2014, I feel, will only be a continuation of the growth I’ve been experiencing in life! Not only is it an EVEN number (i.e. I HATE odd numbers – superstitious much?!) BUT it’s also a year I take it a bit easier from running race after race and focus on balancing everything going on in life (family, friends, work, IT ALL) even more so.
We’ll call 2014 the YEAR OF PURPOSE
We can all get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. Whether it be forming tunnel vision and strictly targeting work, or family, or running, whatever – getting caught up in one part of life and not necessarily putting it all together. I’m guilty of it – I tend to get overwhelmed with new responsibilities but then once I get used to a routine, the dust settles. I’ve also learned that what we do in life – again whether it be family, work, etc. – should have PURPOSE. It’s taken me time to understand what that means over the years, but it’s becoming more and more clear as I work more with others on their fitness journies or coach others with workout plans – SERVING OTHERS and not focusing strictly on just US helps us grow OURSELVES.
What’s ON DECK for the YEAR of PURPOSE?
January 11 – Walt Disney World Half Marathon
February 1 – Best Damn Race 10k
February 27 – March 2 – IDEA Personal Trainer Institute – East
March 15-19 – Chicago to visit Shannyn
May – Celebrate 2nd Anniversary
June 26-29 – Fitbloggin 2014
August 2-9 – OBX Family vacation
Goals for 2014:
* Increase skills to help personal training clients (i.e. TRX Rip and more classes February at IDEAFIT PTI)
* Teach another fitness class on top of Insanity (funny that this JUST happened to be a draft I wrote and then I was offered to team Basic Training on Monday nights at my gym!! HAPPY DANCE)
* Balance strength training/healthy eating/running into a weekly regimen more regularly (i.e. planned meals)
* Conduct monthly or bimonthly 21/30 Day Challenges as a Fitness Coach
* Try to pay it forward more (i.e. $1s left on dollar store items or paying for a stranger)
* Volunteer for the holidays Thanksgiving or Christmas
* Remember: Love – Give Mercy – Be humble (F3 Further Faster Forever baby!) daily!
* Enjoy traveling for experiences aside from just running
* Be more spontaneous with weekends and trip planning – let hubby take control every so often (OCD much?)
* End of the year: Train harder to prepare for 2015 SPRING Marathon
Not AS much RACECATIONING but still some in there – I mean, I can NEVER sit still! Also, some MORE time for reflection and living in the MOMENT to focus on what’s most important and ensure I’m living with PURPOSE!
OTHERS will drive what I do each and EVERY day!
But, How will I stay ACCOUNTABLE for these goals?
Welp, I write them here to share with you all and that FOR SURE makes me want to stay focused and not veer from them! I’ll also be checking in every month or so with updates!
How are you staying focused on 2014 goals?
How do you feel you live with purpose?
What’s your WORD for goal focus in 2014? tell me! I want to do a roll up of these in a future post!