In this world that we live in we all seem to get caught up on the notion of INSTANT GRATIFICATION, right?
We want EVERYTHING and we want it NOW – I am one who knows this all too well!
Back when I was in my yo-yo dieting days I remember falling into that trap even harder. I wanted to lose weight, quickly and thought that if I took the next fat burner or did the newest diet pounds would just melt off. Well, they may have off and on but they all came back. I HAD TO LEARN THAT A SLOW AND STEADY PROCESS was key to keeping healthy habits going long term and for me to see success in my future.
Did you know these facts about healthy weight loss?
* You have to EAT ENOUGH of the right whole and natural foods to ignite your metabolism
* The average healthy poundage a week for weight loss is 1-2 at most a week
* It takes 3500 calories to lose 1 lb – so you’ve gotta work it off while you monitor what you eat
* It’s a combination of exercise to fine tune the body and use energy + eating the right foods that can be properly utilized BY the body
* Fads and pills will sometimes immediately impact the body, but WON’T help us lead healthy lives fueled by exercise and good food LONG TERM
Don’t let the I WANT IT NOW mentality hinder your ability to do big things with your goals and progress!
It’s always worth the hard work: eating the right foods and learning how to make healthy recipes, building muscle to fill in our curves and features in the body, and seeing gradual change.
Inside and out, taking the slow and steady road will KEEP you at your HEALTHIEST long term!
[Tweet “Slow and steady wins the #WeightLoss race” via @KatrinaElleP]