Weekly Workouts Roundup Wk of 11/24

Time to work off that GOBBLE!
This is my usual Sunday post – Link up with Meghan & I as we recap our workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup! It can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

Week of 11/24/2013
11/24- Spectating the Women’s Half marathon – PM Insanity Class
11/25- Insanity practice + T25
11/26 – TRX cardio circuit
11/27 – Easy Run + Strength/TRX Circuit
11/28 – T25 Upper Body
11/29 – Rest Day
11/30 – T25

I was SO SUPER EXCITED this week when this came in the mail:

I’ve recently decided to partner with the company that makes programs like P90x, T25…and oh yeah, INSANITY – which you all know, I’ve grown to learn and love! It means that I not only joined the Insanity Instructor’s group as a Pro Team member, but am also part of the Beachbody family as an Independent Beachbody coach aka an all-access 24/7 Fitness Coach – yay for being able to coach virtually!!!  {{ Feel free to check out MY COACH PAGE by the Insanity Instructor badge on my RIGHT sidebar! }}

When I signed up I knew I HAD to have Shaun T’s new workout: T25 – AND I AM IN LOVE!

In many ways it’s not “as hard” as Insanity but in other ways, I am MORE SORE from T25. The comparison lies in the focus on strength and form that T25 gives with progressions through functional movement – compared to the all-out blast of MAX Interval training that Insanity delivers – they are both awesome in their own ways! I can squeeze in T25 to focus on core, upper/lower body, etc. and also “practice” Iinsanity or even teach my class I’ve started doing on Wednesdays at my gym!
I did attempt a ‘run’ the other night – I did 5 minutes on the treadmill twice between my circuit workout. I felt good and pain-free both times and took the pace very easy. I want to get back to running but know that there’s no way for me to heal these shin splints/micro tears in my calf if I don’t give it a break – oh and when I do Insanity and/or T25 I make sure to modify with movements that could mimic high impact on those areas too 😉
Turkey day, I did indulge quite a bit with treats I’d been dreaming about through the day – pumpkin pie, stuffing – I made pumpkin pie tarts that were gluten free but didn’t quite nail the crust. Needless to say, that night my tummy was NOT happy with me – going grain free definitely gets you used to that way of eating!
So, this weekend I was back at it! I made some homemade eats like butternut squash soup & falafel patties and made sure to watch my intake over the weekend amidst us having a fun time nonetheless!
How did you attack your workouts before and after Thanksgiving?
What new workouts have you been doing – join this week’s linkup!

December 1, 2013, 2:00 pm

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! So cool about the T25 too. I’ve yet to try any of those workouts (P90X, Insanity, etc.), but I *know* they’re totally butt-kicking.

December 1, 2013, 2:10 pm

I am non holiday, visiting my family in New Mexico. My dad is pretty diligent about exercise since he was diagnosed with and later healed from cancer and without me even asking arranged a pass at the his gym for me. I am training for a half in January and already planned on running and luckily for me one of my best school friends invited me to do a Thanksgiving 10k with her. So… I went to the gym 3 times (1 was just an interval run on the treadmill) and ran a total of 20k outside (2 runs). I worked out more on holiday than I’ve had time or energy for at home!

It was the first Thanksgiving in 20 years I’ve had in the US and I did indulge, yes, but small amounts of what I loved rather than gorging on what is just “meh”.

I am flying back today and would like to keep up the momentum – I plan on going to my own gym next week for some cross training 🙂

December 1, 2013, 2:11 pm

On holiday 🙂 not non holiday…

December 1, 2013, 4:10 pm

The T25 approach sounds like a better fit for me. I can do very intense classes live, but get intimidated/discouraged doing them at home. I went for a short run on Turkey Day and then ran 10 miles yesterday. We’re down to the last two pieces of pie ….

December 1, 2013, 4:11 pm

Would love to try the T25 workout sometime.

December 1, 2013, 4:47 pm

I have not tried any of those workouts like Insanity or P90X, but I do enjoy cross training mixed with my runs. I hope your shin splints and micro tears are healed quickly. Happy December!

December 1, 2013, 7:37 pm

I am starting my fifth week of T-25 and I’m totally hooked. I like it more than Insanity because it’s such a quick workout that I can utilize as cross training coupled with my running. Congrats on becoming a coach too! You’ll do great with that. And definitely take care of those shin splints.

December 1, 2013, 10:09 pm

I kept my workouts the same before, during and after the holiday. I’m trying to be consistent this holiday season.

December 1, 2013, 11:13 pm

Insanity was too much for me, I’d be interested to see how T25 actually stacks up

December 2, 2013, 12:13 am

Congrats on all your new BeachBody endeavors.
    I totally slacked this week with family back in town so I need to get back to it bad.

December 2, 2013, 12:47 am

T25 looks awesome!

December 2, 2013, 11:06 am

T25 sounds awesome!

December 2, 2013, 9:56 pm

Hi Kat, I had a three day break from my figure skating before, during, and after Thanksgiving. Ordinarily I like to work out on Thanksgiving morning if possible but my body needed a break and I needed to cook. Skated Saturday, rested again Sunday. Unfortunately my knees are both being problematic so I will continue to need to not over-do and to keep up with the ice and stretching, as well as improve my form on my turns in skating which I think are aggravating them.