Cutting out the Grains! Gluten Free Banana Protein Muffins!

Now that I am on track to do the Grain Brain challenge, I find myself searching for Gluten Free products to help me out both pre-workout and post-workout so that I refuel and also prepare to do some work while still sticking to the plan! It hasn’t been 100% difficult as we don’t eat a TON of grains or gluten – but as any hungry human can understand, being told you CAN’T eat something makes it tougher πŸ˜‰
Fueling properly and finding ways to get creative!

I’ve even found GF probiotics that taste like heaven, thanks Kevita!

I’ve discovered another yummy series of Grain Brain friendly products via All-Pro Science (APS)!  They answer the call as their products are Gluten Free AND their Whey Protein is Grass Fed!

Double Whammy!

The Pre Charge is loaded with a blend of powerful B Vitamins, Electrolytes, Amino Acids and less caffeine than a cup of coffee, PreCharge is specially formulated to keep you going during the most intense workouts. I was able to try the Blueberry ice flavor with was divine!
The Complete 100% Grass Fed Whey protein was one I was truly excited to try. Many proteins are going Gluten Free lately, but some lack the flavor of other marketed blends. I was able to try the Banana Creme flavor and mixed it with almond milk, as I do with most protein powders. It was delicious! I had no tummy or bloating issues and the mix blended easily in my Blender Ball shaker! I was able to use it also in an easy Banana Protein Muffin recipe! (I know that Dr. Perlmutter encourages moderation when it comes to fruits, so these are a ‘sweet treat’ that is also #GBChallenge friendly – not to be eaten glutinously of course πŸ˜‰
Ingredients:
1 can of pumpkin
1 mashed banana (I know banana’s have a higher GI than most fruit, but added sweetness without sugar in this recipe)
1 egg (beaten)
2 palms full of Enjoy Life GF mini chips
1 1/2 scoop of APS Complete Banana Crème protein
1 tbs all-natural Stevia
1/2 cup almond meal/flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
Method:
Preheat oven to 385 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Beat egg, set aside. Mash banana and then mix with egg and pumpkin. Mix together all ingredients, adding in chips at the end. Put into a muffin pan – yielding 12 muffins. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Disclaimer: I was sent APS products to review in exchange for a post. All opinions are my own.
APS has also offered a code for my readers: Sneakers40
which will get you 40% off! How awesome?!
You can find them on Twitter * Facebook & Instagram too!
Do you avoid grains in your diet and how?
Would you try Gluten/Grain free foods just for the sake of trying them?
&
The Winner of the Xperiencedays.com $50 Gift code is:
Nichole (Crews!)
Please email me Nichole with your email info for your code!

November 8, 2013, 12:13 pm

can i come sample?? YUM!

November 8, 2013, 12:17 pm

mmm, the recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

November 8, 2013, 12:23 pm

Those look delicious! I try to stay grain and soy free for thyroid health. I have a harder time eliminating the soy!

November 8, 2013, 12:53 pm

Please send a few to Canada πŸ˜‰

November 8, 2013, 1:51 pm

I don’t know if I’d actually go grain free just for the sake of it. It would be really difficult for me. But I commend you for trying it out. I would definitely try the recipe out. It looks delicious.

November 8, 2013, 8:26 pm

It’s helped me out tummy wise, we’ll see how the whole challenge goes too!

November 8, 2013, 1:51 pm

OH those look so yummy! Good luck with the challenge Kat!

November 8, 2013, 2:12 pm

These look tasty. Definitely pinning. I have mixed feelings about totally grain free – unless it’s a medical issue. I guess I say that b/c so many are jumping on the GF bandwagon thinking of it as a way to lose weight vs trying to eat healthier and then when people do have serious issues, I think they sort of get “that look” like uh huh sure… If that makes sense.

November 8, 2013, 8:27 pm

Yea I definitely look at it from a standpoint of wanting to eat more WHOLE foods, not for weight loss purposes unless it’s medically necessary – the book helps explain the impact of gluten sensitivity vs an allergy too

November 8, 2013, 2:57 pm

I’ll trade you muffins for Spandits. Muahahahah!

November 8, 2013, 4:16 pm

Those muffins look amazing!! And yay for winning!!

November 8, 2013, 6:55 pm

Yum! Those muffins are calling my name! I feel the same way- feeling like I can’t have grains makes me want them all the more.

November 8, 2013, 11:53 pm

I’m up for trying anything even if I don’t feel like I “need” to be gluten free. Open minded works for me!

November 9, 2013, 12:12 am

Those look really yummy!!

November 9, 2013, 3:31 am

I say more power to you guys trying this grain brain thing… πŸ™‚ I am not Paleo or gluten resistant or anything like that so… I just don’t like cutting out whole food groups BUT to each their won as I always say so hope you end up liking it! πŸ™‚ The older I get, the less I am willing to do these things. πŸ™‚

November 9, 2013, 11:19 am

NOMS! I’m the same way with food–as soon as you tell me not to eat something, I can’t stop thinking about it. Even if it’s something I don’t particularly like, for example vanilla ice cream (chocolate is a different story).

November 11, 2013, 5:40 am

IF I COULD DO DAIRY, I’d be ALLLLLLLL Over that protein powder!!! FINALLY! Grass-FED !!