Personal training came to me after my own personal journey with weight loss and fitness. With everything in life, things can change every day, right? When I took the leap to do fitness full time, I didn’t quite know in what capacity I would do it in, but I just knew that the Big Man Upstairs would guide me to where he needed me to help whomever I could!
I started out as a Personal Trainer back in Florida and transitioned to the world of online coaching and group fitness classes when we landed in Vegas. Once I became a mom, the whole game changed — I knew that I wanted to switch gears and focus my energy and training towards truly seeing others’ results happen by EMBRACING the HARD! With limited hours in the day, I knew I wanted to be sure that the hours I spent training/coaching others was truly to push them to their brink and help them sweat away all of the “ick” from the day! It became a release for me, since I knew how hard it was to lose the baby weight, and I love working with people in groups and one-on-one. I found that TOUGH TRAINER self inside of me again and wanted to kick it back into action! So, I got back into in-person personal training, but knew I would only be able to do that so many days each week and in so many hours each day.
I’ve prayed for a way that I could take my training to anyone anywhere for years now! I’ve always enjoyed working with clients, but when we were unable to workout together [1-on-1 or in small groups] it took that personal connection away. Knowing that I come from the wonderful world of social media, there would be a way one day! That one day came when I attended the IDEA World Fitness Conference as a part of the 2017 Blogfest here in Vegas! In our breakout session, we got to meet with a brand new company called GymGO.
A personal trainer himself and innovator in the fitness field, Donavan Cox wanted to evolve the world of personal training. We have a world fueled by connectivity online, so why not use it to expand the world of personal training? I do love online programs and workouts, but there’s something to be said about personal training; I’m able to work with others to keep them safe and encourage form while personalizing their program specific to them and their needs. I feel that clients can use cardio workouts and others from videos as a buffer or for homework between sessions, but for specified goals personal training is the way to stay focused!
I decided to stop at the GymGO booth while I took some solo time to explore the expo and visit some of our sponsors before heading home.
What do you know?! Gunnar Peterson, a trainer who I admire as an inspiration for all of his work with celebrities and for his “takes no bullsh**” approach, was at the booth with the GymGO crew. As GymGO’s Chief Training Officer, Gunnar told me that he wanted a way to stay innovative as a busy personal trainer who also finds it important to spend his time as a father with his family. It was like he was speaking my language! As a busy mama, I want to be sure to use my pockets of available time for what means the most to me in a day!
I decided to sign up, on the spot, and am ready to go with training online! With GymGO, I am NOW FINALLY ABLE to virtually train clients either 1-on-1 or in small groups (everyone in the small group can be in different locations!) as well as post public workouts and do workouts on demand that anyone who’s a member can join!
Perks of Virtually Training / Teaching online FOR THE CLIENT:
- Convenience of location. You get to choose where you workout! With the mobile app, the possibilities are endless for workouts to be done in the home or even on the go!
- A comfortable environment to train in. I have been that girl in the back of the classroom who didn’t want to take class with everyone else together. I have also been the person in the gym who felt intimidated around big machines and others who looked like they knew what they were doing. In the GymGO environment, we’re both in our comfortable place where we can get down to business!
- Scheduling is easy. There’s no need to worry about business hours for a studio or gym which leaves much more freedom to schedule sessions or classes.
- You can choose the trainer who best fits you and your goals. You can either train with someone who referred you to the platform or even check out other workouts and times offered by other trainers whose style and expertise matches your current focus.
- Accountability that’s easy to access. Without the need to be a member of a gym or location, you can access an expert who can train with you and help you focus on your goals with the click of a button. All you have to do is SHOW UP and do the work!
Perks of Virtually Training / Teaching online FOR THE TRAINER:
- Convenience of location. There’s many times I can train from home certain times of the day, but I can’t leave the house. I can personal train in my designated area of the house even while K naps!
- Ability to use my own training style in a comfortable environment. I’ve worked in many gyms that have limitations on space as well as who have rules around their personal training. In my home, or wherever I decide to train, I am training on my own terms.
- I determine my training rates. Taking time to work with someone one-on-one, creating their personalized workout and progression plan, while motivating them and being a constant support does deserve an investment for the value.
- Flexibility with clientele. I am able to bring on clients I know already who want training flexibility as well as meet new clients who would like to work with me and are on the platform themselves.
- Organize your own training schedule. Without the need to drive to a location, the possibilities are endless! There’s more opportunity to build in a buffer between sessions so that you can structure your training time to best fit your day-to-day life. Work/life balance, friends!
You can check out my PUBLIC Trainer Profile HERE
Email me at KatrinaElleP (at) Gmail (dot) com to chit chat or with any other questions!