#GoalGetter2013 Update: February!

Here’s a recap with updates of what I’ve set out to do this year along with some tweaks for #GoalGetter2013! (See original post HERE for complete details and a list of the fabulous ladies I’m partnering with)

February flew by! I almost didn’t realize that March just started – time to keep putting in work ya’ll!

Personal Goals for 2013
1. Stop saying “no” so much to hubby. (Lol, all of the wife’s out there know what I mean.) – work in progress 😉
2. Purchase my CPT kit to certify by Summer 2013 – BOUGHT & PAID FOR! Studying away!
3. Continue our 15 hours a week (at least) commitment for hubby/wife QT – Check!
4. Pay off the rest of our debt – still a work in progress
5. Read my bible, continue to, daily – I get updates from my Daily Bible app, gets it done daily!
6. Do random acts of kindness spontaneously – I’ve done a few!

Fitness Goals for 2013
1. Continue my 6 in 6 months goal through April – Yes! I’m on to #5
2. Start crossfit to increase strength – I did it for 5 weeks and am about try out another box!
3. Ride my bike more – does the bike at the gym count? lol
4. Run with hubs as he rehabs his ankle, sign him up for a race – He’s signed up for Miles for Moffit (5k) & the Dumbo Double dare 10k in Aug!
5. Train for & safely run my first full Marathon – this will begin in the summer, my coach is already working on a plan
6. Make yoga my friend again and do it regularly – I stretch more, just don’t take official yoga classes

Bling bling!

Things I’m looking forward to in 2013
1. 4 Disney Races! – the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare is next, just finished the Princess Half! (yesterday’s post)
2. Runcations: Austin, Myrtle Beach,Washington D.C., Disneyland in California, Las Vegas too!
3. FitBloggin 2013 in Portland in June – almost time!
4. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary in May – Booked!
5. Doing my first Full Mary, hopefully, at MCM!See my button up in the top right hand corner? That’s my fundraising button where you can read up about my journey to my first half marathon and how I’m now working towards the MARINE CORP MARATHON on OCT 27th this year!! How exciting?!

slap bracelets = fantastic

Time to post your #GoalGetter2013 photos to Instagram!
Feel free to grab a button on my right sidebar to represent!
How have you been doing with your 2013 goals, give me an update!
Any progress is progress still! 😉

March 1, 2013, 1:27 pm

I love your goals. Your personal goal to not say “no” so much is one that I have. Let me know how it goes, cause I’m failing on that one myself.

March 1, 2013, 1:38 pm

Way to go Kat!!!! You’re doing awesome with your goals!!!

March 1, 2013, 1:39 pm

You are crushing your goals, Kat! I’m pretty sure unstoppable is the perfect term to describe you.

PS – Please take me to Portland. I don’t even have to go to FitBloggin. I just want to go to Portland. I’ll even pay the overweight baggage fee. 😉

March 1, 2013, 4:27 pm

Aw shucks, thanks G! I’m trying to keep up with YOU! haha, please come to Fitbloggin – it’ll be a blast!

March 1, 2013, 2:22 pm

You are a machine! You’re inspiring b/c I am exhausted looking at your goals and thus need to make some new ones myself. Thanks for being my friend, friend. 🙂

March 1, 2013, 4:28 pm

Thanks Bethie! I know you can tackle anything, you beast, you! xo

March 1, 2013, 3:07 pm

Agreed! Any progress is progress still 🙂

March 1, 2013, 4:39 pm

Already on #5? Awesome! My fitness goals have been going well although I never set any in concrete. I haven’t ran an organized race in years, I like just doing what I feel like doing- ran about 50 miles in February! And I’ve been trying to stretch more too- very important!

March 1, 2013, 6:31 pm

Thanks Kelly! You should totally sign up for one!

March 1, 2013, 5:57 pm

Way to go Kat! Looks like you are on your way to finishing your goals. I am looking for my CPT test date for the beginning of April. I’ll let you know how it goes.

March 1, 2013, 6:32 pm

Thanks Brad! I’m going to call around May to test in the summer – learning so much!

March 1, 2013, 7:44 pm

I’ve been married 14 years. I need to work on that “say no to hubby less often” goal myself. LOL.

