Day 28 of #AugustCoreFocus + a foot update

Whoa – we’re 2 sleeps away from heading to DISNEYLAND!

I wanted to do a costume reveal, but will save that for the actual race weekend this weekend 😉

I ended up having a day of “achy marathoner care” yesterday as I visited my massage therapist and the podiatrist about my foot.

My LMT worked out some kinks in my hammies and calves – OUCH – and said there’s nothing major he sees but to keep stretching after each run – Check!

At the podiatrist, I was told I ended up with a Morton’s Neuroma from the run I did 2 Saturday’s ago. Also known as, I pinched a nerve in my foot. It’s a common running injury, but he said he’s glad that I caught it early. The ice and heat therapy I’d been doing was working, it’d progressively gotten better. He said what probably happened was I became tired going up a hill or bridge, then on the way back down my feet smooshed into the toe of my shoe too quickly, creating the neuroma. Ooooooooh. (insert light bulb) I was also fitted with orthotic inserts to help with my pronation in general to keep assisting me with my form. I feel SO much better just knowing what it was and knowing it was okay to keep going!

I’ll set out to do my last pre-Disney race weekend run today AND this #AugustCoreFocus move!

Today’s Movement for 8/28/13

Remember this move from Day 4 into our challenge? BEAT your time from that day and hold the longest Forearm Plank you can today!
Time/Interval: Hold on baby!

Do you wear orthotics in your shoes?
How long can you forearm plank for and what was your starting point?

August 28, 2013, 10:49 am

Ouch. At least you figured out what it was and can help your foot. Good luck this weekend!

August 28, 2013, 10:52 am

So I’m very slowly doing c25k, since I get terrible shin splints, lol. I’m thinking about getting fitted for shoes. Exciting, no? 🙂 I’m glad your foot is healing, and you at least know what it is now!

August 28, 2013, 11:49 am

Im a slow and short planker so far BUT BUT BUT Im getting better.

August 28, 2013, 11:54 am

I’m glad you figured out exactly what it was and got fitted for orthodics. I’m sure those will continue to support you. Marathon training is so hard on the body!

August 28, 2013, 11:58 am

Good luck this weekend! I would love to RunDisney one day. I’ve been wearing orthotics for YEARS – they really do help prevent injuries when I run. I’ve tried training without them and I always get injured – plantar fasciitis, stress fractures etc.

August 28, 2013, 12:40 pm

So glad you got it checked out girl! Can’t wait to follow you as you runDisney!!!

August 28, 2013, 1:06 pm

Glad your foot is okay! Good luck this weekend!!!

I’m very bummed that my toe has been getting in the way of many of my core moves for the challenge. But, I have been getting in some core work with every workout, so that’s huge progress for me! YAY!

August 28, 2013, 3:10 pm

You’re doing awesome and what’s best for you and your body Carrie- right on!

August 28, 2013, 1:11 pm

Glad you got it checked out and your foot is healing!

August 28, 2013, 1:30 pm

So, so excited for your big weekend! Can’t wait to see your costume too. 🙂

August 28, 2013, 3:53 pm

My planks have improved alot especially from all my recent Yoga classes. See you soon and can’t wait to see your costumes!

August 28, 2013, 3:57 pm

So glad you caught it early! This ended up happening to a friend of mine while she was training for the Disney Marathon, and she didn’t seek treatment until AFTER the race and now she can’t run again, and her docs are telling her to have surgery!

Have a great weekend!

August 28, 2013, 3:57 pm

My hood tried to keeel you. 🙁

Glad you is feeling better though! Have a great time in Cali!

August 28, 2013, 4:00 pm

Love my orthotics! I pinched a nerve on the top of my foot in the winter of 2012 from tying my shoe too tight, so painful! Glad you know what it is and cannot wait to see your Disneyland Half Costume!
    Safe Travels!

August 28, 2013, 4:00 pm

So Happy you got your foot taken care of! ENJOY DISNEY! Hugs to you and pavey!

August 28, 2013, 4:58 pm

I’m glad you have an official diagnosis. I wish I was going with you this weekend! Enjoy your race!!

August 28, 2013, 5:19 pm

Have a blast this weekend! I would have loved to do it! On e day!

Continue taking care of that foot! Glad you know what it is!

August 28, 2013, 9:04 pm

YaY! that you know what your foot issue is and that you can continue to train! My last run is tomorrow, then it’s time to get out of town!

August 29, 2013, 12:15 am

Glad you are moving forward!!!! I have orthotics for flat feet AND I put my new love of AirFeet insoles right on top – they are made to put right on top of existing insoles or orthotics (course with doc approval).. feeling good! 🙂

I LOVE my Rumbleroller & their new beasties to work thru my tight muscles & especially my calves that are very tight due to all I do. 🙂

August 29, 2013, 1:20 am

Yes, just knowing what an injury is is such a relief. Makes you feel like you are on track to healing it.

August 29, 2013, 1:37 am

I’ve thought about going to a podiatrist for my feet issues. Glad to hear yours is working out for you. Can’t wait for your costume reveal. Good luck at Disney. =)

August 29, 2013, 2:41 am

A woman at my gym got a MN from lots of aerobics back in the day. Hope your foot is ok and continues to heal! Have a great race weekend.
    I’m a bit of a plank brute. I think my starting point was 5 minutes and I got up to 12. Love me some plank!

August 29, 2013, 3:00 am

Glad your foot is getting better! Can’t wait to see your running costume

August 29, 2013, 10:52 am

Have a great time at Disneyland!

September 3, 2013, 11:35 am

Could be a stress fracture or a Neuroma, maybe make an appointment with a Podiatrist