#AugustCoreFocus challenge recap – We’ve done it!

I couldn’t be more THANKFUL to all of you who participated with me this past month with the #AugustCoreFocus challenge!

Wow, we did a LOT of core work!

I know I feel a HUGE difference and have opened my mind up to new movements to give myself new variety and keep this up for the long haul! I had to recap this challenge before I dove into Disney recaps because I know I am long overdue!

Even on vaca – never stop staying focused!

My failed attempt at an ‘After’ photo from the challenge

You guys were SO ON TOP OF IT!

I’ve even seen some fabulous daily photos & even before and afters from Instagram and on the #AugustCoreFocus Challengeloop page – you guys are amazing!

How did I make out? I have remained about 1-2 lbs within my weight from marathon training. I DEFINITELY feel a difference with running and my form now that I’ve taken daily core training seriously – even if for 5 minutes I’ve seen improvements I hadn’t felt before!

I know you all are also eager to hear who our winners are of the 11 fabulous prizes that were included with this challenge also!

Mari Davis-Milani – 1 4-pack of original Dreamwater
Nanci of This Crazy Life of Mine – 1 4-pack of Snoozeberry Dreamwater
Alice Weber – 3 month Bulu Box Subscription
Natalie of  This Mama Runs (recap HERE) – 1 8-pack of Perky Jerky
Jill McCormick – Brooks Running Hat
Amy of Running Escapades (recap HERE) – Brooks Running Hat
Yazmin Austiniano – BAMD Band
Sherri L – BAMR Band
Half-Crazed Runner – BAMR Band
Breanna Mecham – BAMR Band
Carrie of Family Fitness Food – 1 Sample pack box of Quest Nutrition Bars

Winners – Your next step is to SETTLE UP on the Challengeloop page – feel free to email me at katwilsonart@gmail.com if having issues and to provide me with your contact info for winnings!

Don’t Fret! I’ve saved all of the challenge movements in a tab above labeled “#AugustCoreFocus Challenge” so you can always go back and do the 31-day challenge whenever you’d like – even use it as a reference for core work when you need a boost or additional ideas!

I’d love to host another challenge, too, which I’ve gotten some inquiry into from participants – after marathon training, that is 😉

What was your biggest #AugustCoreFocus takeaway?
What Future Challenge would you like to see?
What will you do going forward to NOT lose focus?

September 6, 2013, 12:34 pm

Such a great challenge, Kat! I didn’t get it in every day, but I loved the accountability every time I saw your IG or blog posts!

September 6, 2013, 12:51 pm

It was an awesome challenge Kat! I didn’t do it every day due to school starting and my new job (but I did do a plank every day so I got my core work in). I love that you will have it on your blog for future reference! Congrats to all the hard working winners!!!

September 6, 2013, 1:04 pm

I wish I was better at following through on challenges but alas I suck. Even so I enjoyed following along and watching all the posts on my feeds. Way to go girlie! 🙂

September 6, 2013, 1:04 pm

Loves this challenge Kat! As Minday & Laura said, while I didn’t get it in every day I loved the accountability plus I picked up some new moves to include in my workouts! Thanks again!

September 6, 2013, 1:04 pm

I had SO much fun with this challenge. And can I just say that I love that my boy Blue is in the screenshot you shared. Yay Blue! I’m so excited to be one of the winners and can’t wait to try the Snoozeberry Dreamwater. How did you know I need sleep? lol

September 6, 2013, 1:06 pm

I loved this challenge and I’m so happy I won the Quest Bars!! I hope there’s Cookie Dough in the sample pack 🙂 Thank you thank you for hosting. I’m sure it was a lot of work.

I think I settled up? Do I just check the box and click “Settle” – that was kind of confusing. Let me know if I still need to do something.

September 6, 2013, 1:30 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! The challenge was fantastic. While I didn’t continue to follow it after a few days, I am keeping all the great moves.

September 6, 2013, 1:30 pm

Next challenge should focus on booty!!

September 6, 2013, 3:11 pm

Awesome challenge you did! Great job everyone!

September 6, 2013, 4:13 pm

Great job everyone! Love that you have this as a resource now! Will definatly use it as a resource!

September 6, 2013, 4:36 pm

I loved this challenge. Thank you so much for hosting it!!

September 6, 2013, 5:25 pm

This was a great challenge Kat. I just wish I had not experienced an injury smack in the middle of it all. However, I do think my core has improved from the challenges I was able to do! So glad we finally got meet, if only for a second. It was a crazy weekend for us!

September 6, 2013, 8:00 pm

You modified which was super smart – I was SO busy until Tuesday then we had time to play – great screaming at ya 😉

September 6, 2013, 9:56 pm

This was so much fun! I would do it all over again even with no prizes. You gotta do another (hint, hint!). And you helped my sissy build the confidence she needed to sign up for a race. Her 1st ever at 53! Whoohoo! You’re the best! Thank you!

September 6, 2013, 10:37 pm

Loved the challenge! I really had fun participating (even though I didn’t post on the ChallengeLoop all that much…oops!). I definitely noticed a difference in my running and how to continue to work out my core to help my running.

September 7, 2013, 11:30 am

This was the best challenge for me in the summer! I loved learning a bunch of new exercises and how to do some at home without equipment. I’m still on the #injuredrunner list, but I can see a HUGE change in my core! Can’t wait until the next one 😉

September 7, 2013, 5:46 pm

Thanks for leading all of us through this challenge, Kat. Not only did this challenge hold me accountable for working on my core, even on vacation, but I learned a couple additional core exercises that I will definitely be continuing to perform on a regular basis.