My back is going to be so happy!

Wow I can’t believe today is already Day 28 (#Move) of our #HOLIDAYADAY photo challenge! Have you jumped in yet? It’s not too late!
As I prepare for allergy testing on Monday, I was told to not take any antihistamines for a week prior. Today is day 5 – it’s going to be a long 3 more days! I miss my Claritin … and Allegra… and Zyrtec. Sometimes I sit there with a sideways face on as I attempt to not sneeze, and still sneeze anyway. To those who see me in person before Monday, “My bad.”
One big Christmas present hubs and I wanted to get each other this year was a new bed! It was about time we got with the program and looked into the wonderful world of MEMORY FOAM!
Being the frugal gal that I am, I was a bit skeptical about buying a memory foam bed solely due to cost. However, after much consultation with many valuable resources I realized that my posture and joints deserved to have lovely nights of sleep! AND whenever hubs decided to get up at all hours of the night to raid the pantry- I mean, IF he were to get up at all hours of the night to raid the pantry – I could sleep soundly, not feeling a thing! Plus my LMT said that my poor back is always out of wack since I sleep like a weirdo on my stomach with my head turned. I’ve tried to sleep on my back, it’s not happening.
After looking and looking online, we decided to venture out this week to try some of our favorite models in person. Between two stores, the second being one being inhibited by semi-scary salesmen, we decided to go with the first store and their lovely selection and service. After some side-sleep testing, we found our bed!
 AND we got a free 32″ HDTV with the deal – YAHOOOO!!
semi-photo of said purchased bed
It should come on Saturday. I have a feeling I will have a hard time waking up for a recovery run Sunday lol. I will blame it on the foam – it might not let me go.
Are you picky with your bed?

Oh and I’m waiting on final word to share some SUPER AWESOME NEWS with you guys…I probably can spill it this weekend!

December 28, 2012, 12:50 pm

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and… Oh wait, nobody should fall off your bed. Hooray for big gift items like that. I’m not really particular when it comes to beds but my hubby is. I can’t tell you how many mattresses I had to lay on in the store. Tres, tres embarassing for moi. I hope you love it!

December 28, 2012, 1:14 pm

Haha same with mine! I just know ours is overdue…it was also pre-Kat…eww lol!

December 28, 2012, 1:23 pm

We are mattress shopping too!

I never knew how difficult it would be to find the ‘perfect’ one!

I had fun jumping on all of them…wait.. I mean…testing them out.

December 28, 2012, 2:00 pm

I’m all about the sleeping on my stomach; laying down on my back doesn’t seem comfortable at all to me. Hang in there with the sneezing … and can’t wait for the news! 🙂

December 28, 2012, 2:41 pm

Me too! I’m a tummy sleeper….for life!

December 28, 2012, 2:33 pm

Soooooo jealous!!! You are going to be so comfy! WHAT’S the news!!! So curious now!

December 28, 2012, 2:41 pm

Ill be in this thing all weekend! Haha wait for ittttt

December 28, 2012, 2:36 pm

Oh, I’ve been coveting a memory foam mattress but have been hesitant because of the cost. Can’t wait to hear how you like it. Good luck with your allergy testing. We have to do the same when we bring our boys in for testing and I feel so badly for them without their antihistamines!

December 28, 2012, 2:42 pm

I’m dying, I want my meds! 😉 there’s great holiday sales on beds right now! 😉

December 28, 2012, 3:21 pm

Nice!!! We need a new bed too…or at least a new mattress. Ours is hard…I hate it. And I can tell it hurts my hips. One day…! Hope the allergy testing goes well and you can keep the sneezing in check until then!

December 28, 2012, 5:12 pm

i feel the ickiness in my hips too! I think it’s worse this week when I know we’re getting a new one too 😉

December 28, 2012, 3:38 pm

I have a semi-memory foam bed. It’s a regular bed with a top layer of memory foam and it is amazing. Seriously every person that sits or lays on it, tells me how comfortable it is. And it’s true. Sadly that’s the bed I have in my parents house and my apartment bed is not anywhere near this nice. Hopefully I’ll get a new one soon too. You’ll love this ome!!

December 28, 2012, 5:13 pm

Aw that stinks, I’ve heard great things and can’t wait!

December 28, 2012, 4:01 pm

Oh man!! We just bought a new mattress about 6 mo ago! It was sooooo needed. We were sleeping on two twins pushed together that weren’t the same height and one of them was an adjustable orthopedic bed. TERRRRRRIBLE. I always had a neck/backache. But we ended up getting a firm mattress with a memory foam eurotop and I LOVE it. I have issues getting out of the bed I’m so comfy, but definitely feel much more rested. I would have liked a full memory foam, but it was just way to hot.

Can’t wait to find out about your news!!

December 28, 2012, 5:14 pm

oh no! That’s so crazy you slept so uncomfortably girl! Both of our pre-us beds are due to be thrown out..I feel it in my back and hips really bad. I can’t wait! It’s a long weekend too! Someone’ll have to peel me out to go run and then to not run back to bed 😉

December 28, 2012, 4:07 pm

How fun to get a new mattress. I guess that’s something I’ve never really thought about besides the time that I bought a bed in college, but I got that at Ikea so just went with the mattress that fit. I sleep on my stomach with my head turned too. It’s the only way I can sleep. Can’t wait to hear your news!

December 28, 2012, 5:15 pm

Yep I sleep like that and can’t wait to spend the weekend in this thing! besides running, I’ll be in the bed the whole weekend lol

December 28, 2012, 5:09 pm

Mattress envy!!! We desperately need a new one.

December 28, 2012, 5:26 pm

Niceeeeee bed plus tv deal! I live sleeping on my stomache with my head turned too! How do people sleep on their backs?!

December 28, 2012, 5:36 pm

You should see our old TV too, it’s a double whammy! 😉 I have NO idea how people sleep on their backs!

December 28, 2012, 8:58 pm

I love #holidayaday! Can’t wait to hear how you like your new bed, we could really use one (ours is about 6 years old).

December 28, 2012, 10:14 pm

So glad you’re enjoying the photo challenge! I’m kind of sad it’s almost over!

December 29, 2012, 12:15 am

I have a memory foam pillow and it is the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world. So happy for you.

What do you wear to an allergy test? Can you dress up as a bee?

December 29, 2012, 12:15 am

Oh that is one item we weren’t afraid to spend $$ on! Can’t beat a good nights’ sleep!!

December 29, 2012, 3:30 am

Oooh, awesome purchase! We really need to update ours… we just keep putting it off because it’s good enough. Hope the next few days aren’t too miserable!

January 1, 2013, 8:38 pm

I remember when I first got my “big girl” mattress.. Man, it was like sleeping on a cloud!! Congrats.. hope it’s awesome!