Weekly Workouts Roundup Wk of 12/22

2014 is almost here, how crazy is that?!
Link up (I usually always do this post on Sundays!) as I recap workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup! It can be any day and not necessarily Sunday also!

Week of 12/22/2013
12/22 – T25 Speed 2.0
12/23- Turbo Fire 45 + buddy core work
12/24- 5 mile run + T25 Dynamic Core
12/25- 12 moves of Christmas ladder workout + Turbo Fire HIIT 30
12/26-  4 mile run
12/27– am buddy workout
12/28- 12 mile long run
Total Miles: 21

The holidays can DEFINITELY make eating and workout out a challenge!
With the good ol’ “No excuses” mantra rambling through my head, I made room to get MOVING!
I am LOVING Turbo Fire and T25! My schedule’s been a bit mixed up week to week, so I try to make sure to use it as cross and strength training in the am before the day gets busy. You can really get a GOOD SWEAT in about 30 minutes with Charlene or Shaun T 😉 Then, I mix in at least 3 times a week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday to gear up for the Disney World Half on January 11. I DID miss it! Since Marine Corps back in October, I was having a lot of issues with shin splints – I ran the marathon on 2 rounds of prednisone! After doing Vegas 3 weeks after that, I knew I needed a good break. Since coming back to running I’ve felt strong! Breathing is MUCH easier with cooler weather, but I also feel stronger using a better [faster] cadence and my arms – strength and cross training really DO work! Thursday I ended up doing my first sub-9 minute mile run in over 2 months! I’ve realized that while I do want to do another marathon down the road, half marathon training is much more friendly to the body. I’m not drained from run after run and I can fit in a long run without my whole Saturday going towards stretching and recouping.
Good runs always soothe the soul – and bring on the pug photobombers

Saturday I met up with some friends for a run around a local area called Davis Island, right off of the water of course, doing 7 miles with them and 5 more with the rest of the run group that meets there. Humidity was abound, icky especially in December, but my longest run in a few months was done nonetheless!

Still drenched after a run – winter in Florida
Running and I are becoming buds again 😉
How was your week in workouts?
Does a break from running help you also get your mojo back?

December 29, 2013, 2:31 pm

I had so much on the schedule after marine corps that a break wasn’t in the cards. I had an epic meltdown after wine and dine and had to readjust my approach and cut myself some slack.
    I’ve always admired your running buds group. I’m planning to join a running group as part of my 2014 goals 🙂
    See you at WDW! -Christine

December 30, 2013, 1:51 am

It’s always good to reassess goals! You can definitely find a few groups to make runs fun!! Can’t wait to see you!

December 29, 2013, 2:34 pm

You had a good workout week! I haven’t tried Turbo Fire or T25 yet, but I’m wanting to!

December 30, 2013, 1:51 am

Definitely hit me up – they’re awesome workouts and QUICK!

December 29, 2013, 2:41 pm

Time away from running our down time at the least can seriously help get mojo back. I’ve been taking it really easy with running lately and enjoying some off season. Although yesterday when I ran definitely felt that inner urge to be running more.

Great week of workouts and keeping at it with the holidays. I hope you have a great new year!!

December 29, 2013, 3:18 pm

After my official season ended, I took almost one week off from working out, which was a great mental and physical break–and I think I waited about a month to start biking again. 😉 But yes, taking time away from running (or swimming or biking) helps restore my mojo and motivation big time. 🙂

December 29, 2013, 3:36 pm

I’m running vicariously through you! My one mile every other day will have to hold me over for another few weeks. I SO miss running BUT it is nice to have loads of free time on the weekend!

December 30, 2013, 1:52 am

Haha, you deserve a rest and that crazy winter weather makes it tough too!

December 29, 2013, 4:31 pm

You did a great job staying active! I’m slowly building up the running again but am not where I want to be yet.

December 29, 2013, 5:21 pm

Glad you are getting back to being buds with running again! I think small breaks work wonders!!!

December 29, 2013, 7:42 pm

I definitely miss my runs when I don’t do them–great for my mojo! Love your photos; you’re so cute 🙂

December 29, 2013, 8:55 pm

I don’t break – I cannot break – I fear I might lose my mojo!!!! LOL. What’s the quote…. If you don’t use it, you lose it? LMFAO!

December 29, 2013, 9:02 pm

I totally failed this holiday season. I not only indulged with way too many unhealthy foods, but I skipped so many workouts. Good to see that you kept on track. Kudos to you chica. And Happy New Year.

December 30, 2013, 1:54 am

I did, but I also believe in work hard play hard for sure – once we’re done with the holidays it’s GAME TIME!

December 30, 2013, 1:08 am

You did awesome. I used too many excuses this week. I must get back at it.
    So proud of you for killing your workouts even through the holidays.

December 30, 2013, 3:39 am

My workouts were sporadic but they happened at least! You are awesome. Keep inspiring me! I look forward to seeing you soon!