Realize the Power of ONE

I’ll be sure to get back to the regularly scheduled Training Tip of the Week soon – once these eyes are back to being 100% and I can see the camera that’s for sure! For today, let’s welcome another fabulous Monday!

****************************

In the era we live in, everything seems to be fast-paced. We’re all used to handling multiple tasks, projects, to-dos all at once. While it’s admirable just HOW MUCH we can accomplish by multi-tasking and managing our time well so we fit it ALL in, we also have to take the time to REALIZE THE POWER OF ONE.

Let me elaborate on a mantra I’ve been repeating over and over again in my head myself to create more focus and, hopefully and in turn, more success in my life.

I remember reading a post from my friend, Carla, about MONO-TASKING. It put things into perspective for me at the time – I was so busy trying to do everything and do that all at once, that I never seemed to settle down or enjoy any moments of quiet. Priorities in life were not balanced and I was causing myself more stress than harm. I was more chaotic way back when, but still had a bit of improvement to make in the realm of squeezing it all in.

As I’ve begun to shift my focus from myself and more unto others, I found myself having to preach a different practice that I told them about. Whenever someone wanted to lose weight, or run a race they hadn’t before, or get stronger with Insanity – I would tell them to take things ONE step at a time. ONE is a powerful number, and yet it seems so singular to most – literally.

IMG_6119

ONE … day, inch, week, moment, habit, pound, rep, meal, recipe, hour... you name it….ONE at a time, shows us more of what we’ve accomplished than expecting bunches and bunches at once!

I mean, think about it: If you were to notice you lost an inch off of your waist, but you didn’t celebrate that. You thought to yourself “Well, I still have 4 more to go to get to my goal.” Where is the positivity or motivation in that??

Credit should be given for any step in the right direction! Some people may disagree when I say that “Being OVERWHELMED is a CHOICE” but what I mean is that you choose how much you take on. If you lessen these high expectations of yourself to get it ALL done and at ONCE, you can appreciate your efforts and those successes you’ve achieved ONE by ONE instead of thinking you haven’t done enough or always feel swamped by your own standards.

So, celebrate those steps! Realize the Power of ONE in your life – in the goals you’ve set for yourself!

Shoot, you can even click on the MY SHIRTS tab and grab your own version of the shirt above through I am Funny Shirts! They’re pretty comfy if I do say so myself ๐Ÿ˜‰

What is ONE thing you’ve worked hard on that you should take time to congratulate yourself for?ย

October 27, 2014, 7:47 am

This is such a powerful mantra – and totally perfect for you and what you’re about!
    Ruthie@She’sWickedHealthy recently posted…Don’t Want to Work Out? Do This One Thing to Make it Happen!My Profile

October 27, 2014, 8:04 am

PATIENCE.
    CARLA recently posted…Is OLD talk the new FAT talk?My Profile

October 27, 2014, 8:37 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mantra!!! So perfect for you too! Now I have to add another T-shirt to my birthday wish list haha
    Krysten (@darwinianfail) recently posted…Race Recap: Toronto Women’s 5kmMy Profile

October 28, 2014, 8:37 am

Thanks girlie – SO SO COMFY!!

October 27, 2014, 9:13 am

LOVE this!!!! I definitely need to celebrate my small achievements so much more than I do! Thanks Kat!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…The Weekly Chase #95!My Profile

October 28, 2014, 8:38 am

Amen sister, we deserve that credit!

October 27, 2014, 9:18 am

Such a great post, Kat. The small steps and victories will eventually add up to larger ones!
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Weekly Training Log โ€“ Week of October 20thMy Profile

October 27, 2014, 9:31 am

Such a great post! Small victories. I love your shirts- they look super comfy!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…How to Host ThanksgivingMy Profile

October 27, 2014, 12:23 pm

Hey Kat! My goal has been spending more time with my children. I’m doing well but still feels sometimes that I need to do more. However, when I reflect on your asking this question, I really do need to give myself credit because the time spent with them has made such a wonderful-positive difference to us all. Thanks for a great post!
    Yum Yucky recently posted…Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie TreatsMy Profile

October 28, 2014, 8:38 am

That’s awesome Josie!

October 27, 2014, 1:15 pm

Such powerful words Katrina. Seriously, when you try to do it all you will fall flat on your face and become frozen, better to accomplish one thing very well, than trying to juggle everything at once.
    Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted…Comment on 7 Tips for Making Time to Run by Christine @ Love, Life, SurfMy Profile

October 28, 2014, 8:38 am

Thanks Lisa – amen sister!

October 27, 2014, 2:45 pm

I love that mantra!
    Erin @ Her Heartland Soul recently posted…Weekend Snapshots 10.27My Profile

October 27, 2014, 8:34 pm

Great mantra

October 28, 2014, 6:03 am

So many thoughts come to mind with the Power of One. One step at a time. Success starts with one (me believing in me). Should I ramble on? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great post Kat!
    jill conyers recently posted…10 Life LessonsMy Profile

October 28, 2014, 8:41 am

yes ma’am, thanks Jill!

October 28, 2014, 9:02 am

I could absolutely benefit from slowing down and taking the time to appreciate being in the moment. I am so busy trying to accomplish it all at once that I don’t realize all of my little victories!
    Annmarie recently posted…New Grip Gloves Review & Giveaway!My Profile

October 28, 2014, 10:39 am

I need to keep this in mind with my kiddos. I’m learning to take every day in stride. I often feel overwhelmed with them and I’m trying to learn patience with multitasking them both. Especially life with an almost three year old. Great post Kat! Excited for you to get your “new eyes”
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…Would you eat in a bathroom stall?My Profile

October 28, 2014, 10:24 pm

I am a lone shark – I like to do things alone, ALL THE TIME because uhhhhhhh I only trust myself? LOL! So Yes, I do realize the power of ONE!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Water You Drinking?My Profile

October 29, 2014, 11:34 pm

I so appreciate this post. I am guilty of taking on way to much and trying to cram it all into one day or one hour and it always leaves me stress to the point of feeling sick. I’m slowly learning to tackle all areas of my life one at a time. this statement “โ€œBeing OVERWHELMED is a CHOICEโ€ but what I mean is that you choose how much you take on” is so powerful, simple and TRUE. we control our destiny and we control being overwhelmed. I think i sometimes let the feeling of being overwhelmed cloud my ability to make decisions to let go. I’m learning to take a step back when I’m overwhelmed and reassess what I really need to get done. Great post!

P.S. i have a question for you about T25.. going to email you ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cassandre recently posted…7 Things Iโ€™ve learned About Weight loss and Getting OlderMy Profile