Weekly Workouts: Fitting it in ON THE ROAD – Wk of 3/1

Moving my Sunday tradition to Fridays! Link up as I recap workouts for the week in a Weekly Workouts Roundup for this past week! It can be any day also!

Week of 3/1/2014
3/1 – 7 mile treadmill run + TRX RIP class
3/2- 2 mile run recovery run + travel
3/3 – Travel – Taught and did Extreme Circuit training class + 30 burpees
3/4 – 4 mile run + 25 burpees
3/5 –  a.m. T25 Speed 2.0 + Taught and did Insanity
3/6 – 5k run
Planned: 3/7 – T25 Speed 2.0 / Turbo Fire 25-30 min
Total Miles: 16.1
It’s easy to stay focused on workouts when away at a fitness conference at least, right? 😉

Saturday morning, I planned to run with Becca in DC but we both chickened out because of the cold weather and I stuck to my plan of 7 miles instead on the treadmill. I was relieved that the treadmills in the hotel fitness center were the same ones I run on at the gym, the Precor treadmill with a P80 console – YAY! So, I decided to split up the run into segments, because I know when I get on a treadmill I tend to need TONS to distract me [sidenote: hmm wonder if this would be true in the home?] I ran 2 miles, sipped some water and kept on – pausing after each 2 miles and then finishing up with 7. I was able to maintain a steady 8:55 pace including a walk at the end. I’m really hoping that the crosstraining and conditioning that’s helped me get this strong continues to benefit as the miles increase!

Before leaving Alexandria on Sunday, I did a 2 mile treadmill recovery run and played around with my Dynamax  ball in the hotel room. You can really get in a great core workout with tons of new moves!

Without this handy ball, how do I keep myself focused on fitness ON THE ROAD??
* I usually pack my T25 Resistance bands and DVDs with me – some hotels have DVD players you can request to use
* I put together hotel room workouts that can be done with body resistance movements
* I make sure that there is a fitness center before planning to stay at a hotel
* I look up local running routes in the event I want to venture outside
*****************
Taking it easy on Monday, I decided to workout with my class that evening in a Buddy Workout that took us through 2 cycles of 8 exercises for 1-2 minutes each.
It’s been a FUN FILLED week back and I couldn’t have a FULLER HEART from all of the awesomeness around me – people feeling good about themselves motivates ME!
So, How do you fit in fitness on the road??
What is your ongoing motivation?

March 7, 2014, 11:56 am

I visit my elderly mother often and usually for 4 days at at time. During those visits, I use the gym at her facility. Unfortunately, I have never run outside while there because I am uncomfortable running in an area that I really do not know. Sidenote: dogs scare me since I have been bitten not once but twice….no fun!

March 7, 2014, 1:22 pm

That’s convenient to have a gym there – safety first!

March 7, 2014, 12:32 pm

When booking a hotel, I too often look for one that includes a fitness room, even if its small and only has a couple of pieces of equipment. I know its difficult to get workouts in while traveling, but any workout is better than no workout!

March 7, 2014, 1:31 pm

I also pack my bands and some DVDs and even my 1lb weighted gloves which really kick up a kickboxing workout! I love finding running routes b/c it’s such a great way to see a city in my opinion. And, I really scout out hotels by their gyms more than just about any other perk (that and a fridge).

March 7, 2014, 1:46 pm

Great job getting those workouts in while on the road! I know I can run pretty much anywhere so that helps me when I travel!

March 7, 2014, 2:34 pm

I’m usually a hotel gym girl. Treadmill and free weights if they are available, but I have been known to search for a yoga class nearby, especially if I’m staying in a downtown metropolis. I love to check out other yoga studios.

March 7, 2014, 2:41 pm

Just in time for my trip next week. I don’t think I’ll be able to bring my T25, so I was thinking of doing my own body weight exercises, running/walking, or bringing my skip-it with me. I’ve never committed to working out while away but I feel like I should since I don’t want to get behind with T25.

March 8, 2014, 11:26 pm

You can do what you can remember for sure girlie, you’ve got this!

March 7, 2014, 4:02 pm

Staying motivated on vacation is REALLY TOUGH but I get it done. Especially if I surround myself with beautiful surroundings like an ocean, sun or sand!!!

March 7, 2014, 5:52 pm

I make sure the hotel has a gym or maybe running paths/trails. But I am usually pretty good at creating a fitness routine in the room as well. It’s really not that hard, as you know 🙂

March 8, 2014, 11:27 am

Nice job! I can’t imagine doing seven miles on the treadmill. After 20 minutes, I’m itching to get off!

March 8, 2014, 11:27 pm

haha, I segment it seems to help – seems

March 8, 2014, 1:35 pm

Get it girl! I have no doubt all of your strength work will translate to some speed on the road! -Christine

March 8, 2014, 1:38 pm

Good job on getting your workouts in, even though you are traveling. I beat treadmill boredom also by splitting up the run in segments. You can include some weights every mile for example.

March 8, 2014, 6:53 pm

I love your pink and purple print BAMR band. Good job getting the workouts in!

March 9, 2014, 3:36 pm

My favorite thing to pack is my small TPTherapy foam roller. Even if I don’t want to work out when I’m traveling, if I start by foam rolling, before I know it I’m doing burpees, push-ups, mountain climbers, squats, jump squats, and core.