2014 Walt Disney World 10k Race Recap

This past summer I was able to run my Coast-to-Coast Disney Challenge AND complete the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare over on the West coast in DISNEYLAND! I was so excited to be able to do the same thing here on the EAST coast! Unofficially, yes, as there was no additional medal for that feat – FUN nonetheless!
As always, this Disney race started bright and early at 530am, but this time I had my car to get us to the start! Linz and I woke up at 4am and made our way to Epcot in time to get to the Starting area and meet with some of our favorite peeps before the race kicked off.
Bumped into Caitlyn, Megan, and ran some of the race with Jill too!
We were off a little after the official Wheelchair start and Corral A group after about 20 minutes or so and headed around to make our way into the Epcot Park!
Our group decided to do intervals at first and as we all settled into paces, we were okay to split up. Becca, Linz, Jill, and I stayed together until around the 5k mark and then split up. We headed into Epcot which was so much FUN for me! I hadn’t been able to run around this park yet with the halves I’ve done at Disney, so what a treat!
Even though this was one of multple races for all of us, we cheesed for photos and laughed and told stories the whole way! We went around the park lot, into the park, and then through Future World, the World Showcase, and back in the Boardwalk area.
In the blink of an eye it was over because ALL of the miles were HAPPY miles! Nothing like getting to know friends more during a fun run!
We stayed near the finish to find some more friends who were already done and wait for others who were about to complete the Inaugural 10k!
Nothing like a fun, quick race to kick off the race weekend for me! Most of these guys already did the 5k the day before and were at their 2nd early wakeup of race weekend!
Next up we had the Half Marathon to conquer!
Don’t forget to check out PART 1 of the 2014 WDW Race Weekend:

Is 10k one of your favorite distances?
Have you run an inaugural race before?

January 16, 2014, 12:28 pm

Congratulations! That is so wonderful for you! I would love to run the Disney races one day! They look like so much fun!!! Unfortunately 10k is not my favorite distance, I have had many bad experiences racing it on the track, racing with Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher pulled the race out waaayyy too fast and I paid for it later!!! I havent done too many road races though, they look like fun 🙂 Thanks for sharing your experience!

January 16, 2014, 2:46 pm

Thanks for visiting! DIsney races are SO MUCH FUN!

January 16, 2014, 1:01 pm

The inaugural 10k was such a fun race, and monumental for me since it was my first Disney race! I think I saw you in the corral from a distance, but I couldn’t tell, but now I wish I had walked over because seeing your pictures makes me think that it was you.

January 16, 2014, 2:46 pm

Glad you had such an awesome time! You should have TOTALLY said HI!!

January 16, 2014, 3:42 pm

LOVE THIS!! Honestly all your pics have made me want to do a Disney race even more (if that is even possible!). Can’t wait to hear about all the other distances!

January 16, 2014, 5:59 pm

I’ve run a few inaugural races. I think the 10k is a good distance although I havent’ actually ever raced one. I think I will try this year.

January 16, 2014, 5:59 pm

LOVED being part of this inagural 10K too! So much fun but sad we didn’t get to meet up. Baby Girl and I are heading back there in May for Expedition Everest if you are in?

January 16, 2014, 9:29 pm

I’ll check on Expedition Everest prices!

January 16, 2014, 8:06 pm

Congrats on your finish! 10K is probably my favorite distance! I will be embarking on the enchanted 10K in February which is an inaugural race as well!

January 16, 2014, 9:30 pm

It rocks doesn’t it?! Have fun at that inaugural race!

January 16, 2014, 8:26 pm

I love the 10K, it was(is) my favorite distance!

January 16, 2014, 9:13 pm

I’m a big fan of 10-Ks. It gives you time to warm up, settle in, and push it. That’s too much to accomplish during a 5-K! 😉

January 16, 2014, 9:44 pm

I LOVED the 10K! It was so fun! And I loved running in the World Showcase and Boardwalk area when my legs were still fresh…unlike last year when I ran that area at the end of the marathon!

January 17, 2014, 1:45 am

Oh my gosh looks like so much fun! Congratulations!

January 17, 2014, 4:11 pm

I was just at Disney World right before Christmas, and your pictures were so fun to look at it bc it reminded me of how much fun we had. I would love to run a Disney race at some point, seems like it should be on every runner’s bucket list. It looks like you had an amazing time. And you’re so right, running with friends is amazing. I did a half in October with my two best friends and it was remarkable. Congrats on your finish!

January 17, 2014, 8:30 pm

Well that looks sssssuper fun! Congrats on your 10K lady!

January 18, 2014, 7:10 pm

I love 16K the best 🙂

January 18, 2014, 9:16 pm

I love the 10k distance! But sometimes it can be too short, like for this race!

January 19, 2014, 6:38 pm

I like 10K, but the half is really my favorite distance.

January 20, 2014, 3:15 pm

I wish there were more 10ks offered. I like the distance a lot. Glad you had fun in your Disney races!