WDW Weekend: The Expo

When we got to the Disney Resort the Thursday before race weekend, I immediately wanted to head over to the Fitness and Health Expo to check out what was going on and to grab my packet! I was probably driving hubby nuts because I was so giddy!

The awesome thing about staying on the resort – you never have to drive!

I was able to choose the option of “close to transportation” when we checked in online for our room, so we were literally steps from a resort bus stop! It sure beat navigating through the Disney property (huge) and parking.

Ready to expo it up!
We were split between two sections of the ESPN Wide World of sports to get my bib on one side and then my shirt in the other. I initially was in Corral C, but with my Women’s Half proof was able to move up to Corral A!
Keep in mind we were on the resort all weekend…so it was inevitable that we’d make multiple trips to the expo πŸ˜‰ It was on one of those repeat trips that I duped hubby into letting me register for the Disneyland Dumbo Dare and his first 10k there that weekend in August too!
The only downside: the shirts were unisex. Even an XS in OSFA is big on me {shrug}
There were so many booths! It was big as the Gasparilla expo, just on a bit of a larger scale in regards to space. There was just about every shoe company represented as well as huge sections for Disney race merchandise. At the Team Sparkle booth I bumped into Kelly from According to Kelly and we got to meet for the first time after being Twitter buds!

The craziness, hubs registering for runDisneyland, me with Kelly, and me signing up for the Dumbo Double Dare!
On the Friday before race day, I worked with the Brooks peeps at the expo and helped people get fitted for the line of Brooks sneakers available as well as mingle with other Brooks I.D.s and Shoe Gurus – I learned SO much! Quiz me on Brooks shoes! lol…well, let me study first ….
 I’d been tweeting I’d be at the expo in the morning, and my pal Dani from Weight off of my Shoulders said she’s stop by – promise kept!

Dani and I
I even got to see her on race day – but more on that later πŸ˜‰
We went back a 3rd time (yep!) after the race so that I didn’t stiffen up my legs and so that hubs could grab something he’d seen at one of the booths. Good thing I did because I got to meet up with my other blend, Mindy, from RoadRunnerGirl! She’s been a great blend of mine who I’ve done the #HolidayADay challenge with and who is also on the #GoalGetter2013 team!

Mindy and I outside of ESPN WWS Grill
What?! Meeting 3 blends in one weekend?!
I really loved this expo! It gave us a chance to see all different products and parts of the Wide World of Sports. The early sign up for Disneyland Half Marathon weekend was an added bonus! We tried to see some of the speakers, but since they were on the other side of the property, by bib pickup, the amount of people there made it hard to go back and forth. I was okay with that though!
Next post –  WDW Weekend: Race Recap!
Did you go to the expo? Thoughts? Have you ever been to the Wide World of Sports?

January 15, 2013, 1:20 pm

Love the pics! I can’t wait to read about your race recap!!! Cheers Tara!

January 15, 2013, 1:57 pm

Thanks Tara, be ready it’s a long one πŸ˜‰

January 15, 2013, 1:40 pm

Reading recaps get me excited for the Princess half! I’ll be running the Dumbo Double Dare as well πŸ™‚

January 15, 2013, 1:58 pm

Yay ill be at both! I loved Disney and staying there made me spoiled!

January 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

great pics! I can’t imagine the amount of people flowing through. I’m crazy with crowds. can’t wait to read the race recap! and YAY that G is signed up with you!

January 15, 2013, 1:58 pm

Thanks! I had to spread out the Disney posts into 4! So many pics and things that went on! Lol, the recap is a long one!

January 15, 2013, 2:38 pm

The Disney expos are great. They’re so much fun, but they’re so so crowded. I’m thinking about driving over and back on Friday before Princess to pick up my bib so that I can actually get a Princess shirt. I don’t know if they’ll sell out this year, but with it being the 5th anniversary who knows. I’m glad you had such a good time and a great experience at the expo! I’m sure it was so much fun working with a company that you love so much!

January 15, 2013, 2:48 pm

Oh so fun!!! And how great is it that you met all those awesome ladies!

I wanna go one day πŸ™‚

January 15, 2013, 3:34 pm

You would love it! I’m doing Cali in August/Sept (Labor Day USA weekend) and can’t wait – definitely a great race/vacation experience!

January 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

Looks so fun! A Disney race is definitely on my bucket list πŸ™‚

January 15, 2013, 3:35 pm

You’d love it! And you could bring the little one, stay on the resort, and use the shuttle to go everywhere!

January 15, 2013, 4:06 pm

I love that you call blogger friends Blends! ha ha ha…so good! Looking forward to reading your race re-cap!

January 15, 2013, 4:42 pm

haha blogger friends, get it?! πŸ˜‰ It was so much fun meeting people IRL – I just ran up and hugged ’em – recap will be a doozy, be forewarmed! πŸ˜‰

January 15, 2013, 6:03 pm

Sounds like a fabuous expo! Expos are like my birthday & Christmas. LOVE THEM! If I end up running the Seattle Rock & Roll I will probably volunteer to work in the Brooks booth.

January 15, 2013, 6:13 pm

WOOOHOO AWEsome! You really make me want to sign up for this adventure next year!

January 16, 2013, 1:48 am

Awesome Expo recap. You definitely made the most of your time and the photos are really cute. I agree about the race shirts…definitely like the ones from the Princess race better since they are women’s cut. I know I promised to stop by at the Brooks booth, but with Goofy Challenge on the horizon, I got really nervous about needing the rest. (I am old after all!) We will definitely catch up Princess Weekend when I am only running the half!

January 16, 2013, 1:52 am

No worries! I should have rest more and was too restless lol

January 16, 2013, 5:00 am

LOVED this update and so excited for you..I’m like, counting the minutes until I head to Disneyland for the Tink! You rocked it lady!

January 16, 2013, 11:40 pm

That’s awesome you met so many blends!

January 17, 2013, 10:42 pm

That’s the Tink that talked me in to buying my wings!!! I am so bummed I didn’t wait it out to chat with you, you were just so busy at your booth that I didn’t want to interrupt.

January 19, 2013, 10:59 pm

So wish we could have met up! I only made it to the expo once as I was still sick over the weekend and needed to rest for Goofy as much as possible. Glad you got to meet others, Kelly was there when I was too and she helped me pick out my Marathon outfit.