New Digs

So, not a TON has changed here on ye old website as far as design to the naked eye BUT I am not self-hosted!

GoingSelfHosted

What’s that mean?

I’m no longer on Blogger, so I am getting adjusted to some new ways of posting – EEK! It’s all good because I will have WAY more available to me in the form of website capabilities! This week, I’ll be getting acquainted with some new things that’ll definitely challenge what I’d become accustomed to!

A HUGE SHOUT OUT to Becca from onelittlebecca who has not only been a great blend (blog friend hee hee) but the mastermind behind this switch!

While I get used to these new things, tell me

Are you on WordPress.org – what are your favorite things about it and/or plug ins?

June 2, 2014, 10:32 am

Good luck! I’ve seen so many people go through the transition, I’m sure you’ll coast right through it! 🙂

June 2, 2014, 10:45 am

I’ve been self hosted on WordPress.org for about a year now. Brian was the brains behind the move and it’s been SO easy ever since! My favorite plug-ins are Tweet old post, Comment Luv, and WordPress Related Posts! Good luck! 🙂

June 2, 2014, 1:21 pm

Perfect, thanks Steph!

June 2, 2014, 11:13 am

***TOSSES CONFETTI***

June 2, 2014, 11:20 am

Thank goodness I started on WP, ’cause I don’t know if my brain could handle the change

June 2, 2014, 1:22 pm

Haha – we’re so stubborn right?!

June 2, 2014, 11:21 am

Looks great! Once you get used to it you’re going to love the options of WP!

June 2, 2014, 11:35 am

Good luck with everything! I’m definitely a fan of Akismet, CommentLuv, Tweetily, Shareholic, and Jetpack. Have fun playing around, and don’t be afraid to call support for help–that’s what they are there for!

June 2, 2014, 1:25 pm

Thanks for the list for sure!

June 2, 2014, 12:21 pm

The blog looks great Kat!

June 2, 2014, 12:26 pm

Good luck on the transition!!

June 2, 2014, 12:45 pm

haha! “Blend” I’ll have to remember that one. Confession: my husband takes care of my site– I am so stinkin spoiled. If someone where to ask, “how do you do something?” I would look at them with a blank stare and turn around to look at my husband. He has created a monster by doing everything for me– I’m like the 46 year old that still lives at home.

June 2, 2014, 1:26 pm

So convenient! Thanks Lisa haha

June 2, 2014, 1:15 pm

Congrats on the transition! Just like in fitness, change is scary but the results are great!

June 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

Good luck with the move. Everything looks great so far.

June 2, 2014, 1:58 pm

Awesome!! I was stressed about the transition too, but so glad I did it!
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted…Babymoon + 31 weeks pregnant bellyMy Profile

June 2, 2014, 3:57 pm

I love WP and I went self-hosted last year. WP is so much easier to use than Blogger. I love CommentLuv, Shareaholic, and JetPack. Your site looks great!
    Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine recently posted…{Review} Kiss Me Organics Organic MatchaMy Profile

June 2, 2014, 11:54 pm

I’m still a blogger hold out. Don’t know if I have the energy haha. Let me know what benefits you see.
    carissa @fit2flex recently posted…Vermont KeyBank Half Marathon RecapMy Profile

June 3, 2014, 12:54 am

Good luck, I cant wait to see the final product!
    Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly’s recently posted…Weekly Updates: 05/05/14 – 06/01/14My Profile

June 3, 2014, 3:32 am

Love it! Looks great! The transfer to self-hosted is somewhat intimidating at first but you’ll figure it out in no time!
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted…Ask a Yogini: What is Pranayama?My Profile

June 3, 2014, 1:10 pm

LMFAO! Screw the snowman!!! Self-hosting is far more challenging! But regardless, grab a carrot! I hear they’re good for your brain! LOL
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Tote-ally Fashionable For The SummerMy Profile

June 3, 2014, 1:17 pm

Good luck as you continue with the transition! I’m been debating whether I should go the self hosted route. Things are way too busy right now to make the switch, but maybe I’ll take the plunge once school ends for the year.

June 3, 2014, 2:12 pm

Looks great! I was on WordPress.com and moved to WordPress.org in January. I do love all the flexibility!
    Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?! recently posted…Tri Talk Tuesday: Pre-Race JittersMy Profile

June 3, 2014, 3:34 pm

I gotta say that I’m really happy I started at WordPress. I can only imagine how much of a hassle it is to switch between platforms.
    Everything looks really good though. Good job!!
    Akismet, Comment Luv and Jetpack have all done wonderful things for me. I am still learning as I go too! What ever you do, stay away from Captcha. It makes it terribly difficult and frustrating for readers to comment. I’m sure you’ve experienced this before.
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…What I Miss During PregnancyMy Profile

June 3, 2014, 5:36 pm

Me Likes!!!!!

June 3, 2014, 6:27 pm

You’ll be adjusted in no time! I’m a text away if you have any questions! xo
    Kimberly (Manifest Yourself) recently posted…I’ve got a fit week ahead!My Profile

June 3, 2014, 7:09 pm

Your site looks awesome. Congratulations on your move and even more success to you!
    Debbie Rodrigues recently posted…Move It Monday – Gym LifeMy Profile

June 4, 2014, 1:30 am

Looks great! I agree with the plug-in suggestions so far. I try not to use too many but it is so tempting! If you have an iPhone, the WordPress App is good — I use it to upload photos from my phone to my blog and answer comments on the go.
    Coco recently posted…Exploring CopenhagenMy Profile

June 5, 2014, 1:43 am

awesome!! I love being self hosted 🙂
    Mar @ Mar on the Run recently posted…ZOOMA Annapolis – Half Marathon RecapMy Profile