Success Takes Sacrifice

Being asked to speak at the Beachbody Super Saturday event in Orlando this past weekend was such an honor! I truly don’t stop to reflect on my personal story as I feel I’m going about each day focusing on others and just using what I’ve learned and gone through TO teach healthy habits and give tips from my own experience.

I wanted to share with you what I spoke about (and a little video snippet) focusing on the mantra I’ve lived by the past year: Success Takes Sacrifice!

Here is the written version of my notes >>>>>>

In 2013 I took the leap of faith, after blogging for a year, to see if I could have fitness BE my life- BE that PURPOSE in life that the Lord had set for me in front of my eyes. Hubby said we had NOTHING to lose and I had a year to try it out – see what happened. Long story short, I became ballsy – I tried out for some opportunities I would HAVE NEVER done just to see what would happen and it reassured me I was truly meant to do this to SHARE what I learned with others so they didn’t do what I did or stopped!

Throughout the past year I Sacrified by brown bum off! Literally! I mean, I want you guys to get this….When I met Alli and became a coach I could have either taken it as a way to make extra hobby money OR use it as another vessel to help MORE people virtually and locally even. I had to set goals including certifications, scheduling time for my own workouts, making time for clients (was a CPT also) and know that the hard part was doing all of this IF I wanted to DO FITNESS FULL TIME. My goal wasn’t to BE home, it was to BE HOME so that I could teach more so that I could COACH more so that I could do more laundry, cook more, STOP hustling. I was at a good job for 14 years! 14! But was that job my dream job or what brought me fulfillment – No, so I had to work SACRIFICING my time and some things in life like sleeping in or eating out all the time or eating full meals each night if I wanted to see REAL CHANGE in my life! I HAD to! My word for 2014 – I choose words each year to focus on it keeps it simple for me – was PURPOSE. I had to be sure ALL of my actions that year were for my PURPOSE and if they weren’t I had to rethink about what I was doing. This year it’s SERVE to serve others.

When you stop Dreaming you START Dying! (Pat Williams past VP from the Orlando Magic) YOU DESERVE TO DESIGN YOUR OWN LIFE – but you HAVE to WORK FOR IT! You have to see the hard parts as learning opportunities and move on positively, NOT GIVE UP! NEVER!

How have you made sacrifices to earn the rewards of goals you’ve set to accomplish?

How does that trickle into the impact of achieving that goal?

January 14, 2015, 7:29 am

For me everything I have – health fitness marriage family – has taken sacrifice.
    And yet because I wanted all of these so much—the sacrifice has seemed sweet and not bitter.
    Carla recently posted…Oh Austin. There’s LOTS in my bra.My Profile

January 14, 2015, 7:44 am

Every good thing in life requires a sacrifice and we moved so many times to earn the reward of an early retirement for my husband. Not gonna lie, living in Texas (sorry Texans) 5 times was no picnic for this northern girl! And as far as physical/exercise goals, there is no easy way…you have to put in the work and that is what I do every week to reach some lofty goals. So proud of what you have accomplished…congrats, you deserve it!
    Pam recently posted…Boston training, 96 days and countingMy Profile

January 14, 2015, 8:02 am

Beautiful girl! I have loved watching your journey!
    Krysten recently posted…#RealFoodRestart Challenge – 30 Day Sugar DetoxMy Profile

January 14, 2015, 8:52 am

Its nearly impossible to accomplish goals without any sort of sacrifice. Whether that’s sacrificing certain foods and drinks in order to succeed in living a healthy lifestyle, whether that’s sacrificing certain purchases in order to save for larger purchases down the road, or whether that’s sacrificing time doing personal activities in order to make sure that you reach professional success. We all have to make sacrifices in order to achieve and accomplish goals.
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Gorton’s Realistic Resolution GiveawayMy Profile

January 14, 2015, 2:12 pm

Killin’ it girl! You are amazing!! 🙂
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Hiding Vegetables In Your FoodMy Profile

January 14, 2015, 3:42 pm

Girl you are amazing!!!!!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…#RnRNola Training Week 6!My Profile

January 15, 2015, 9:16 am

youre such an inspiration to us all. so excited to kick off my year with you by my side.
    Haley recently posted…Post Baby Body: 4 Months PostpartumMy Profile

January 15, 2015, 10:51 am

HI Katrina! That’s so cool you spoke at that event. I used to live in Orlando and have a friend that attended the event last weekend. I too left behind a safe corporate job to pursue fitness and writing full time, and it’s not been a clear-cut path, but worth every little bit of effort. Props to you, lady! 🙂
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…A Thursday well-suited for Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

January 15, 2015, 7:58 pm

So amazing, I am so glad you have found what you love and found a way to make it work.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…The NYC Marathon LotteryMy Profile