My Week in Training: Finding that Fat-Burning Groove

I’ve decided to start posting my weekly training as a means of accountability and to share tips from what I’ve learned over the past week!

It seems like it’s been only a few months since we had The Mini Trainer, but she’s almost a year and a half. Life seemed to take a nosedive when it came to my career and my workouts after so many changes happened in 2017, I promised myself 2018 would be my year to be UNstoppable!

Now that I am in a “happy place” with my load of amazing clients, classes each week, specialty classes around the local area, and keeping my kid busy with ALL of the things it’s GO TIME to begin to share with you the specifics of my weekly training.

If you follow me on my social channels, you know that I’ve acquired a Peloton bike – the Millenium Peloton – which has been an amazing compliment to my week of workouts. It’s been the shift I needed to add in more interval training with cardio along with more endurance training that wasn’t so impactful to my joints. It also allows me to do what I love – workout at home – in a dark corner of our living room so I have #NoExcuses to get it done!

Dani has also encouraged me to post my #plankaday for accountability as I focus on core strength and stability daily!

So, as I share my workouts with you each week, the landscape will pretty much look like this schedule below. Keep in mind that I always change SOMETHING every 6-8 weeks to keep my body on its toes. It could be the output on my bike rides, the pace of my runs, the weight in my strength training – it’s always SOMETHING. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. What works for us one month may not work another so it’s our responsibility to shift as needed. I’m also a believer in the mantra “A body in motion stays in motion and a body at rest stays at rest.” I’m a busy-body since exercise is how I keep my sanity! Also, any BONUS WORKOUTS can mean a walk with my kiddos or playtime at the park; having a foundation is what keeps me grounded and other activities just means I’m staying ACTIVE.

Sunday – Easy Run/Hike + a 30-45 min easy Peloton Ride

Monday – 30 Minutes of Core stability Metabolic Conditioning + 45 min hard Peloton Ride

Tuesday – 20 Minutes of Strength Complex Training + 30-45 min easy Peloton Ride

Wednesday – 20 Minutes of Core stability Metabolic Conditioning + 2 miles with the pup + 45 min Moderate Peloton Ride

Thursday – 45 min easy Peloton Ride + easy hiking/walking

Friday – 10 Minutes of Circuit Training + 45 min hard Peloton Ride

Saturday – 60 Minutes of Endurance on Peloton + whatever else I want

Without further ado,

For the Week of 4/15, Peloton Rides looked like this:

4/15/18 7:13 On Demand Alex Toussaint 45 Theme 45 min #ClubBangers Ride
4/16/18 6:34 On Demand Jess King 20 Theme 20 min Pop Ride
4/16/18 14:26 On Demand Robin Arzon 45 Theme 45 min Hip Hop Ride
4/16/18 15:11 On Demand Jess King 10 Low Impact 10 min Cool Down Ride
4/17/18 6:33 On Demand Alex Toussaint 20 Low Impact 20 min Low Impact Ride
4/18/18 6:30 Live Cody Rigsby 45 Metrics 45 min Metrics Ride
4/19/18 6:13 On Demand Denis Morton 30 Low Impact 30 min Low Impact Ride
4/20/18 14:45 Live Robin Arzon 45 Live DJ 45 min Live DJ Ride
4/21/18 7:11 On Demand Matt Wilpers 60 Power Zone 60 min Power Zone Endurance Ride

Highlights of the week:

Little K started Tumbling class and is a crazy active monkey like her mama.

Tayler and I got our stride back as we began to crunch in some miles before the Donut 5k on 4/19!

I’m officially UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight and feeling like I could lift a car I’m so much stronger now than I was before. I’ve also done so being injury free! #trainsmart

I PRed my 45 minute ride output AND my 60 minute ride output on the Millenium Peloton! DJ John Michael was a doll and used one of my fave new songs which was huge motivation (A shoutout never hurt nobody either!) I pushed on my 60 minute ride with Matt Wilpers which means I also need to adjust my Power Zones since my legs are getting even more powerful! One thing I love about the bike is that is never gets easier, I just get stronger!

My clients are all seeing huge performance gains and it only motivates me to see that THEIR hard work is paying off too! It’s not rocket science, honestly, but it is about sheer grit and determination to see goals happen through EFFORT!

What specifics about my Peloton rides or workout would you like to see each week?
How do you make adjustments every 6-8 weeks to your training schedule so you keep seeing progess?