Weekly Workouts Roundup: SBBC challenge Wk 5

Happy Sunday everyone! I’ve been pretty surprised how accomplished we’ve been this weekend fitting it all in! Chore, bike ride, QT, time with friends, errands, working out – all have been done with ease – whoa!
Instead of running my long run like usual Saturday morning, we went for a bike ride all throughout our area. Sheila hadn’t been taken out in a while and her tires needed some major love!

It’s Weekly Workouts Roundup time too ya’ll! Please join Meghan and I each week as we tally up our weekly workouts – it can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

For the month of March, we’re partnering up with Amanda at Run to the Finish for

Spring Challenge

(FULL details on Run to the Finish’s challenge here)! We’ll be your official post to linkup with each week with your workouts!
Week of 3/31/2013
SBBC Wk 5 Points:
3/31Recovery run 3 mi + kickboxing + strength training = 9
4/1 – Crosstraining and bike = 7
4/2 – 3 mi easy run & yoga = 6
4/3 – walk and stretch = 5
4/4 – crosstraining, upper body = 8
4/5 – walking, crosstraining = 6
4/6 – 10 mi bike ride + core work = 12
Total weekly workout points: 53 points!
+ Sharing #bestboot posts (1) & daily water intake (7) & Freggie intake (7)!
This was a tough week for me. Being off from running to let the IT and glutes rest…lol…was a challenge but I didn’t complain about the sleep and easier workouts while recovering a bit. I wanted my Jawbone steps dang it! I challenged myself to take it easy….know I’d be better off in the end…and to just deal with it like a big girl. I really felt like I took the time to implement some of the things I’ve learned with crosstraining and slowed down to focus on form, especially to strengthen my legs.

Disclaimer: I am not a certified personal trainer, yet. I am currently studying through NASM. This workout is not a recommendation, just notes from my own personal workout. Those who try it do so at their own risk and should assess their fitness level before attempting.
I watched what I ate more since I was less active…enjoying my new favorite treats: Healthy Bites! I’ve enjoyed the ones Lindsay sent me and made some of my own (recipe to be linked this week)! Yay for non-bake baking!
My shipment from the Cotters
Lindsay surprised me with a few other flavors besides the chocolate coconut whey bites she sent: including chocolate chip (gluten free) cherry! Yum! These are my new addiction … along with powerbowls, they have made my life easier by getting in quick snacks chock-FULL of nutritious goodies!

How was your week with workouts this week?

What’s your favorite non-running workout?

Don’t forget I’m giving away $25 in charity donations to 4 lucky readers in my most recent GIVEAWAY!

April 7, 2013, 12:15 pm

I had a good week of workouts despite being on vacation. My favorite non-running workout would be strength workouts.

April 7, 2013, 12:20 pm

Despite laying off of running, you still managed to do alot of great workouts! I overdid it the last few weeks, and even forgot to take a day off this week….next week my body needs a bit more rest!

April 7, 2013, 1:47 pm

Mmm, non-bake baking is the best. I love Lindsay’s bites, too! Glad you had such a good week, the bike ride looks fun!

April 7, 2013, 2:02 pm

First, LOVE the shirt in your first pic (I just bought and wore the same one in my last race). My fave non running workout would have to be swimming lately-feels so good to get in a solid workout, but without the pounding on my legs 🙂 Have a great week.

April 7, 2013, 5:02 pm

I wish our pool’s water would get warmer so I can jump in. I hate cold water lol. It’s a great shirt, especially for hotter days!

April 7, 2013, 4:30 pm

I had a good week!! Burned over 3,000 calories and lifted some heavy weights 🙂

April 7, 2013, 6:20 pm

Sounds like a GREAT week!

April 7, 2013, 6:36 pm

I was just thinking I need to bring my bike outside now. It’s still a little chilly so I might have to wear my winter running gear for a ride. I’m so envious of shorts and tanks right now!

April 7, 2013, 6:51 pm

It sounds like it was a good week even though you had to slow down and take it easy. That can be a blessing sometimes. I hope this next week is good for you too!

April 7, 2013, 8:21 pm

Yikes! That burpee workout…
    Oh and love the pic of you on your bike! So cute!

April 8, 2013, 12:02 am

Great workouts. You are doing well letting your body rest, but still getting in work.
    I LOVE healthy bites. My current favorite a Chocolate Cherry Chai.

April 8, 2013, 1:01 am

Nice week getting it all in even while cutting the running. When does the running start up again?

April 8, 2013, 4:46 am

Loving Pilates these days 🙂 Wait, I guess for the past two years isn’t exactly “these days” – Ah ha ha! 😉

April 8, 2013, 11:26 am

Great week in workouts, Kat! I had a pretty good week, too. I got my runs in (albeit they were shorter than normal) and kicked butt at CrossFit!

April 8, 2013, 12:01 pm

My favorite non-running workout right now is hula-hooping!

April 8, 2013, 12:38 pm

Great job Kat! I got all my runs in last week…and ran my last half of the season. My body is now screaming for some rest time!

April 8, 2013, 3:46 pm

Biking is probably my favorite non-running workout! I take my bike everywhere when possible, great alternative to driving and I save money and the environment!

April 9, 2013, 11:53 am

oh yea! thanks for sharing the healthy bite love!!! Love YOU! and great week of workouts friend. Love biking and yoga for non running too

April 10, 2013, 1:55 am

Woohoo for biking! 😉 After completing the bike portion of the triathlon this weekend, I have even more respect for you Floridians–it was SO HOT!