Weekly Workouts Roundup: At the Outer Banks

Week of August 2, 2014:

Saturday 8/2 – Driving all day

Sunday 8/3 – 2 mile beach walk + PiYo + Speed 2.0 (Focus T25)

Monday 8/4 – Piyo and Insanity class with family (1 hour)

Tuesday 8/5 – 5k run + PiYo and Insanity class with family (1 hour)

Wednesday 8/6 – 2 mile beach walk + PiYo Drench

Thursday 8/7 – 4 mile run + PiYo and Insanity class with family (1 hour)

Friday 8/8  –  2 mile beach walk + T25/PiYo

This vacation was a little different than most we’ve taken. Instead of having to run around and be on a tight timeline or agenda – taking in the sights and sounds of the city, we were able to sleep in and relax while spending time with our family in the Outer Banks during this Weekly Workouts Roundup.

IMG_4962

The house we’re staying in fits all 21 or so of us perfectly! Yes, 21 OF US! I’ve been very close to my cousins on my mom’s side to the family since I was little, and we’ve kept in touch to see everyone as much as we can over the years. Last year, I was able to see most of them when I ran MCM and this year we decided to do the beach house as a big group.

Workouts have been a mix of getting back into running, beach walks to see the beautiful shoreline, teaching the cousins group fitness that I love, and partying like big kids – if that counts.

IMG_4959

The theatre room doubled as our karaoke bar! These parties made for a very active vacation!

Hubby and I couldn’t help but do random yoga and Piyo poses outside one Tropical Storm Bertha got the heck out of dodge.

IMG_4987

To be honest, teaching the family happened to be the biggest class I’ve taught! We did 30 minutes of PiYo and 30 minutes of Insanity a few days during the week. We moved furniture and got DOWN to business! The fact that they not only did it once, but multiple times, made me so happy – there were some sore bodies going up and down the stairs but we were able to enjoy our libations that much more easier.

IMG_5007

Of course my DVD collection came with me, so I did sneak some workouts in our room before everyone woke up on some mornings.

IMG_4957

How was your week in workouts?

How is it now that the summer is winding down – is the routine sticking?

August 8, 2014, 7:56 am

Looks like you’ve been having a great time at the beach! And what could be better than a big family workout in the living room?
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Friday Five – August 8th – Race MemoriesMy Profile

August 8, 2014, 9:01 am

Haha there’s NOTHING better right?

August 8, 2014, 8:17 am

Ugh, walks on the beach.. so jeal!
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…3 Simple Ways To Increase Twitter EngagementMy Profile

August 8, 2014, 9:01 am

I’ll miss it but we’re not too far at home either!

August 8, 2014, 9:50 am

So awesome you were able to get away with so much family, and unwind enjoying it all without being tied to a schedule. I also love that you were able to get your family involved in workouts, very cool! Summer hasn’t felt like summer much to me, in that I work year round at both jobs and my hours don’t really change with the seasons. But I do well sticking with my workout routine, moreso with my running than strength training. Running this time of year is great, but it is harder to get to the gym when it’s so nice out so my strength training takes a hit for a while.
    Laura @losingrace recently posted…Brick by BrickMy Profile

August 9, 2014, 11:34 am

Thanks Laura – it’s tough in the summer but once we get some Fall weather I’m sure it’ll be more motivating for us all!

August 8, 2014, 10:21 am

Aww I LOVE that you taught classes to your family! So awesome!
    Mindy @ Road Runner Girl recently posted…Fitness Friday…August 8th Edition!My Profile

August 8, 2014, 11:01 am

It looks SO beautiful there! I’m glad you got to sleep in and relax and enjoy yourself!
    Erin @ Her Heartland Soul recently posted…Friday Five 27My Profile

August 9, 2014, 11:34 am

Thanks girlie- it was much needed – now back to the grind!

August 8, 2014, 6:31 pm

The pictures of you teaching your family are great! How cool.
    Abby @ BackAtSquareZero recently posted…Shine Activity Tracker ReviewMy Profile

August 9, 2014, 8:39 am

That’s so cute that you’re leading fitness classes for your family! I don’t think I could convince mine to do the same! lol. Looks like you’re having so much fun. Enjoy! 🙂
    Diana recently posted…Workout and Eats Recap {08-06-2014}My Profile

August 9, 2014, 11:33 am

Thanks girlie- it was a fantastic get away!

August 10, 2014, 5:05 pm

What fun! I love vacations that mix relaxing and exercise!
    AmyC recently posted…Training Truths: ZOOMA Week 4 – Building EnduranceMy Profile