Keeping focused during the holidays! + Tis the Season #3

OH WHAT FUN IT IS to get back to the grind after Turkey Day and a midst the Christmas Holiday! (singing in my really bad karaoke voice 😉

BUT – It’s not impossible!

EASY doesn’t make us PERSEVERE – TOUGH STUFF DOES!

I’ve been doing my best to fit in workouts between jobs and getting it all done! It can be a tough challenge, but I find that higher intensity workouts done in a short duration of time are KEY!

All the more reason I am loving these workouts to much:

And trust me, they’re NOT EASY!

Need more ideas? Here’s some sample workouts!

Need MORE motivation?!

To keep up with my Tis the Season for Giveaways [leading up to Christmas] with #3 – I’m giving away a Runner’s Prize Pack to keep ya motivated!!

WIN a Runner’s Prize Pack:
* Insulated Brooks Run Happy Tote
* Run Happy Visor
* Protein Packs
* Hammer & Gu Electrolyte tabs
* Injinji Socks
* Runner’s World Shaker bottle
* Water Bottle
Nothing like SWAG to Motivate ya, right?
Enter here:
How do you stay motivated around the holidays?
Do Quick Workouts get you movin’ easier than trying to fit it all in?

December 3, 2013, 12:17 pm

As cliche as it sounds, just the feeling of working out is motivation enough. I want to feel good so why not do what makes me feel the best?

December 3, 2013, 12:25 pm

I stay motivated by trying on the jeans I was given last Dec and making sure they still fit!

December 3, 2013, 12:42 pm

This is the first holiday season where I have cared about staying in shape, so my motivation this year is setting a new precedent. If I stick to it now, then next year I will know when I’m off track. Plus, I’ve gotta be ready for ski season!!

December 3, 2013, 1:03 pm

just MOVE! quickie workouts are fantastic… i always just try and keep moving throughout the holidays, whether itz intense or not!

December 3, 2013, 1:03 pm

I stay motivated by joining a challenge this time of year. I’m doing the Runner’s World Challenge, and trying to get at least one mile in from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day!

December 3, 2013, 1:09 pm

For me, it’s not about seasons, or holidays, but really listening to my body, how it’s feeling and giving it what it needs. My motivation is not always at the same level, but my motivation to be a healthier, happier me is always present 🙂

December 3, 2013, 1:46 pm

I do not look for short time frame workouts but these look good. I am going to pin them to my fitness board so I have them later when I am looking for something quick. I love, in the hecticness of the holidays, to do a long, slow run.

December 3, 2013, 1:57 pm

I stay motivated during the holidays because I’m usually training for a big race and have no other choice but to get those runs in! Love the workouts…pinning! 😉

December 3, 2013, 2:18 pm

Since I am training for the Dopey Challenge, I can’t let me training slide….and all the sweets lately are killing my workouts….need to step away from the candy!

December 3, 2013, 2:22 pm

This is the first holiday season that I’m training for a race, so my motivation is to stick to my training plan and finish my last couple of weeks of training for January’s half!

December 3, 2013, 2:26 pm

I stay motivated by making a plan for the new year. Maybe a race in January or February.

December 3, 2013, 3:34 pm

Signing up for a race in January is what keeps me motivated running wise.

December 3, 2013, 3:36 pm

I stay motivated by posting my workouts, it holds me accountable!

December 3, 2013, 5:37 pm

I have a race in February so I need to keep training

December 3, 2013, 5:44 pm

Agreed short and sweet are sometimes the most intense workouts I do!

December 3, 2013, 7:22 pm

You know my routine. I love T-25. It’s perfect for the busy holiday season. And it compliments my marathon training perfectly. I told a friend of mine about your Insanity class and she might come out and see you. She lives not too far away from your gym. =)

December 3, 2013, 9:10 pm

Christmas music just makes me feel like being in a better mood! A friend from high school used to have Christmas music blasting in her house starting in July – her Dad LOVED Christmas music!

December 3, 2013, 9:23 pm

I live this tear round & since I have been at it so many years, it is just second nature to me.. 🙂 I also belong to a 24 hour gym. 🙂

December 4, 2013, 12:24 am

Love your workout ideas! I never struggle too much with motivation- it’s a priority and I make it happen!

December 4, 2013, 2:22 am

One way I’m staying motivated during the holidays is participating in the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge from Amanda @ Run to the Finish! Earning points through workouts and eating fruits + veggies motivates me, and the accountability on the Facebook group keeps me in check!

December 4, 2013, 2:30 am

I keep races on the calendar.

December 4, 2013, 12:11 pm

the same way as always. what I can when I can—and DONE!

December 4, 2013, 12:24 pm

Staying fit and healthy is a lifestyle for me. Make workouts non-negotiable, like any other appointment on your calendar.

December 4, 2013, 12:34 pm

heck ya! i am so using these to stay motivated. thx!

December 4, 2013, 7:10 pm

Wuhoo! Go girl! Your workouts sound so tough! 🙂
    It’s getting really cold up here in OHIO but I make sure I still get my scheduled runs. I play Christmas music in my Ipod to get me in the Christmas mood while running.

December 8, 2013, 4:05 am

I’m struggling right now due to a knee injury and now a week of being sick. I decided one thing I could keep up with is push-ups. If I can knock those out every other night, I usually feel up to a couple of ab or glut exercises. Something is better than nothing until I can get back to running.

December 8, 2013, 1:18 pm

IT’S BEEN VERY DIFFICULT SO I HAVE been trying to go to the gym on my lunch hour!