebok tank on my run this morning! πŸ˜‰
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…The Weekly Chase #88!My Profile

September 8, 2014, 12:17 pm

Looks like such a great time! I love those polka dot pants!
    Kelly recently posted…Weekly Updates: 09/01/14 – 09/07/14 (Zooma Week 5)My Profile

September 8, 2014, 12:18 pm

That is really amazing and I love the shots you shared from the photoshoot! Simply gorgeous! Can’t imagine how much fun it was!
    Annmarie recently posted…Meatless Monday: Kale & Red Pepper Warm Pasta SaladMy Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:17 pm

Aw thanks Annmarie!

September 8, 2014, 12:52 pm

Omg how fun! You look great in their clothes!
    Erin @ Her Heartland Soul recently posted…Weekend Snapshots 9.8My Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:17 pm

thanks girl! they’re so comfortable and move great

September 8, 2014, 2:46 pm

You rock… it was great to hear Reebok talk at BlogFest about the shift in their strategy… always nice to see a brand take a look at how they position themselves.
    Pavement Runner recently posted…Missed it by THAT muchMy Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:18 pm

Thanks buddy! I love it too it’s such a perfect fit with doing ALL of the workouts and sports!

September 8, 2014, 4:02 pm

You look so adorable in the photo shoot. I love shopping for new running clothes, shoes, you name it. If it is attire for working out, I am always ready to shop!
    Pam recently posted…Confession time…..I liedMy Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:18 pm

Thanks ladies! New clothes make me want to workout that’s for sure!

September 8, 2014, 8:12 pm

We learned about their new logo and the change while we were at Blogfest. How cool that you had this awesome opportunity! I can’t wait to hear more/see more photos – you look totally badass.
    Amalia recently posted…“Tell me About You”My Profile

September 8, 2014, 9:19 pm

I heard they were there! (see paver’s comment lol) Even trade for your time with Chalene right?

September 8, 2014, 8:40 pm

I love your photo shoot pictures!!! You and the hubby are so cute
    Krysten (@darwinianfail) recently posted…Where I am right now…My Profile

September 9, 2014, 6:34 am

Looks like you had a great time! I have been lucky enough to be at Reebok headquarters and it has completely changed my opinion of the company (for the better). I love that they are targeting fitness as a sport and also helping bring it to kids through their BOKS program πŸ™‚

Can’t wait for your Spartan recap!
    Susan recently posted…Running to heels ~ Mighty Meehan 5kMy Profile

September 9, 2014, 6:36 am

I’m definitely an even bigger fan now!

September 9, 2014, 9:14 am

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun!!!
    Jody – Fit at 56 recently posted…Gratitude Monday and EXCITING NEWS!!!!My Profile

September 9, 2014, 9:22 am

Hey! What a nice post! It was soooooo nice meeting and working with you last week! Your shots came out great and you’ll have selects soon!

Chelle

September 9, 2014, 9:52 am

I don’t own any new Reebok gear, but I have some vintage tees from my basketball days waaaaay back in high school. I guess I should get caught up on their new line. Everything you wear looks super cute and comfy.
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…Moving & New House Recap – Day OneMy Profile

September 9, 2014, 12:26 pm

Looks like you had an amazing time! I tend to go towards sports specific gear and mainly shoes! I found a crossfit store near us that has some Reebok product, but it is hard to find in my area for some reason πŸ™ Do you know if any of the big name stores carry it?

Love how you are evolving, I am also in that mode – I want to have more overall strength too!
    Lisa RunFastMama recently posted…Mama’s Spicy Pulled Pork RecipeMy Profile

September 9, 2014, 7:35 pm

Love the photoshoot and that light blue color looks AMAZING on you.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Loving Lately – SeptemberMy Profile

September 10, 2014, 8:58 pm

I love their new delta sign and everything it represents! I am excited to see some of the new fitness gear out in stores to check it out. So fun that you got to have a little photo shoot! You looked great!
    Holley @ lungesandlashes.com recently posted…Pumpkin Applesauce BreadMy Profile