March 1, 2013, 7:45 pm

I would like to think that I am keeping up with my goals pretty well but it is hard when they are up in the air. I didn’t want to overwhelm myself this year because it is a very challenging time in my life. After five years, I will finally be graduating from college. Everybody asks if I will be moving back home 1000 miles away, but nobody (including myself) is expecting me to. The challenge right now is figuring out if I will be able to find a job and where will it be. I don’t even know what I want to do with my life. Did I mention I plan to move into a nicer place but my lease is up right before graduation so I will be juggling job searching with apartment hunting and I should probably secure a job and then find an apartment close to it. I don’t know what I’m going to do but if I can make it until 2014 and have a begun to blaze a new trail, I will be content.

March 1, 2013, 8:21 pm

You are doing awesome with your goals too little lady! Keep it up! Can’t wait to hear about your marathon training plan. MCM is on my race bucket list.

March 1, 2013, 10:01 pm

You are doing AWESOME!
    Not saying “no” is on my unpublished list. My mom subscribes to my blog! 😉 I wouldn’t say I’m failing on that one, but I could be doing better.
    My fitness goals are on track and, so far, I’m not losing steam. Joining challenges and having other people encourage/guilt each other helps. 😉

March 1, 2013, 10:43 pm

Wooo hoo MCM super early long runs! Can’t wait…. I say this now…
    You’re killing it so far this year and I’m sure you’re going to keep that momentum going over the next 10 months 🙂

March 2, 2013, 12:20 am

So far so good… milage is getting up there and endurance is building. About a month away until the true test. Only time will tell. Keep building.

Great job so far…

March 2, 2013, 12:30 am

You’re right–February flew by! Your goals are a great mix of fitness and life stuff–perfect balance. 🙂

March 2, 2013, 3:35 am

I am so proud of you!!! You are crushing your goals! Keep it up! I am hoping to get my post up tomorrow.

March 2, 2013, 4:17 am

You don’t take on much at all ;-).

Great job! Especially on number one. Sadly it’s fact that a lot of us do find that tough. Everything gets stressful and hectic and we can’t relax and … yeah.

March 2, 2013, 5:13 pm

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you
    relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on
    just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something
    informative to read?

my site local real estate agencies

March 2, 2013, 10:12 pm

Love your NASM goal! I really want to do it! Not for a career, per say, just for personal knowledge. Im inspired!

March 3, 2013, 12:05 am

Nice work on the goals!!! LOVE your NASM goal! I’m working on getting my running coach certification and holy moly it’s tough to find the time to study!

March 3, 2013, 12:06 am

You are doing really well on your goals! I’m planning on getting my CPT certification this year as well and probably go with ACE. Good luck with your certification and let us know how it goes!

March 3, 2013, 12:34 am

#1 goal for 2013 – train and run my first marathon injury free. Working on it right now and it’s going great so far!

Great work on your goals!

March 3, 2013, 12:58 am

You did really well this month so much going on. I love that so many of your goals involve your relationship with your hubby. It shows how much you love him and how much you value your relationship. Also, you are killing those half marathons girl.

March 4, 2013, 5:50 pm

I appreciate sharing your goals for 2013! It feels as though I have been so busy from the start of the new year and haven’t really paid close attention to my goals. I guess it’s never too late to make goals so i’ll be making some of my own for the month of March and beyond! One of my main goals is to get in better shape and to eat smaller meals each day. Thanks for inspiring me!

March 4, 2013, 5:55 pm

Thanks Cami! I definitely think the blog and monthly check ins with the goals keeps me focused!

March 4, 2013, 6:28 pm

Having a blog is a great way to keep track of your goals and motivate you to succeed, look at your cheering section! Go go go! 🙂 As for me, some of my goals were to cook more (I’ve been cooking on a daily basis! I lived with a messy roomie and now that I live by myself I have a spotless kitchen to cook in whenever I please!) and make more time for working out. I love going to the gym but being fully enrolled in college with 20 credits, honors classes, an internship, a part time job, and extracurricular activities through school it is hard to budget my time.

March 4, 2013, 7:17 pm

Awesome progress so far, Kat!!
    So proud of you for trying out Crossfit, and that is amazing that you’re training for a marathon!! How do you find time for hubby in all that? 😉 hehe.. j/k. That is awesome that he is going to run with you!!

March 6, 2013, 6:20 am

Get it, girrrrl! I just posted my February review. I didn’t include it on my blog, but my NASM materials will be here tomorrow. Shhh, don’t tell 😉