Weekly Workouts Roundup Wk 2: SBBC challenge

Happy St. Patty’s day!

This weekend, I decided to cut my mileage short as my IT and right leg is better, but I want to be sure it’ll be gravy for next weekend’s half in Austin! Yesterday, I did 8 (instead of my planned 10) easy long run miles, followed by over an hour of hot flow yoga- boy did I need some stretching out! I’m starting to feel like my legs are screaming at me from running and running since last summer and will welcome a ‘break’ come May!

PSA: Runners! Be sure to stretch more! I know I’ve needed to commit to this too!

I studied and studied yesterday (knocked out 3 chapters this week) so that when we take our trip, my OCDness won’t have me stressing out 😉

So, today I did my 6th #13in2013 ‘race’ virtually, an upper body power superset circuit, and more yoga! (Yay for free yoga for runners on Fios 😉

It’s Weekly Workouts Roundup time too ya’ll! Please join Meghan (who was out this morning setting a half marathon PR!) and I each week as we tally up our weekly workouts – it can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

For the month of March, we’re partnering up with Amanda at Run to the Finish for

Spring Challenge
(FULL details on Run to the Finish’s challenge here)! We’rebe your official post to linkup with each week with your workouts!
Week of 3/11/2013
SBBC Wk 2 Points:
3/10Recovery Run 3 mi (28 min) + crosstraining (45 min) = 7
3/1120 min walk & crossfit class 60 min =8
3/12 5 mile tempo run = 5
3/13Crossfit class 60 min + 2 mi walk (30 min) = 9
3/14 4 mi moderate run + corework (38 min + 35 min) = 7
3/15rest day but did 30 min yoga + 30 min walk = 6
3/16 – long run of 8 miles + yoga 80 min= 16
Total weekly workout points: 58 points!
+ Sharing #bestboot posts (2) & daily water intake (7) & Freggie intake (7)!

It’s that easy ya’ll! Join in the challenge and tally your points on the group site!

How was your week with workouts this week?
Do you study better with quiet or music etc.?

March 17, 2013, 12:56 pm

You are definitely wise to cut back the running before the half. Enjoy Austin!! Wish I was a little closer, I would have loved to meet up!

March 17, 2013, 1:20 pm

Can’t wait to hear how Austin goes. I really need to try yoga – I think between running and CrossFit it will help!!

March 17, 2013, 1:49 pm

Great week of workouts Kat! Definitely stretch those legs…and then stretch some more! 🙂

March 17, 2013, 1:58 pm

Great workout week Kat! Stretching feels so good 🙂

March 17, 2013, 4:15 pm

I want to go to Austin so bad! I love Texas in general and could live there, but only during the winter.

March 17, 2013, 6:29 pm

Awesome week. You and all your cross training are amazing. I need to learn to do more crosstraining. Excited for you for Austin.

March 17, 2013, 8:30 pm

Great workout week! I need to get back to stretching too. Brighthouse has a good video too

March 17, 2013, 10:09 pm

I’ve been loving yoga lately. Stretching out feels so good!

March 17, 2013, 11:04 pm

you, my love, are such an inspiration!! keep on moving mountains and working hard! love you lots! <3

March 17, 2013, 11:50 pm

My workouts this week were great! First time since my injury in August that I have broken 30+ miles in a week! Looks like you got in some great workouts too.

March 18, 2013, 12:03 am

I have the issue of not stretching and rolling enough after runs. Thanks for the reminder!

March 18, 2013, 1:21 am

Great workouts. I am glad you are taking it easier than usual. Can’t wait to hear about Austin!

March 18, 2013, 4:47 pm

It depends on what I am studying but I really like to put on music on that is less lyric based or lyrics that are hard to understand so I don’t get distracted by the words.

March 18, 2013, 4:56 pm

Great workouts this week! Love the pics. I am so excited for you and Zooma Can’t wait to see how you do!

I study better with quiet music with minimal/no lyrics. Sometimes classica, sometimes house/trance,

March 18, 2013, 11:25 pm

great job keeping up with your yoga, lady!! that is awesome! ive become quite the pilates freak these days! love switching things up! <3

March 19, 2013, 10:27 am

Good on you for cutting back before the race. You look insane in your photo! Super strength!!

March 20, 2013, 5:49 pm

I can’t study to music otherwise I start to sing or dance, it is a curse (or a blessing in disguise!). I was a ballet dancer for a majority of my life until I had to have a hip and two ankle surgeries so whenever I hear music I just start to sway. To keep me focused I turn on the news or the history channel as background noise that isn’t overly distracting.