The Virtual Pug Run – need I say more?

Pugs are little magical creatures who exude love with wrinkles and curly tails. I’m blessed to be the mom to one who I’ve had now for almost 13 years! Jaeden came into my life when I was 19 and has been with me through thick and thin and all of my craziness in my 20s.

I’ve become one of those “Pug People” who just get how crazy and zany their little personalities are! Being a pug mom has also brought me closer to friends I know on the interwebs who are also pug owners. One of those friends is my pal Shannyn over at Frugal Beautiful! When we visited her and her beau in Chicago this past March we were able to meet her two adorable pugs, Ralph and Max. As sad as it is to say, Ralph passed away shortly thereafter from a form of cancer not too long after we came home. Shannyn has fostered pugs since she grew up with them herself. She was able to take in Matilda, her newest pug, recently so Max has a new buddy to play with.

Shannyn and her fiance have chosen to save 26 pugs with 26.2 miles by having him wear THE BEST Pug run outfit and run the Chicago Marathon and run-raising! In an effort to help them, she created the Virtual Pug Run (Registration HERE) with this phenomenal medal as a reward for finishers who register to benefit the Northern Illinois Pug Rescue – an extension of their pug family!

Virtual-Pug-Run-For-Pug-Rescue

I was more than happy to do a post that included adorable wrinkles and a pug in a unicorn costume to help these two wonderful people raise money to save the very dog I love so much! Don’t worry, I don’t discriminate – I snuggle all dogs equal to the pug, but Jaeden does require that I play favorites 😉

Remember to Register HERE, the price increases October 1!

August 27, 2014, 7:37 am

I’ve always been a toy dog lover. The pug is definitely one of the cutest dogs out there with their smushed up faces. They have some of the best facial expressions. Too cute!
    Haley @ Running with Diapers recently posted…August Running Playlist – 2014My Profile

August 27, 2014, 8:20 pm

I thought you said dog toys LOL! Aw you can meet Jaeden soon!

August 27, 2014, 8:45 am

Aww! Pugs are sooo adorable!!! What a cute medal!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…A Beachy 10K!My Profile

August 27, 2014, 12:03 pm

I signed up for the race too! I am also a pug mom to two pug monsters- one of which has also been my little buddy since I was 20 and has grown old with my and been a great pug brother to his sisters (both furry and human)~ I really do think that pug people are of the crazy variety- but in a good way! 🙂
    Annmarie recently posted…Virtual Run Fun & A Special #SweatPink DiscountMy Profile

August 27, 2014, 8:20 pm

Yay girlie! Aw aren’t they the best? Pug moms unite!

August 27, 2014, 6:33 pm

I may not be a Pug mom, but I’m such a huge doggy fan, that I’m so in for this. And I hope to be able to actually run the miles, and not just walk on my gimpy foot.
    Carrie@familyfitnessfood.com recently posted…Blogfest and IDEA Fit – Inspiration and FunMy Profile

August 27, 2014, 8:06 pm

That medal. Amazing!!!
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Loving Lately – AugustMy Profile

August 27, 2014, 8:21 pm

It might be the cutest thing ever!

August 27, 2014, 8:15 pm

Your photo is too cute. Whenever I see pug things I think of you….today there was a shirt in the little kids section of Target with a pug. As tiny as you are, these only came up to a child’s 6….not nearly big enough!
    Pam recently posted…Boot camp at the beach!My Profile

August 27, 2014, 8:21 pm

Aw thanks girl! Haha – I can only fit into some things kids’ size 😉

August 27, 2014, 11:30 pm

It is SOOOO CRAZY to think about how old you were when you got your dog! I remember when we got my first dog Jackson, I was just 9 years old!!!!! 13 years later and LOTS OF SHEEEZE later… and he passed away but MANNNNNN that was a long and awesome life. It was an end of an era when he and my other dog Cody passed away, but now we have a new era and they’re phenomenal! 🙂
    GiGi Eats recently posted…The Fit and Funny Foodies Battle It Out Blender StyleMy Profile

August 28, 2014, 7:45 am

omgosh love this.
    now?
    next?
    we need a virtual DOOOODLE RUN.
    CARLA recently posted…Creative cardio #wycwyc style.My Profile