This week has been the week of “a new routine is kicking in!”
With the weather here in Florida getting RIDIC and being 95 degrees by the time I get off work, early morning runs are now in full effect! I’m already an early birdy, but taking time to get up an hour earlier was tough cookies in the beginning! This week, though, the new routine is kicking in!
Hubs even got in on the action as he began his SOLID P90X3 focus this week, and made an appearance a few days when I was coming back from my run! He is NOT a morning person – I tend to annoy him with my chipper antics, BUT with Shakeology fueling him right he is all amped up some mornings to do his workout and knock it out of the way early.
I’m finally feeling that GET UP AND GO!
* Patience – I have to remember it’s OK to be off kilter a few times in the beginning, not knowing which sneaker is right and forgetting my contacts on a run or two
* Early to Bed – I couldn’t expect to wake up early if I didn’t go to bed early right? Tough as it is to not stay up I have to make sure to settle down, unplug, and fall asleep in enough time to get 7-8 hours of sleep in especially to ensure a a.m. good workout
* No Sugars or Caffeine late – I’m not a caffeine person in general, but I try to steer clear of sugars late – a bouncy Kat won’t wind down – at all
* Fuel right with a proper dinner – I’m not one to eat before I workout in the a.m. so I’m sure to eat a hearty dinner so that I am fueled for the morning!
* Clothes laid out – or I do end up wearing my “I Run So I Can Eat Cupcakes” shirt out at 6am, half asleep, and it’s not cute
How do you get adjusted to a new routine or schedule?