Disneyland Racecation: Our Stay

When we planned the Dumbo weekend, we knew we HAD to stay on Disney property! Most people told me about the size difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World – I knew it was much smaller when I saw there was no need for shuttles and you can walk everywhere on the resort! Was that a bad thing for me? No way! I was actually relieved that we could just stay on property and walk all around to see and experience more!

We did take a Disneyland Express shuttle from LAX to get to the park and a Super shuttle to get back to the airport (too early in the am to take the DLE) – so those were the only means of transportation we needed to arrange beforehand. Disneyland’s transportation page lays this out for travelers inquiring about transportation to the resort also.

We received friendly service immediately upon checking into the Paradise Pier hotel! We reviewed the planning DVD before hand (free upon request) and were pleasantly surprised to see everything in reality! The beachy feel was still Disney-esque with themed rooms and appearances along with contemporary dΓ©cor.

We’d requested a king bed, but when we found out they didn’t have the views of California adventure, we made peace with 2 queen beds πŸ˜‰ The room was very spacious and had tons of storage space for both of us to nest our clothes in on day 1 – habit.

My favorite part of the room? The views! Morning, afternoon, night time – you have the most awesome views of Paradise Pier and the Disney California Adventure park!

At night, when the World of Color show is on or even the Fireworks show in Disneyland, you can turn the TV to those designated channels to hear the music synchronized with them!

TL: Night time DCA, TR: Sunrise over the parks, BL: Daytime DCA, BR: sideview of Downtown disney

We spent our cross training time in the gym facilities within the hotel. There were plenty of treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and weight machines for us both to use along with the other guests! You just have to sign a waiver at the front desk and activate your key BEFORE heading up to the gym to access it for use.

Other great benefits of staying on the resort:
1 hour early in each designated park (Magic Hour) on specific days
Within walking distance to Downtown Disney and both Disneyland Parks (1.25 or so miles away)
Within walking distance/access to restaurants in all resort hotels
Wake up calls (even early for race days)
Quick change in your room between races and breakfast time! (with hot weather, the break was nice)
Characters everywhere! Breakfast, in your room – such a fun vacation feel!

We have definitely both bitten the Disney bug when it comes to staying on the resorts. We even attended an hour session on the Disney Vacation Club to learn about their other resorts on 6 continents! While we didn’t make the decision to join just now, it’s got many pros we’d enjoy since we do love to vacation and stay in quality hotels!

Here are my other Disneyland Racecation Recaps in case you missed them!

Do you love staying on the Disney Resort?
What amenities are important to you when choosing a vacation stay?

Happy Monday!

September 16, 2013, 11:56 am

SOOOO JEALOUS.
    must
    get
    back
    SOON.

September 16, 2013, 12:07 pm

Dumbo was my first DL trip. I absolutely fell in LOVE with DL!!! I agree wholeheartedly with you that it is so convenient to just be able to walk EVERYWERE!!! Reading your blog was recreating my weekend there!! Thank you πŸ™‚

September 16, 2013, 12:09 pm

The next time I go back to Disneyland I will definitely stay on property…you can’t beat the convenience and quality! Love the look of the rooms at Paradise Pier!

September 16, 2013, 12:26 pm

Those views are awesome! The best part seems like being able to have everything in walking distance!

September 16, 2013, 12:35 pm

Love staying on Disney property. I would prefer not to go to Disney unless I can stay at one of their convenient hotels. Just call me a spoiled brat! LOL

September 16, 2013, 1:12 pm

Looks amazing!!! I can’t imagine being able to just walk everywhere! I love staying on Disney property!

September 16, 2013, 2:32 pm

Not a Disney girl but I do love a good hotel and a fun vacation. The unique details about Disney properties probably go a long way to make the experience more magical!

September 16, 2013, 3:31 pm

I love Disney! I’ve been to both California and Florida and each has differences but I love them both! πŸ™‚ I only stayed at the Resort in the Florida. It was awesome! πŸ™‚

September 16, 2013, 4:26 pm

Very cute looking hotel room! Love it. I’m off to Disney World in less than 2 weeks so I’ll let you know how I enjoy my first time at the Swan Hotel. Looks pretty swanky! I’m excited.

September 16, 2013, 4:42 pm

looks like a great place to stay. We’ve never been to Disney Land just disney world.

September 16, 2013, 5:53 pm

i’ve been to disney land once. I think i need to go back and follow in your footsteps!

September 16, 2013, 5:54 pm

I always look at their fitness facilities πŸ™‚

September 16, 2013, 6:05 pm

Super jealous of your views! We are always at the Grand Californian, which is beautiful too!

September 16, 2013, 6:39 pm

I haven’t stayed at one of the Disney resorts. So jealous!!

September 16, 2013, 10:17 pm

Looks like you guys had such a good time!!

September 17, 2013, 1:32 am

Totally worth it to stay in the resorts for Disney races. So much more convenient.

September 17, 2013, 1:34 am

Looks like a great place to stay! I love when you can walk to every place.

September 17, 2013, 2:48 am

My sister and her family are Disney Vacation Club members and L.O.V.E. it!!!

September 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

How cute are those rooms? Glad you had such a fun trip and glad you’re back. Now let’s see each other!

September 17, 2013, 4:15 pm

MUST SIGN UP FOR DISNEY RACE ASAP!

September 17, 2013, 7:28 pm

We’re heading to Disneyland for a 3-day stay this weekend and I’m SO excited. We’re booked into the Disneyland Hotel because we like it better than the Grand Californian, especially for the pricing, but we’ve never looked at Paradise Pier Hotel, so I’ll check that out for next time. I’m glad you mentioned the need to sign the waiver in advance before you can access the fitness center because I didn’t realize that last time and missed a planned workout as a result. (No biggie, still got 25K steps in that day just from our adventures!)