Taking a Chance on a Dream…

To live the life you want to lead, it’s all about TAKING CHANCES…

I was never, ever that person to take chances before I started my whole “I-want-to-do-fitness-as-a-‘job’-holy-cow-I-found-my-calling” journey.

That was until about a year ago when I knew IT WAS POSSIBLE if I just BELIEVED IN WHAT I WANTED and took the necessarily steps to get there. AND also remember that if I didn’t hit a particular milestone, I was okay taking lessons away and had nothing to lose.

I shared this week that I was still in shock I was picked to continue on as a Beachbody Master Trainer as an Ambassador in their training program!!

The experience was one where I knew I had to take a chance on something that had so many unknowns – the epitome of UNCOMFORT creating GROWTH.

I joined a friend on the trip to Atlanta after taking some time to practice a particular Insanity lesson (my baby) and get feedback on my own form and technique along with some cueing tips. Once we were in our room we practiced more and more and before we knew it were headed to the event venue. There, we met up with other instructors and after some laughs and open chatter, most of our nerves were worked out.

We all wondered: Who would we instruct? For how long? Did we speak and on what about? Who was coming as a judge? What happened next?

In the blink of an eye, we all did a speaking part to give the judges (a Beachbody Trainer & a local Master Trainer) background on us and also took turns instructing one another in our desired format and lesson.

About half of us were chosen to move on with the Master Trainer program as Ambassadors! Everyone I met was such an amazing inspiration and I learned something from each and every person!

MTBLOG3

The process has steps to each part of the selection process, but the biggest takeaway I had was to KNOW MY FORMAT AND FORM and to BE MYSELF. Nerves are forgiven, but the judges were looking for us to be unique while being upbeat and outgoing. They were also looking for our instruction to be an example of what they would show others to do that particular workout.

Creative Tip-4 copy

I thought to myself, even if I didn’t get this I wanted to get better at being an instructor. All of the tips I was given from my managers at the gym, from my students in class, from my friends, from my husband, from my mentor and coach…they ALL helped me grow as a better instructor and I am blessed to not only take that on with this new phase in my journey but into my weekly classes. I will continue to focus on being the best part of my students’ days – teaching them proper form but also being as quirky and silly as I can be, just to see a smile on their face.

Being a coach, being an instructor, it’s not about me just wanting to jump around because I love Insanity and I want others to join in. I do it because I dream to see others realizing just how truly capable they are of great things! That they can push their own selves to a level they never thought possible!

Just because we’re not kids anymore doesn’t mean that we can’t dream and that we can’t take chances on those dreams we want to see come true in life – TAKE CHANCES!

Are there dreams you have in the back of your mind that you want to focus on this upcoming year?

What’s keeping you back?

November 19, 2014, 8:17 am

So awesome Kat! I’m so proud of you! And yes…sometimes we definitely have to take chances…even if it doesn’t work out the way we want we can always learn from it!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…A Tough Decision…My Profile

November 19, 2014, 8:55 am

I am so gosh darn proud of you…and can’t wait to tell everyone, “I know her BEFORE she was a worldwide rockstar!”

As a fitness instructor, I’m constantly asking for feedback, because it’s not about what *I* need, it’s about my students. So thanks for the reminder!
    Katy Widrick recently posted…Step Away From the ScaleMy Profile

November 19, 2014, 9:03 am

I love that you are taking chances and following your heart!!
    Krysten recently posted…#WIAW – A Day of EatsMy Profile

November 19, 2014, 9:05 am

I definitely want to start exercising at home again. I am what is holding me back, and I need to get up about 45 minutes earlier to accomplish it.
    Carlee C recently posted…Winners to Recent Frugal and Fun Mom Giveaways!My Profile

November 19, 2014, 9:06 am

Way to go! Its been awesome watching you keep going up and up and up. And in such a difficult and competitive environment as Beachbody to boot. Congratulations!

November 19, 2014, 9:09 am

Congrats Kat! You deserve it, and are a great example for the rest of us to follow!
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Christmas Music Running PlaylistMy Profile

November 19, 2014, 9:57 am

It’s so awesome and inspiring to see you going after all your dreams. It really motivates me to get out there and take those chances. Keep rocking it girl!!
    Diana recently posted…Friday fiveMy Profile

November 19, 2014, 10:43 am

Love that you’re going for this!! Getting feedback is so critical for improving. I love getting it, even if I didn’t ask for it.
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Crockpot ApplesauceMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Thank you so much mama!

November 19, 2014, 12:27 pm

Hi Kat! Congratulations, that’s a huge honor. I know you’ve never taken Les Mills classes, but the process for training, going to workshops and having master trainers for each Les Mills program sounds a little bit like Beach Body. You hold a big responsibility to always show expert technique, while also staying true to yourself and the fundamentals of the program you lead. Good luck!! Soak it up:)
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…A day of my eating and some commentaryMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Thanks so much girl!

November 19, 2014, 2:18 pm

LOVE this! Congratulations girl you will be amazing! Sometimes you really do just put it out there and great things come back 🙂 And you are right as instructor I’m always looking for feedback I want to give people the BEST experience ever it’s all about the PEOPLE!

November 19, 2014, 8:26 pm

Congrats. So happy for you. Awesome that you are living your passion.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…16 Crock Pot Comfort FoodsMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:53 pm

Thanks so much Abby!

November 20, 2014, 8:23 am

Congratulations Kat!!! This is so so awesome and I’m so happy for you! Getting feedback as an instructor is so important and helps you keep growing. I love that you are taking chances and following your heart too!
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted…Gifts for Yoga LoversMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:53 pm

Thank you Christine!

November 20, 2014, 10:01 am

Congratulations. Kat!!
    Kelly recently posted…J: Safety in IgnoranceMy Profile

November 20, 2014, 8:55 pm

Congratulations! So awesome! I often hold myself back from my goals but am learning to push through that and to take chances on a dream. This year I will be training for my first Half Ironman!
    Sandra Laflamme recently posted…Happy Hug a Runner Day! November 20thMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:54 pm

Thank you Sandra – you can do it girl! Oh my goodness that’s huge!

November 21, 2014, 9:22 am

How exciting, Kat! And you’re right we should still dream BIG <3
    Nichole recently posted…how blogging took me out of my comfort zoneMy Profile

November 24, 2014, 8:54 pm

Thank you Nichole – amen!